IGNORED

The Big Sauce Thread

ophelia

Dear beehive,

we are planning this year's christmas menu and came up with the idea to make a marple glazed pork tenderloin. As side dishes there will be a variety of beautiful and tasty veggies: potatos, sweet potato casserole, broccoli and cauliflower casserole, green beans with bacon, honey glazed carrots and turnips and so on.

Unfortunately we are still lacking a sauce or even better a few sauces. Sauces is a big thing in my family and we all like it way too much.

So does anybody have any recommendation what kind of sauce(s) might be fitting for our menue? We are all grown ups and noone is pregnant so can bring up the boozy stuff, too!

Thanks a lot. 

So - my mother made these sausage and stuffing balls with craisins in them (baked) - easy party food recipe, and they had this dipping sauce - which I thought was incredibly good- and incredibly easy.  I like the tart sweet tang with salty things - and it was easy to add this as a sweet sauce option - especially if you are doing multiple sauces. And we always feel compelled to make cranberry sauce with thanksgiving - so it's a good use of leftovers.

Cranberry Dipping Sauce Recipe

Ingredients:

1 can whole berry cranberry sauce (or 1 1/2 cups leftover cranberry sauce) 

1/4 cup orange juice 

pinch of Kosher salt 

Directions:

Combine cranberry sauce, orange juice and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. 

Stir until thinned out a bit and completely combined.

That's it.

Archived