• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
seraaa

Josh Harris announces "I kissed dating goodbye" is to be discontinued

JermajestyDuggar

I have a magnetic felt board. I know you’re all jealous ;)

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

Petronella
15 hours ago, Hane said:

@thoughtful, we had felt boards in first grade back in the Pleistocene (though not in religious ed—I was an Ebil Catholic). I remember it because the teacher cut out a felt apostrophe so I could form the plural of my name.

Do you mean possessive? Because apostrophes don’t make plurals.

danvillebelle
16 hours ago, refugee said:

When we were homeschooling in the 90s and 00s, I remember a vendor at the curriculum fair who sold flannelgraphs. Not just bible stories, either. Dinosaurs. Mammals. Ocean life. Anatomy (picture flannel organs and  skeletal parts, maybe muscle groups?, that you’d stick to a flannel body outline).

The pieces came printed on a large piece of flannel, so the buyer had to cut out the pieces before using the set.

::::raises hand::::: I bought one of those for my boys when they were wee ones.  At the homeschool convention, no less.

My only enduring memory is a sore right hand from carefully cutting out ALL. THOSE. ANIMALS.  

Waffle Time
Hane
8 hours ago, Petronella said:

Do you mean possessive? Because apostrophes don’t make plurals.

OMG, @Petronella! I did indeed mean “possessive”! One of the things I hate the MOST in the world is the misuse of apostrophes to form plurals! I have punctuation OCD, so I humbly apologize to one and all!

On 8/10/2019 at 4:13 PM, formergothardite said:

Here is the ridiculous I'm in the Lord's Army  song for those who didn't grow up singing this. 

Reveal hidden contents

If I were a butterfly.

Reveal hidden contents

That dopey “Lord’s Army” song gave me a flashback to the early ‘80s! A coworker started singing it to show us the “cute” thing her daughter learned in Sunday school, but sang it so badly I had no idea it was sung to the tune of “The Old Gray Mare”!

TheWayTheWorldWorks

My daughter havd two flat tin boxes that when closed were about 8 inches square and about 1/2 deep. When opened, there were two scenes inside that she could arrange Dora magnets in the scenes. She also had a Disney princess version. Those things kept her busy for hours of her childhood!

onemama
On 8/11/2019 at 9:51 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

All this reminds me of a recent user of flannelgraph. :pb_wink:

Hide contents

20190811_134602.thumb.jpg.89ae2e60a048e1d713cf65b6ebb5a883.jpg

She's one of the regular characters in the video series "What's in the Bible?". It's made by one of the creators of VeggieTales; my kids got volumes 1 and 2 as presents. 

Upon watching that series, my daughter declared that I look just like her...