IGNORED

Frazer Family: Fundies in Quebec

albireo

8 hours ago, Flyinthesoup said:

The blog started in 2009, and Jennifer left Sherbrooke in 2009.  After Sops2 and I posted information, back on page 5 of this thread, Jennifer changed some of her personal information, so it appears she is aware of her information on here.  Everything matched up and she looks so much like Sarah.  It's possible that maybe there was tension in the family and as Jennifer has grown, perhaps they are working on reconciling differences?  Do you know how old David is?  I think Jennifer might be born around 1987. She also looks young for her age and she has a lovely smile. 

The Frazers were married in 1980 so I imagine David was born in 81 or 82. 

• Upvote 1

If she is a daughter, it’s really shorty of themto not include her in anything over the past decade. Fundie families can be the biggest assholes when it comes a family member leaving the group think.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Frazers were married in 1980 so I imagine David was born in 81 or 82. 

I knew the parents were married in 1980.  I had looked through the entire blog, last time, and I think I concluded there was a gap between David and Nathanael. I might be off on that time frame. I was able to figure out ages, but I didn't keep the information, and I don't want to spend that much time re-reading the blog and searching! :D  It was definitely a possibility that she fit into the family birth order.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

I knew the parents were married in 1980.  I had looked through the entire blog, last time, and I think I concluded there was a gap between David and Nathanael. I might be off on that time frame. I was able to figure out ages, but I didn't keep the information, and I don't want to spend that much time re-reading the blog and searching! :D  It was definitely a possibility that she fit into the family birth order.

I think Elizabeth is second born. So it would probably be a gap between Elizabeth and Nathaniel. 

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If she is a daughter, it’s really shorty of themto not include her in anything over the past decade. Fundie families can be the biggest assholes when it comes a family member leaving the group think.

There is always the possibility that she requested to not be mentioned and they are honouring her wishes.  I know we often think it's the other way around, but I would like to give the benefit of the doubt to the parents.  I think the fact she was in a family photo at the last wedding tells me they were not hiding her.  She may have reasons to want to be 'alone'.  Also, it was mentioned on page 4 that she was listed as the sister in law on Nat-Samantha's FB page.

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Elizabeth is second born. So it would probably be a gap between Elizabeth and Nathaniel. 

Based on her schooling information, I would agree with you.  If the parents didn't start out having children right away, there could be the customary 2 year gap at the beginning of the marriage that was often the case in that time period.  Given that Jennifer was in school with a uniform on, I am going to guess that perhaps homeschooling didn't start right away and some of these lifestyle choices have evolved along the way.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Flyinthesoup said:

Based on her schooling information, I would agree with you.  If the parents didn't start out having children right away, there could be the customary 2 year gap at the beginning of the marriage that was often the case in that time period.  Given that Jennifer was in school with a uniform on, I am going to guess that perhaps homeschooling didn't start right away and some of these lifestyle choices have evolved along the way.  

Lifestyle choices slowly evolved by the Biblical Patriarchy movement (1970s on) and its off-shoots and then passed on to converts and followers.

We don't know when the Frazer parents were Fundified but, especially as they are Canadian, they were possibly not converted into Gothardism until well after they were married in 1980.  The older children may not have been born into Fundyism and could easily have gone to regular schools as children.

Remember that although the Christian Homeschooling Movement started in the 1980s with just a few people, it didn't really take off until the mid 1990s.  Same with the Quiverfull Movement, which didn't really catch on until 1985, with the publication of Mary Pride's book The Way Home: Beyond Feminism, Back to Reality.  The Biblical Patriarchs like Gothard loved that!  Also the Courtship Movement was not widespread even among really extreme Fundamentalists until the mid-late 1990s. 

Nice 1980s dress and prettier veil on the latest bride.  I like the blue for the bridesmaids.

• I Agree 1

That mud pond looks absolutely disgusting, especially to be submerged in it, and I generally love to swim outdoors in sea and lakes and ponds.

• Thank You 1

I think her dress was lovely, puffy sleeves and all.  I much prefer it to her sisters dress and veil. Her veil was light and pretty.  I don't dislike the tierra itself but I don't like how it was placed on her head given how her hair was styled.  I think it could have been placed further back and had the sides more hidden within her hair.  She looks very happy as does he (and he's quite handsome to boot).

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 12:18 PM, fundiefollower said:

I think her dress was lovely, puffy sleeves and all.  I much prefer it to her sisters dress and veil. Her veil was light and pretty.  I don't dislike the tierra itself but I don't like how it was placed on her head given how her hair was styled.  I think it could have been placed further back and had the sides more hidden within her hair.  She looks very happy as does he (and he's quite handsome to boot).

Thank you for this! I actually liked her dress as well. It was a breath of fresh air and very bridal. I just wonder how Elizabeth feels. It looks like her family was more willing to put more into Sarah's wedding compared to hers. The wedding looks like it was held in the same nursing home, but everything was "higher quality" to me for Sarah's compared to Elizabeth's. 

• Upvote 1

Paper plates and cutlery too, same type of wedding food, but I think Sarah's wedding looks better because of the colours she chose. The blue bridesmaids dresses, the flowers, the table decorations, the balloons all look brighter and more of a wedding celebration than the dull brown and yellow that Elizabeth chose. The wedding had more of a "party " look to it, especially when the couple left in a car full of balloons, with hearts on the car windows. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 12/21/2019 at 12:05 AM, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I just wonder how Elizabeth feels. It looks like her family was more willing to put more into Sarah's wedding compared to hers. The wedding looks like it was held in the same nursing home, but everything was "higher quality" to me for Sarah's compared to Elizabeth's. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if they had the same budget but Elizabeth had to pay for part or all of her green card application which google tells me is $1,760. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

Elizabeth looked pretty dang happy. I don't think trappings are the big focus for this clan.

• Upvote 2

I think they are both happy with their grooms and have different tastes in style. Likely because of the age difference. I would guess there’s a good 15 years difference between the sisters. It would be interesting to get married the same year as your sister who is 15 years younger. 

• Upvote 3