IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 14: Another Grand-Duggar on the Way (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Georgiana

Lauren just announced her pregnancy, due in the fall.  At the same time, Siah and Lauren made it known they consider this child to be baby #2.

Meanwhile, this is how I feel by this Duggar baby tsunami:

image.png.59ade4d007af3132138e04a5773b3630.png

Continued from:

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 31
  • Love 1

Carrying on from the end of the previous thread:

JD and Abbie do that prom pose thing for pictures like, always. When they actually do have a baby they'll have to figure out how to sling it in there for pictures. I think it's more likely that picture was used because it was Abbie's birthday, it was a nice picture of her, and it included some other members of the family. Duggars seem to like to use group shots for people's birthdays, because they are the Collective.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

There's a comment on Siren's pregnancy announcement post from theseewaldfamily (Guinn) 'what blessed news.' And all I could think of is 'blessed be the fruit. May the lord open.)

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 4

Carry over from the previous thread. The girl I know named Asa is almost 40 so I wouldn't consider her parents part of the trendy movement but I agree it's crazy how many girls have typically boy names now. My daughter has a Eliot and a Ryan in her pre k class and both are girls. Threw me off when I first saw it. 

• Upvote 4

I almost hate to belabor this, because it feels like it has been hashed out, but re: the Baby #2 thing:

I have the same question as someone in the last thread (I don't know how to quote from previous threads) If this is Siren Baby #2, then yes, wouldn't it be Grandbaby #18 (or whatever they are on now)--plus Anna's miscarriage, then it would be #19? Why don't JB & M refer to them that way?

Interested to see if, after Siren have 13 kids if they will call this new one their oldest or their second.

There is an Asa in my family tree--male.  And one of my kids has a male friend called Asa.

Under a spoiler for BEC:

Spoiler

I do find it weird for a fundie couple to assume a jinder of a fetus--what if, Rufus forbid, that was actually a girl and they gave it a boy name.  Or worse, if it were a boy and they gave it a girl name?  I am actually not bothered that they named it, but considering how jinder-rigid these people are, you'd think they wouldn't want to take the "risk"

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

Carry over from the previous thread. The girl I know named Asa is almost 40 so I wouldn't consider her parents part of the trendy movement but I agree it's crazy how many girls have typically boy names now. My daughter has a Eliot and a Ryan in her pre k class and both are girls. Threw me off when I first saw it. 

Yes, there are lots of names now used for girls that were typically male names. I see them a lot working in a school, such as Ryan, Taylor, Brett. 

However, there are names that we firmly believe to be feminine that used to actually be boy names, like Kelly, Stacy, Ashley! So who knows what the future holds regarding names, haha. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, viii said:

Yes, there are lots of names now used for girls that were typically male names. I see them a lot working in a school, such as Ryan, Taylor, Brett. 

However, there are names that we firmly believe to be feminine that used to actually be boy names, like Kelly, Stacy, Ashley! So who knows what the future holds regarding names, haha. 

I'm a Lindsay (female version) so I hear you on that. 

• Upvote 8

23 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

I'm a Lindsay (female version) so I hear you on that. 

Me too.  Not a Lindsay but used to be male name thibg.  Think Sommers, Lee Curtis, or Oliver.

• Upvote 6

Jill reposted Josiah and Lauren's announcement on Instagram, and the photo has a copyright watermark. All I could think when looking at it was "Yes, you two are definitely Duggar family property. Good luck with that."

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 20

Wait, what? Now these two are pregnant? 

Meh. Players gonna play. Haters gonna hate. Duggars gonna procreate. What else is new?

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 5

Even if Asa is a King of Judeah from the Bible, I think Josiah and Lauren are more likely going off the fact that Asa was devoted to God and following all his ways. So in some sense they named their unborn baby "devotion" without having a gender associated. (but I don't know them at all so you know, I could be totally wrong)

While I don't think Asa is indicative of future naming choices, I DO think it indicates deep devotion to fundamentalism and strictly following the rules, at least initially. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

I know a bunch of (older) Russians with the name Asya pronounced Ahc-ya. None that I remember younger. But grandparents generation a lot of them. Womans name for Russians. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Wait, what? Now these two are pregnant? 

Meh. Players gonna play. Haters gonna hate. Duggars gonna procreate. What else is new?

These two are not pregnant. Lauren is the only one of the two who will be going through nine months of pregnancy, labor, and delivery.

Edited by wandering woman
  • Upvote 6
  • Move Along 2
  • Downvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

Technically Lauren’s pregnant; they’re both expecting; she has a bun in the oven; and they’re both joining the pudding club. 

Point being, another #2019duggarling. Yay!? ☺️

Edited by FundieCentral
  • Upvote 14
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

I really feel that Lauren is super fundie and that is where the baby #2 intensity (for lack of a better word) comes from. Of all of them I think she truly, almost desperately, believes. I get that she was brainwashed into believing her entire life, but she truly truly believes everything that she is saying is right and true. I think that kind of zeal comes out in her posts, and yes, I think Lauren is driving that train.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

My daughter has a Eliot and a Ryan in her pre k class and both are girls. Threw me off when I first saw it. 

Rian/Ryan is a girls name in Dutch, although you would mostly write is as Rianne/Ryanne.

It comes from Marian I think.

But if you pronounce it like the boy's name, then it makes no sense.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Rian/Ryan is a girls name in Dutch, although you would mostly write is as Rianne/Ryanne.

It comes from Marian I think.

But if you pronounce it like the boy's name, then it makes no sense.

Yeah they pronounce it and spell it like the boys name. Ryan has siblings with other "gender neutral" names, as the parents call them, as well. 

• Upvote 1

Isn't the name Asa in the Torah? Googing it and it seem it means healer.  I feel like they with lean towards the Jewish name( Jewish like) like Jill wanted too. 

Girl: Leda 

Boy :Tatum 

• Upvote 2

Name guesses go in the Baby Name Thread please and thanks! I'm not going to be going through all the discussions! :) 

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, wandering woman said:

These two are not pregnant. Lauren is the only one of the two who will be going through nine months of pregnancy, labor, and delivery.

Lauren is pregnant with a baby. Josiah is pregnant with expectation. There. Now everyone can be happy.

Why is this pregnancy jargon such a pressure point for some? It's just what people say to acknowledge both parents are involved with the experience. The idea that they aren't, is partially responsible for centuries of male neglecting childbirthing and child rearing responsibilities as a woman's thing. Just curious.

Edited by TatiFish9
  • Upvote 19
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TatiFish9 said:

Lauren is pregnant with a baby. Josiah is pregnant with expectation. There. Now everyone can be happy.

Why is this pregnancy jargon such a pressure point for some? It's just what people say to acknowledge both parents are involved with the experience. The idea that they aren't, is partially responsible for centuries of male neglecting childbirthing and child rearing responsibilities as a woman's thing. Just curious.

I believe that pregnancy/pregnant is a medical term. If I’m correct then it can’t be applied to a couple, but can only correctly be used when stating that a woman or a Transgender man is pregnant. 

ETA: When used in this context. Like you pointed out, the term “pregnant” can be used in a second manner as well. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 12

1 hour ago, TatiFish9 said:

Because no cis-gendered male will ever be pregnant. It is literally, factually, biologically impossible for them to grow another human being and then physically transition that human into the outside world. Men don't "neglect childbirthing", they don't have that responsibility in the first pace. Responsibility to the person who is birthing their child - yes.  Responsibility to the child they're both "expecting" - yes. Give credit where credit's due. 

Misapplying terms that have actual, concrete definitions is a problem regardless of whatever "jargon" you're considering - whether it's "pregnant" or "pedophile" (another one commonly seen on certain FJ threads...). 

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 21

On 5/21/2019 at 12:01 PM, Georgiana said:

Lauren just announced her pregnancy, due in the fall.  At the same time, Siah and Lauren made it known they consider this child to be baby #2.

Meanwhile, this is how I feel by this Duggar baby tsunami:

image.png.59ade4d007af3132138e04a5773b3630.png

I don't even know you, but I know enough to deem you awesome for posting something from Homestar Runner.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Kaylo said:

I really feel that Lauren is super fundie and that is where the baby #2 intensity (for lack of a better word) comes from. Of all of them I think she truly, almost desperately, believes. I get that she was brainwashed into believing her entire life, but she truly truly believes everything that she is saying is right and true. I think that kind of zeal comes out in her posts, and yes, I think Lauren is driving that train.

Lauren kind of reminds me of Anna and Michelle with her intensity. I can’t really explain it though. I just get the sense that those three really believe what they’re saying when they talk about their beliefs. I get a similar vibe from Jana when she’s posted religious type stuff or praised her parents online. I have a feeling she’ll stick more closely to their family’s core beliefs regardless of whether she marries or not. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Curious unlocked and locked this topic