IGNORED

Lori Alexander 60: Queen of Woo

Well there you have it straight from KC John's  uncouth mouth... if you disagree with Lori you're a baby killer. Nice people you hang around Lori Alexander. Ken how can you not see the bull shit your wife allows on her page. You are just as guilty of her charade of a page. 

Screenshot_20190116-171225.png

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Umm. So you didn’t know that quote was from your book? It didn’t sound at all familiar?

FA21E50D-3400-408D-98BD-D1D7E4764404.png

Oh. My. God. Wow.

Seriously, she didn't know it was from her, even though it literally has the cover art work and the name of the book let alone she (supposedly) wrote the damn book of drivel!

I mean I struggle with grammar a lot and I wish it clicked better in my brain. I've had to work really hard on it and I'm still super self conscious about it. So I don't normally judge Lori too harshly on her writing style. But good golly Lori, you're a professional writer with a college education so you could try a little harder. I might suck at using commas but at least I don't brag about learning nothing from my education. That's what bothers me. My dad often misspells things when writing but I couldn't care less because well he's not a jerk, doesn't pretend to be a professional writer, and he's super smart in different ways. He's actually a brilliant verbal story teller. I suppose poor grammar runs in the family lol. 

Dw2lyaYWsAAahK_.thumb.jpg.2a3e882d910edcaf52f31dbc34e12600.jpgSorta unrelated but Katy Perry got suspended for humping a tree back in the day.

As an ex christian boarding school inmate who used to list blasphemy as a hobby in her teens, this warms my heart :D

"At the 2:00 p.m. recess, Katy and four other students were in an ‘off-limits’ area (behind the backboards) practicing a skit. Katy pretended that a tree was Tom Cruise and began making sexual motions (pelvic thrusts) to the tree."

Y'all she re-did THE WHOLE doodle, it appears!

Mercy of God, seriously?

Preach THE GOSPEL, WOMAN!

Stop re-writing doodles and get understanding, wisdom and knowledge of the WHOLE Gospel!

33 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Stop re-writing doodles and get understanding, wisdom and knowledge of the WHOLE Gospel!

Or better yet, just shut up, close the blog, and quit trying to control other people. 

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

Umm. So you didn’t know that quote was from your book? It didn’t sound at all familiar?

FA21E50D-3400-408D-98BD-D1D7E4764404.png

I'm guessing she was just looking for an excuse to re-post her own stuff.

I wasn't aware she actually knew any scripture apart from Titus 2.

39 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Y'all she re-did THE WHOLE doodle, it appears!

Mercy of God, seriously?

Preach THE GOSPEL, WOMAN!

WE'VE CAUGHT HER!  She DOES read here!:laughing-rolling:

Not that we didn't already know that, but now we have proof. Heh.

17A74192-1977-472B-9921-C7264FDC1C98.thumb.jpeg.21314eb048cb3e1673b708c6a3b80415.jpeg

Spoiler

B684473C-7D47-4565-AC59-B008CAB1D729.thumb.jpeg.d12158987aa06d731f1895209272703c.jpeg

Men did write the Bible Lori. They also edited it and chose what books went into the Bible. Women were property in the Bible. Their only value was as a birthing vessel. They were sold to the highest bidder. Jesus came and gave women more value. He showed them love and compassion. 

6 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Here I tought that spinster means a woman who want's to be married instead of just an old fashioned word for single woman. Is spinster even uses a lot for single women in english speaking countries outside of fundiedom?

When I bought my first house in the US, one of the papers said, "SilverBeach, a spinster, blah blah blah". I was offended and the lawyer explained that it simply meant unmarried or single woman.  This was decades ago. Since then, I have purchased several houses and spinster is no longer used, I was just referred to as an unmarried person. 

Lori Alexander needs to sit her stupid self down somewhere. God isn't commanding her to teach anybody anything. She wants women to expect absolutely nothing from men, not even to be loved. I have a question for her. If men are so superior in every way, why do they even need a helpmeet? Why do they need to be coddled so much? If women are so weak, shouldn't we have a helpmeet? Nowhere does it say that women are only to adhere to two verses in the bible. Lori Alexander really thinks that the rest of the bible was only written for men. She is a nut, a religious nut of the worst type, one who twists things to her own sick understanding. I see why incels like her, but why any women at all follow her crap is beyond me.

6 hours ago, Loveday said:

I feel the need to provide written proof.

Lori's wall o' bullshit.1383927774_ScreenShot2019-01-16at10_37_48PM.png.e394121501de0806cff59c7ebd305503.png

After reading Freejinger Lori alters her wall o' bullshit.

894700050_ScreenShot2019-01-16at10_36_17PM.png.657e3b768f0edc4489c0e7ebc2fd6c8e.png

Hiya Lori!  You have said you regret that your father payed for you to attend college.  I'm guessing your father regrets it, too.   

12 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Here I tought that spinster means a woman who want's to be married instead of just an old fashioned word for single woman. Is spinster even uses a lot for single women in english speaking countries outside of fundiedom? The german equivalent wasn't the most friendly term for an older single woman, too. But we also had an old fashioned word for single men, who wouldn't married that had a negative connotation. But both aren't used anymore, since unmarried partnership became more popular and is now the norm here.

Spinster literally just means “unmarried woman” and is the old-fashioned, original equivalent of bachelor. But it’s an archaic word and not really used much at all.

Unlike bachelor, it has a negative connotation from our sexist culture, as if there’s something wrong with her that no one has wanted to marry her. (No female agency taken into account there...)

But even in its negative implication it has nothing to do with WANTING to be married. Technically, any single woman is a spinster in the factual meaning of the word, whether she’s delighted about that or wishing to change that.

It can be used as an insult or self-insult to imply “unwanted” but that is unrelated to what the woman herself wants.

8 hours ago, Loveday said:

I’m kind of a downer, I guess, but I’m always baffled when FJers claim that some blogger must read here because they corrected something that was posted about.

C’mon, it’s a grammar mistake. A LOT of people will have noticed it and she could well have been told about it by commenters, chat room people, etc. (I almost suggested that it was possible she noticed it herself, but she doesn’t seem like the type ?

I actually do think she may read here, but correcting an obvious mistake isn’t “proof”. Correlation does not equal causation.

6 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

why any women at all follow her crap is beyond me.

It's highly probable that many of Lori's female followers are abused women trying to make sense of what is happening in their lives. Lori is a rubber stamp for abusers, telling women that they have no right to expect love, that they can't be raped, that they are responsible for their husbands eternal soul.

She speaks with a strange authority that comes from absolutely nothing of substance, and much like an abusive man telling his woman that she's no damn good, they believe her. These women who are already well versed in the internal rhetoric of, I am garbage/I am treated like garbage, find a sick comfort in Lori's message of women as second class citizens. If all of the suffering is for a greater power, then it's not happening for nothing. Your husband isn't a bad man, it's Satan. Who would want to believe that they married a bad man?

Lori then compounds the fear by telling an abused woman her that no one else will want her if she leaves, the children will suffer if she leaves, he will self destruct she goes. Lori spreads this evil shit while sitting in her ivory tower with no real concept of how it effects women. And what's worse is that she doesn't care. She's happy to ruin lives just as long she keeps going viral. 

Originally, Spinster used to be an honorable title. In the past, many single women supported themselves quite nicely by spinning fiber into yarn. They were called Spinsters. It was one of the few jobs a single woman could do and survive independently on. 

5 hours ago, Petronella said:

I’m kind of a downer, I guess, but I’m always baffled when FJers claim that some blogger must read here because they corrected something that was posted about.

C’mon, it’s a grammar mistake. A LOT of people will have noticed it and she could well have been told about it by commenters, chat room people, etc. (I almost suggested that it was possible she noticed it herself, but she doesn’t seem like the type ?

I actually do think she may read here, but correcting an obvious mistake isn’t “proof”. Correlation does not equal causation.

All quite true, of course. However, Lori is one of the few (if not the only) bloggers we discuss here who has claimed--or Ken has claimed for her-- to never, ever read websites like FJ. So when she says something like 'They accuse me of...even teaching heresy,' and the only place I've seen someone actually use the word heresy in regards to that post is right here on FJ (Aunt Krazy's comment from yesterday, just one page back), it's a pretty safe bet that Lori saw it here. Which, considering her claim to never read here, is pretty damning evidence in my book. Of course, Ken could have read it and told her about it, but considering how little he's been posting lately on her stuff, I doubt it. 

6 minutes ago, Loveday said:

All quite true, of course. However, Lori is one of the few (if not the only) bloggers we discuss here who has claimed--or Ken has claimed for her-- to never, ever read websites like FJ. So when she says something like 'They accuse me of...even teaching heresy,' and the only place I've seen someone actually use the word heresy in regards to that post is right here on FJ (Aunt Krazy's comment from yesterday, just one page back), it's a pretty safe bet that Lori saw it here. Which, considering her claim to never read here, is pretty damning evidence in my book. Of course, Ken could have read it and told her about it, but considering how little he's been posting lately on her stuff, I doubt it. 

Yes, I think there is evidence that she likely reads here, as you cite ("heresy" etc). But not just because she fixes a mistake.

14 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

I mean I struggle with grammar a lot and I wish it clicked better in my brain. I've had to work really hard on it and I'm still super self conscious about it. So I don't normally judge Lori too harshly on her writing style. But good golly Lori, you're a professional writer with a college education so you could try a little harder. I might suck at using commas but at least I don't brag about learning nothing from my education. That's what bothers me. My dad often misspells things when writing but I couldn't care less because well he's not a jerk, doesn't pretend to be a professional writer, and he's super smart in different ways. He's actually a brilliant verbal story teller. I suppose poor grammar runs in the family lol. 

I was an English teacher for many years. My life goal is to never be an English teacher again. Point being, I know grammar. 

I used to be an English teacher about grammar and mechanics when I was much younger. I would spot every grammar or punctuation error in anything and heap silent scorn on the writer. But, you know what, I just don't do that anymore. It's not worth it. Here's the thing about grammar, mechanics and punctuation: it is all situational to a huge degree. The grammar you need to use for a formal purpose is different than grammar on a message board. A punctuation error on a message board is different than a punctuation error on a document you submit to your boss. The grammar you use in conversation with your friends is different than what you use when writing for any purpose. 

And that's all okay. Grammar and usage is also influenced by dialects. My Appalachian relatives commit a lot of things I used to consider grammar sins. But most of them are part of their dialect and rooted in cultural and ethnic identity. Who am I do criticize that? Now, if one of them wanted me to edit a research paper for their college class, I would correct that grammar. But on a Facebook post? Who cares. 

BUT...Lori is setting herself up as an authority and presenting her writing--even online--as coming from a place of expertise, plus she has published her writing. She has created an expectation of professionalism that calls for correct usage. All of us on FJ have not. Errors are okay as long as things are easily understood. 

1 hour ago, Petronella said:

Yes, I think there is evidence that she likely reads here, as you cite ("heresy" etc). But not just because she fixes a mistake.

No, of course not. Using the word 'heresy' pretty much seals the deal for me, though. 

8 hours ago, Petronella said:

Spinster literally just means “unmarried woman” and is the old-fashioned, original equivalent of bachelor. But it’s an archaic word and not really used much at all.

Unlike bachelor, it has a negative connotation from our sexist culture, as if there’s something wrong with her that no one has wanted to marry her. (No female agency taken into account there...)

But even in its negative implication it has nothing to do with WANTING to be married. Technically, any single woman is a spinster in the factual meaning of the word, whether she’s delighted about that or wishing to change that.

It can be used as an insult or self-insult to imply “unwanted” but that is unrelated to what the woman herself wants.

Here's the original post where the word "spinster" was used.  I contend that Severine meant it as an insult, and that couples unable to have children, or unmarried women are never used by the wonderfully blessed married women as the comparison other as they are "less blessed than."

You should never compare your situation to others. If you'll notice though, women will compare themselves to those they feel less blessed than. They never choose an infertile couple or spinster to compare themselves too. The latter would have them thanking God for His mercies and motivate them to act charitably.

Just now, wallysmommy said:

Here's the original post where the word "spinster" was used.  I contend that Severine meant it as an insult, and that couples unable to have children, or unmarried women are never used by the wonderfully blessed married women as they are "less blessed than."

You should never compare your situation to others. If you'll notice though, women will compare themselves to those they feel less blessed than. They never choose an infertile couple or spinster to compare themselves too. The latter would have them thanking God for His mercies and motivate them to act charitably.

Of course she meant it as an insult. I have said, and others have said, that it has an insulting connotation apart from its definition.

I've just been saying that nowhere in either the definition or connotation is the assumption (I guess from Bridget Jones' Diary that others have mentioned?) that the word implies that the woman herself WANTS to get married, though she certainly could want that, and/or the insulter may think she should even if she doesn't.

There's a presumption by the leghumpers that everyone envies what they have.  They couldn't be more wrong.  I think it makes them feel better living in their little box so that they don't become depressed when their lives aren't the perfect world Lori preaches where the husband walks on water, and the kids are angelic, the house is magically cleaned with little effort, and there's $14 a pound butter on the table with just twitch of the nose.

7 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

There's a presumption by the leghumpers that everyone envies what they have.  They couldn't be more wrong.  I think it makes them feel better living in their little box so that they don't become depressed when their lives aren't the perfect world Lori preaches where the husband walks on water, and the kids are angelic, the house is magically cleaned with little effort, and there's $14 a pound butter on the table with just twitch of the nose.

Yes, and if that's not what someone wants, it must be because they have been deceived into wanting OBSCENE WEALTH, MULTIPLE LUXURY CARS, DESIGNER CLOTHES, JEWELS, CRUISES, and, let us not forget, TO BE POWERFUL (and possibly famous) which is the only motive they can fathom for a woman working a job. Those are the only two options: pursuit of power and wealth, or living exactly like them. Living a normal life for your own mix of reasons? Does not compute.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived