IGNORED

M is for Mama 4: S is for Shaving Shiloh

Georgiana

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I want to clarify something because I think AH reads here. The reason I call her out So readily is because I can see right through her BS. I share a couple of her main traits, the whole body image focus and the lack of patience. I also have a similar background in that I graduated from HS early and young, and went straight to 4 year degree program. By 20, I was a charge nurse in a busy surgical unit, and I looked about 15. Anyhow, I never in my wildest nightmare would have ever considered having a large family. Much like Abbie’s, my personality could not handle that amount of chaos, mess or noise. There are better options for all concerned. She needs to woman up and make those better choices.

I’m also not meant to have a large family. Neither my husband nor I have the patience or energy for it. We only have two children and sometimes only those two completely overwhelm us. It’s usually when one is melting down for the millionth time in a day while the other one is whining about us ruining his life. We have rather dramatic and loud children. We never wanted more than two because we knew we would be terrible parents to three or more children. I wish Braggie had that self awareness. The more children she has, the worse she becomes.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I sometimes wish I had kids(no more than two, though), but due to financial and medical reasons—spina bifida for me, epilepsy for my husband—we decided that this would be an irresponsible decision.  As it turned out, he passed from complications of a seizure in 2005, so I would have become a third-generation single mother, which is another thing I wanted to avoid.

• Love 29

Plant notes for Braggie:

- pothos is known along with snake plant as literally THE EASIEST houseplant to grow, so...yeah.  no biggie.

- pothos is not ivy.

- pothos is highly toxic to animals and people.  keep your kids and your dog away from it.  (or I should probably say, tell Ezra to keep the kids away from it)

ETA - I adore plant life but because I care more about my cats than a plant, I do all my plant experimenting and care outdoors.  Every cat we've ever owned (a LOT in 25+ years) has always gone straight to any plant I bring in the house and start to sniff and bite, so it's ix-nay on the ants-play indoors.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 11

Yes childhood is fleeting. So here’s some food for thought, AH, why don’t you stop foisting them off on others to care for so you and your husband can have endless date nights and trips away? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Braggie's IG post structure:

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME(token reference about God)MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel sorry for any future child that has the audacity to look like Shaun. 

C246C8BB-0AE9-44C9-9E95-671950746F47.jpeg

The "vast majority" have fair skin. Why does it matter? Who gives a shit if their eyes are green or brown or blue? How would Abbie treat a dark, brown eyed child? I don't know why I'm surprised that she sees her children this way. I went back and looked at some of her group shots and I can't tell who isn't fair skinned. Aren't they all considered fair? 

This makes me very uncomfortable. It sort of sounds like she's creeping around some kind of vague white superiority garbage. Maybe it wouldn't feel that way if she hadn't made posts that singled people out based on color, like the woman who approched her to talk about kids and Abbie specifically mentioned that she was black. It added nothing to the story. Or maybe I'm tainted by JRod and her talk of the "dark" children. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

28 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

My kids look like my SIL...guess they never got the memo!

My oldest looks like no one. And it kind of freaks me out. He’s such a good mix of my parents and my husband’s parents that he looks like no one. My youngest is my clone. It’s creepy.

10 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

The "vast majority" have fair skin. Why does it matter? Who gives a shit if their eyes are green or brown or blue? How would Abbie treat a dark, brown eyed child? I don't know why I'm surprised that she sees her children this way. I went back and looked at some of her group shots and I can't tell who isn't fair skinned. Aren't they all considered fair? 

This makes me very uncomfortable. It sort of sounds like she's creeping around some kind of vague white superiority garbage. Maybe it wouldn't feel that way if she hadn't made posts that singled people out based on color, like the woman who approched her to talk about kids and Abbie specifically mentioned that she was black. It added nothing to the story. Or maybe I'm tainted by JRod and her talk of the "dark" children. 

My husband is fair skinned and I am not. My husband burns very easily and he has scars all over his body (including his face) from having pre-cancerous things removed. One of my children is fair skinned and it scares me. I was hoping to have two darker complected children like myself so I wouldn’t worry about skin cancer so much. I’m always slathering them with sun screen because it makes me so anxious. 

• Upvote 9

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My oldest looks like no one. And it kind of freaks me out. He’s such a good mix of my parents and my husband’s parents that he looks like no one. My youngest is my clone. It’s creepy.

My husband is fair skinned and I am not. My husband burns very easily and he has scars all over his body (including his face) from having pre-cancerous things removed. One of my children is fair skinned and it scares me. I was hoping to have two darker complected children like myself so I wouldn’t worry about skin cancer so much. I’m always slathering them with sun screen because it makes me so anxious. 

Mr. Nova is light skinned (I don't know what constitutes actual fair skin) and works outdoors. I'm not above sending him texts at work to hound him about sunscreen. I'm a light brown Native American and avoid the sun like the plague. My skin is very delicate and I'm allergic to sunscreen. I have to rely on big hats, scarves, and long sleeves. It's a pain.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

Mr. Nova is light skinned (I don't know what constitutes actual fair skin) and works outdoors. I'm not above sending him texts at work to hound him about sunscreen. I'm a light brown Native American and avoid the sun like the plague. My skin is very delicate and I'm allergic to sunscreen. I have to rely on big hats, scarves, and long sleeves. It's a pain.

I hide from the sun too! I don’t burn much since I’m not fair. I just hate being in direct sunlight! I’m probably part vampire ;) 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Omg. That remark reminds me of Jill Rod talking about her “Dark Hannah”. 

• I Agree 6

8 hours ago, SuperNova said:

She's referring to Honor. I don't remember which post but in one she comments that he's her "tannest child by far". But yes I agree with you, all her kids are fair skinned.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

See, this is another thing that makes this woman so strange and narcissistic. "They'd better look like me". If I were writing this post, it would be "My oldest has my husbands eyes, which is great because they are beautiful. My youngest has my grandma's smile, so we can always remember her. My middle child is a unique mix of the whole family which matches her unique personality." But no, EVERYthing with Abbie is about her.  

• Upvote 12

I don't think my oldest looks anything like me. That's not what her friends say though...I just don't see it. She's GORGEOUS! 

My boys, on the other hand, look JUST LIKE me. I mean, I couldn't deny the little (big) shits if I wanted to. 

However, that has NOTHING to do with how much I love them. I love them because they are my children, I grew them, birthed them, loved them before they were born and now, after 36+ years of being a parent, I love them just as much as the day they were born. (damn them kids got OLD...I'm still trying to catch up). Their looks have nothing to do with it, although it is nice to have an absolutely beautiful daughter and 2 handsome sons to show off. Shit, they could be ugly as hell and I'd still love them (see birth of #2 son, talk about a butt-ugly baby). 

I still look at them in amazement...how did I manage to create and birth such wonderful creatures? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I don't think I've commented on these threads before (even though I have read all of them), but my mom told me once that she was so disappointed that my sister and I look like our dad and we didn't look much like her in features or in our coloring (we both have blondeish hair and blue eyes, she's always had brown hair and green eyes). She said that to me probably ten years ago and I think about it frequently- and I was an adult when she said it.

I hope if Abbie does read here she sees that sometimes her comments about her kids will be so hurtful when they see them later, especially things they have no control over! No one has any control over what they look like, and it's so hurtful and damaging to hear that your looks are "disappointing" no matter how old you are.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

56 minutes ago, Cat Damon said:

I don't think I've commented on these threads before (even though I have read all of them), but my mom told me once that she was so disappointed that my sister and I look like our dad and we didn't look much like her in features or in our coloring (we both have blondeish hair and blue eyes, she's always had brown hair and green eyes). She said that to me probably ten years ago and I think about it frequently- and I was an adult when she said it.

I hope if Abbie does read here she sees that sometimes her comments about her kids will be so hurtful when they see them later, especially things they have no control over! No one has any control over what they look like, and it's so hurtful and damaging to hear that your looks are "disappointing" no matter how old you are.

(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) The mother said that to me when I was a kid...that she was disappointed that I looked just like my father. Dude, my dad was a good looking guy! Then she got even pissier when my kids turned out looking like me. 

Fuck her and the horse she rode in on. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

On 8/14/2019 at 6:48 PM, TuringMachine said:

She's referring to Honor. I don't remember which post but in one she comments that he's her "tannest child by far". But yes I agree with you, all her kids are fair skinned.

Why yes, yes, those kids are all fair skinned because, *gasp*, both of their parents are fair skinned.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

My middle sister and I have brown eyes like our father. When my (blue-eyed) mother was pregnant with our baby sister, she said, “If this one doesn’t have blue eyes, I’m getting a blue-eyed dog.” Thanks, Mom (baby sister has blue eyes, though). 

All through my pregnancy, I pictured my baby as looking like either my husband or my baby sister, with their blue eyes and brown hair a bit lighter than mine. So I was surprised when she was born looking just like my middle sister, with nearly black hair and eyes.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Hane said:

My middle sister and I have brown eyes like our father. When my (blue-eyed) mother was pregnant with our baby sister, she said, “If this one doesn’t have blue eyes, I’m getting a blue-eyed dog.” Thanks, Mom (baby sister has blue eyes, though). 

All through my pregnancy, I pictured my baby as looking like either my husband or my baby sister, with their blue eyes and brown hair a bit lighter than mine. So I was surprised when she was born looking just like my middle sister, with nearly black hair and eyes.

My older son looked nothing like what I pictured in my head. My younger son looks just like what I had pictured. They don’t look alike and I love it. I wanted two children that looked very different because I like variety. I would be that mom who had identical twins and refused to dress them alike, lol.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My older son looked nothing like what I pictured in my head. My younger son looks just like what I had pictured. They don’t look alike and I love it. I wanted two children that looked very different because I like variety. I would be that mom who had identical twins and refused to dress them alike, lol.

I had no preconceived notions of what my kids would look like when they were born. I was hoping for cute. Got that 2/3 times. THe third time, I delivered the FUGLIEST baby you've ever seen. He looked like a cross between ET and a Klingon and needed a haircut to boot. I mean, the kid was NOT a "cute" newborn. The fact that it took 3 nurses to hold him down, dress and diaper him didn't help any either. I'm happy to say that he's grown into an incredibly handsome young man. But that first look was SCARY!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

8 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I had no preconceived notions of what my kids would look like when they were born. I was hoping for cute. Got that 2/3 times. THe third time, I delivered the FUGLIEST baby you've ever seen. He looked like a cross between ET and a Klingon and needed a haircut to boot. I mean, the kid was NOT a "cute" newborn. The fact that it took 3 nurses to hold him down, dress and diaper him didn't help any either. I'm happy to say that he's grown into an incredibly handsome young man. But that first look was SCARY!!!!

Some babies do look like ugly old men. But it’s endearing in a way. I still love ugly little old man babies just as much as the Gerber babies. They all get much cuter by the 6 month mark. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Some babies do look like ugly old men. But it’s endearing in a way. I still love ugly little old man babies just as much as the Gerber babies. They all get much cuter by the 6 month mark. 

Oh no, this was NOT an "ugly old man"...this was butt ugly like alien ugly! By about 6-7 months when I could finally buzz off that mane of wild baby hair he got better. Now, he's gorgeous. That first look was quite the surprise though...

He had bruises on his forehead from meeting my tailbone on the way out. 14 1/2" head and 4 minutes of pushing. That and the hair is what made him look like a Klingon. He had these HUGE bug eyes that reminded me of ET...His nickname was/is Bug even now. 

• Haha 12

17 hours ago, Hane said:

Baby Nova was born with a full head of jet black hair and huge black eyes. The biggest surprise was that she didn't look like me or her father. She's a mix of our relatives instead. Funny how genetics work. She was also a very tiny full term perfectly healthy baby weighing in at just 5 pounds (I was 16 and 98 lbs when I got pregnant and gained around 35 lbs during pregnancy). She grew into the eyes and still has an enviable amount glossy black hair. She also stayed tiny, topping out at 5 feet. 

ETA: there was only one other baby born the day I had Baby Nova. It was a giant 11 lb boy. He had the typical fine blonde hair and was extremely fair skinned. They looked funny laying side by side in the nursery.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic