IGNORED

Bear Cubs, Coyotes, Pedophiles and Gabe Pearl

debrand

http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/articles/ge ... ng-a-bear/

I found this article by Gabe Pearl(not Anast. They have a son and son-in-law with the same names)

At first, I thought it was going to be an article about hunting. He'd written another article about hunting with his wife.

He starts out by attributing human emotions to animals. This is not uncommon. It's something most of us do, but I was surprised that a self proclaimed woodsman would do this. For example, he says that bears have tempers. Although I am glad that he is cautious about bears, if a person is attacked, it is probably not because the bear has any personal animosity toward the victim. The human probably startled the bear or got too close.

Gabe than describes how he likes killing coyotes.

But I LOVE killing coyotes. They deserve it. They are cowards, picking on the small and weak

He changes subjects and writes about when he was almost molested! The jump in subject startled me.

Apparently, he was allowed to ride his grandparents' mule where ever he wished. He was only 11 but he seems to have had very little supervision. While he was camping(I suppose alone), he met a man.

He spoke well, was clean cut, and was better dressed than the rest of the bunch. He seemed to know my family and talked about my mom. He was definitely a good man. He said there was a nice trail around the lake that we could walk around first thing in the morning, and that we would see lots of snakes or turtles. That was all I needed to know. The next morning at daylight he tapped on my tent. I was up in a second and ready to go. It took about an hour and a half to walk around the lake. We had a great time, but I only saw one snake.

When he returned home, his parents informed him that the man was a pedophile.

I don't buy that the Pearls-who bragged that their house was designed so that their children would not have privacy in their own bedrooms- would let their 11 year old son wander around on a mule by himself.

It wasn’t until a couple of years ago that I pondered back to that time at the mule ride and the gravity of the situation. Was I not his type? I doubt it. I was just a “cubâ€, and he was a seasoned coyote. So why did I go unscathed? It’s pretty clear to me now. It’s because I was a cub, and not a fawn. Sure, the cub might have wandered away from the den for the weekend, but the coyote knew there was not a tree too high, nor water too deep, and no way to outrun the wrath of the bear—my parents. Their reputations were known abroad, and the coyote knew that to mess with this cub was a sure way to lose what he loved most—and I don’t mean his freedom.

Asshole.

The message that he is sending victims is that if their parents had been ferocious or manly enough abusers would remain away

We had a great time, but I only saw one snake.

I was utterly, utterly convinced that this was a deliberate double entendre... and then I remembered who was writing.

(My first thought was "wow, at least he can make jokes about being flashed by a stranger".)

I didn't catch that, but I totally believe it could be intentional, now that you point it out.

Mike Pearl is pretty blunt and crass. I'm not surprised that his son could come up with something like that.

How did the parents know the man was a pedophile?????

Also, yeah, way to blame the victim there...

I should have included this quote:

When I got home, I told my parents how much fun we had riding mules, catching perch, walking around the lake. “Walking around the lake?†they asked. “Yeah, I met this really nice old guy. We walked around the lake. It’s ok, he knows you. His name is so and so.†Their faces turned ash grey. I knew it was serious. They said he was a pedophile from way back. Other kids had charged him, but nothing had ever stuck, and they had not seen him in years

I think that he is lying. The Pearls wouldn't let their children have five minutes to change their clothes for fear that the kids would do something to harm their purity. Yet, they are going to let an 11 year old boy spend a night alone in the woods?

His parents have written a book on how to protect your kids from sexual abuse so I think that his story ties into their new book.

I didn't catch that, but I totally believe it could be intentional, now that you point it out.

Mike Pearl is pretty blunt and crass. I'm not surprised that his son could come up with something like that.

It's possible that he means 'snake' in the sense of 'untrustworthy person', I suppose...

So, Gabe's parents didn't bother asking who else was going to be on the camping trip??? Wow, for such paranoid people, they sure don't ask very good questions, do they? I'm not in favor of sheltering kids, but I wouldn't let an 11 year old ride off on his mule to a camping trip without asking some questions first!!

The Pearls are such a weird mix of the crazy.

(eta to fix a riffle)

Is Gabe Pearl related to Michael Pearl? :evil:

Gabe Pearl is Michael Pearl's son. I think that he is their oldest son but Rebekah is the oldest child. Rebekah married a man named, Gabe also.

Archived