IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

Well, according to her latest IG the family is coming to CA. She mentioned my exact location, a very touristy region,  as a spot that she and her extended family will be visiting. Luckily, we leave for an adventure down under later this week and will miss the H. Entourage!

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

play mommy martyr

Oh, oh next thread title:  P is for Playing Mommy Martyr  :in_my_humble_opinion:

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, Shiny said:

FFS, is there nothing that ISN'T hard, difficult, or a "chore" for this lady? 

Date night. 

What's up with the hashtags on the co-op post? Everything doesn't neatly fall into the categories of good/bad. Part of being an adult is just doing what needs to get done without whining. Most of us just put in our big girl panties and get on with it. Work is what life is made of and finding ways to simplify and streamline your workload doesn't make you lazy. No one needs to "do all the things". That's one of Abbie's many problems. She tries to do so much that she doesn't take the time to do anything well and her children are always the ones to suffer for it. 

#hardisnotthesamethingasbad
#itsnothesamethingasgoodeitherifitsselfinflicted#itsoknottodoallthethings

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, Shiny said:

FFS, is there nothing that ISN'T hard, difficult, or a "chore" for this lady? 

Putting herself front and centre of whatevah drama she's manufactured today.

• Upvote 6

This woman is insufferable. She acts like she's the only person on earth that gets up early to exercise. Because that's her "jam". Uuuugh. So annoying. Abbie doesn't really care about giving life advice. Its just a smoke screen for her to brag.

I was a runner before a bad car accident sidelined me. Six days a week I would get up at 4:30 and run to the high school that was three miles away, hit the bleachers and run up and down 10-20 times, and then run home. I hate to burst your bubble Abbie but you're not weird or special for exercising in the morning. Lots of people start their day that way.

Screenshot_2019-08-29-10-50-30.thumb.png.6334d404bf971d54e6c9832493691f71.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

This woman is insufferable. She acts like she's the only person on earth that gets up early to exercise. Because that's her "jam". Uuuugh. So annoying. Abbie doesn't really care about giving life advice. Its just a smoke screen for her to brag.

I was a runner before a bad car accident sidelined me. I would get up at 4:30 and run to the high school that was three miles away, hit the bleachers and run up and down 10-20 times, and then run home. I hate to birst your bubble Abbie but you're not weird or special for exercising in the morning. Lots of people start their day that way.

Screenshot_2019-08-29-10-50-30.thumb.png.6334d404bf971d54e6c9832493691f71.png

I completely agree. Each person is different when it comes to exercise. My favorite time to exercise has always been mid to late morning. But that’s a terrible time to exercise if you work day shift. So I would exercise in the evening. Which can be hard too. Sometimes when you get off work, all you want to do is go home and relax. Other people might prefer to exercise in the evening an hour before bed. It just depends. She’s really not that special because she prefers to exercise early. 

• Upvote 4

I get up every morning at 4:15 to run. I guess that qualifies me to dispense invaluable life advice and guidance.

The exercise Abbie gets just from patting herself on the back all the time is probably all she really needs, anyway.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I completely agree. Each person is different when it comes to exercise. My favorite time to exercise has always been mid to late morning. But that’s a terrible time to exercise if you work day shift. So I would exercise in the evening. Which can be hard too. Sometimes when you get off work, all you want to do is go home and relax. Other people might prefer to exercise in the evening an hour before bed. It just depends. She’s really not that special because she prefers to exercise early. 

Exactly my point. She wrote this post just so she could brag about how much she can leg press and that's fine. She should have just shared her accomplishment instead of trying to make it look like she's dispensing life advice.

• Upvote 6

I just realized who Braggie reminds me of!

Have any of you ever seen ”The Good Place?” If you have, you know which character is so similar to Braggie. Her name is Tahani and she went to “The Bad Place” because she’s so damn awful. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just realized who Braggie reminds me of!

Have any of you ever seen ”The Good Place?” If you have, you know which character is so similar to Braggie. Her name is Tahani and she went to “The Bad Place” because she’s so damn awful. 

Spoilers!

But yeah I can see it. Though to be fair, Tahani is capable of some reflection and growth. Something Braggie seemingly isn't.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

What did she expect? It’s a student salon. If she wanted perfection, she should go to a regular nail salon.

F2B0309F-F0D8-4091-A1C3-9F16969EF16C.jpeg

• Upvote 6

So do it yourself, you narcissistic twit.  You certainly have enough time, with Ezra around.

Also, Braggie is the queen of....

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

“Make a nutritious meal when you really want to order a pizza.”

Say that to me, and you can bet your sweet bippy I’m ordering a pizza. ?

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What did she expect? It’s a student salon. If she wanted perfection, she should go to a regular nail salon.

F2B0309F-F0D8-4091-A1C3-9F16969EF16C.jpeg

Baby Nova recently went with a friend for student facials and she said they were quite good. The estheticians were close to graduation so that probably helped. It was half the price of her usual lady.

Seriously though, it's a crap shoot. In my younger days I would always go to the beauty school for a trim. Sometimes it was great and other times I would head directly to a regular salon for a fix. I really hope Abbie wasn't a bitch when she asked for her nails to be fixed. The students are working on confidence as much as their skills but I guess they have to learn to deal with the Abbies of the world too. Also, this has nothing to do with anything but I wouldn't even bother painting my nails if they were that short. 

• Upvote 9

she can leg press 315...big fucking deal. I was pressing 350 after my ACL surgery (at age 47). Who knows now, I'm horribly out of shape...that'll eventually go back on my agenda for venturing back into life. I have a gym membership, I really should use it. 

Edited by feministxtian
  • Upvote 6

I do my own nails. I started doing so primarily because it was a way, for me, to stop me biting my nails. I tend to keep mine fairly short out of personal preference. As for leg pressing... yeah, never done that :pb_lol: I do so little exercise it’s embarrassing :embarrassed:

• Upvote 4

She said in a comment on that last post that "all her kids are in bed by 8:30".

Seriously?  A 13yo and an 11yo have to go to bed at 8:30?  

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Hopefully she lets the older boys read in bed. Ezra probably needs his sleep if the little ones are going to wake him up early in the morning. 

I cant remember what I can leg press. It’s been awhile. But I carry a lot of weight around all day long so I can probably press that much or more. I’ve always been able to press a decent amount since there’s a good amount of leg muscle under the chub ;)

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I have my 14 yo hand over his electronics at 8.30(10 on week-ends) otherwise he'll be up all night. His bus is at 7.20 so he has to be up by 6.30. He normally watches an hour or so of tv or reads for a while before going to bed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

I don't see much wrong with that bedtime? Better then having them stay up until they want and be tired the next day because they have to get up early. 
When I was 13 my  bedtime was also 20:30. Starting at 12 I was allowed to read for half an hour in bed, but my parents would check again at 21:00 to make sure I'd stop reading and actually go to sleep.
When I was 14 my bedtime was 21:30. I could choose to stay up watching tv, or I could choose to read, but no later than 21:30 sharp.
Among my peers, I was one of only a handful who had strict bedtimes, but I was also one of only a few who was never tired at the start of a school day, because I had actually had enough sleep.

• Upvote 5

Sleep time thread drift!

My just-turned 9 year old can stay up until 9, a bit later on weekends or holidays.  When he was younger I never tried to have him in bed before 7:30, or he'd be up at the crack of dawn.  He still is often up by or before 7 as it is.

Teenagers having to be in bed by 8:30 is ridiculous to me.  Their melatonin isn't churning out yet--it doesn't kick in till about midnight or 1 am (a study was done on that), later than in adults.  What's the point of them lying in bed for three hours unable to sleep? My 16-year-old decides when she wants to go to bed, and it's typically around 11 because that's when she's tired, but she admits she often doesn't fall asleep until, yep, midnight or 1 am.  

• Upvote 5

8:30 is early for most homeschooling FJ families. Because they don’t have to get up early and get to school by 8am. But Ezra is probably getting up early to take care of his siblings and they go to a homeschool coop. So they do have to be at school at a certain time. Unlike the Duggars and Bateses.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Teenagers having to be in bed by 8:30 is ridiculous to me.

Thank you, I thought I was the only one.  

I live where Braggie does.  It's just now barely dark at 8:30.  In midsummer it's not dark till after 9:00.  A teen or even an older adolescent going to bed when it's still light out is just weird to me.  

ETA: I suppose it depends on what you're used to.  My parents stopped telling me when to go to bed around age 9, and I did the same with my kids (who, granted, were homeschooled).  I had to catch the bus at 6:15am for six years.  If I stayed up late and missed it or was sleepy in school the next day, that was on me. 

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 2

My parents enforced a bed time until I was in high school. But it wasn’t 8:30. Actually I don’t even remember when my bed time was before 9. But I do think it was 9 for awhile and then it was 9:30, and then 10. No matter my bed time, I always got up early. My kids are similar so I stick to their bedtimes. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic