IGNORED

Could they be Fundie?

dawn9476

Actor Doug Hutchison has wed his 16-year-old girlfriend.

The Green Mile actor, 51, married aspiring country singer Courtney Alexis Stodden in Las Vegas last month.

In a statement released to E! News, the couple says, "We're aware that our vast age difference is extremely controversial. But we're very much in love and want to get the message out there that true love can be ageless."

Hutchison has also starred in popular hit U.S. TV shows Lost and The X-Files.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni11939453/

After getting over the feeling of wanting to puke, my next thought was that they were fundie.

Ewwww... also, where are her parents, and why was a 51 year old man dating a 15/16 year old girl?? MAJOR squick...

And I wonder, would the love have been as strong if he weren't an actor? :-P

Going on the photo's of her which come up when you google image search her name, I would say an emphatic No!

Going on the photo's of her which come up when you google image search her name, I would say an emphatic No!

Yeah. I just saw that photo, too. She looks a lot older than 16, too. I wonder if they are lying about her age?

I am sure it is true love. after sex they going to talk about what happened in highschool and he takes his geratal?

Wow, really? I remember him from Lost. I don't know if it's a fundie thing, more like a pedophile thing.

Eh.

It's a little strange, but whatever. Most couples with normal age differences don't last anyway, who knows. Maybe it'll work for them. Mazal tov.

I'm definitely going with 36. In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that she lied about her age and is much older than reported. I mean look at this picture. There is no way she's 16.

42211800.jpg

She kind of looks like she's had work done.

But seriously, my mom would never ever ever ever let this sort of thing happen. Where are her parents?!

Isn't that illegal?

Even if her parents did have to give consent, someone should have given them a psychological evaluation to prove their competence.

I have no qualms about vast age differences when between two adults.

This is just wrong.

He's so creepy. And if she's 16 I'm 39. And I know I'm not 39. Scary shit.

... huh?

First of all, ITA that she doesn't look 16, or even 26, but more like 36. I really don't believe she's 16, but why would they say she is if she isn't? Who would want that kind of publicity? I mean, I could see Charlie Sheen pulling something like this, but this dude is barely famous. Why would he want to be known for this, of all things? Does not compute.

I'm definitely going with 36. In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if it came out that she lied about her age and is much older than reported. I mean look at this picture. There is no way she's 16.

42211800.jpg

I agree with this. I'm in my 30s and people at my work agree that this woman looks older than I do.

I dunno. I think if you took off all the make-up, smooshed down the hair, and put her in a t-shirt and jeans she might look 16.....maybe.

I dunno. I think if you took off all the make-up, smooshed down the hair, and put her in a t-shirt and jeans she might look 16.....maybe.

I don't think she would. Unless she's had copious amounts of plastic surgery, her face has an angular look that women don't acquire until they are in their late twenties or thirties.

I think she looks 16. I looked like that at 16. Some people just physically mature much faster than others. We've all heard of "late bloomers" but some of us are early bloomers too. Also keep in mind that any photo posted in magazine is heavily "retouched".

I just think it's sad that she'll probably end up as a very young widow, and also that she has to see that guy naked.

If she's 16 then I'm 40.

(Hint: I'm not 40.)

EDIT: I'm aware that some people mature earlier than others- I looked older when I was 16, but not that much older (at 16 I could pass for maybe 20-21). But in the photos that pop up when you Google this girl, she looks so much older, with the kind of jowly face that most people don't get until their late twenties at the earliest. Of course there will always be statistical outliers, but she either spent a bank on plastic surgery to make her look older (that worked way too well), or she's lying about her age.

I can't think of a single decision that I made at 16 that I still stand behind. Not even my choice to take photography instead of Auto Shop for my grade 11 fine art requirement.

Archived