IGNORED

Jews who reject Jesus are only hurting themselves

TheJewAmongUs

So, some background...

A blog in Lina's Blogroll (crazyjewishconvert.blogspot.com) had a post warning that Lina is not a convert, but a Messianic Jew.

In response, this girl posted this video: youtube.com/watch?v=G9v-yxIeyZg

(And here's her blog: thenicolefactor.blogspot.com)

After watching her video (and the one where she sings, haha) and reading this post: thenicolefactor.blogspot.com/2011/10/antimissionaries-get-more-vile-every.html

I commented on her blog saying that, as a Jew I am aware that Jesus was Jewish, however I will never accept him as the messiah. I told her it is offensive to pretend you want to practice Judaism to get into a congregation, only to turn around and start preaching about Jesus is offensive. Also, I let her know that my choosing to practice the religion of Jesus and not the religion about him is not a threat to her.

Well, the comment wasn't posted, but then she responded with this post: thenicolefactor.blogspot.com/2011/10/roustabout-with-antimissionaries-which.html

I personally have to remind myself that when fellow Jews reject Jesus, they are only hurting themselves and helping-- not hurting-- the supposedly-dreadful missionaries.

Uh, ok.

By the way, I love how the Antimissionaries are so presumptuous and arrogant as to speak to a Kosice Rusnak (which I am) and a cousin of Vilgelm Andrulevich (see JewishGen.org and Ancestry.com), and the granddaughter of a former IRS agent and cousin of an aspiring fashion designer like that.

Yea, whatever...

I really wish these fundies would read and study their Bibles instead of just thumping them. I'm pretty sure G*d created at least 3 religions, which are documented in said Bible:

Judaism (sorry if I misspell it)

Islam (that would be the one founded by the handmaiden's baby, the one that Sarah threw out after she wanted him conceived)

Christianity

I figure G*d wanted more than one way for us to be saved. More than one covenant, therefore. But, I really don't think he wants us to mix and match like some of the old-testament Christians do.

I really wish these fundies would read and study their Bibles instead of just thumping them. I'm pretty sure G*d created at least 3 religions, which are documented in said Bible:

Judaism (sorry if I misspell it)

Islam (that would be the one founded by the handmaiden's baby, the one that Sarah threw out after she wanted him conceived)

Christianity

I figure G*d wanted more than one way for us to be saved. More than one covenant, therefore. But, I really don't think he wants us to mix and match like some of the old-testament Christians do.

God has a sense of humor or else he would have made thing clearer for those he/she chose to give less than average intelligence. I like to think that she/he is sitting up on a cloud reading FJ laughing at how his/her little game of "telephone" has turned into such a mess!

HUH WHAT? She thinks she has special status because one of her grandparents worked for the IRS and her cousin is an aspiring fashion designer? Either I'm missing something, or this one brings the crazy to a degree that would astound even the most hardened FJer.

HUH WHAT? She thinks she has special status because one of her grandparents worked for the IRS and her cousin is an aspiring fashion designer? Either I'm missing something, or this one brings the crazy to a degree that would astound even the most hardened FJer.

Same here... what the hell is that about? we have to defer to her because some people - not her - in her family had good jobs... does she even know the commenter's family jobs??

By the way, I love how the Antimissionaries are so presumptuous and arrogant as to speak to a Kosice Rusnak (which I am) and a cousin of Vilgelm Andrulevich (see JewishGen.org and Ancestry.com), and the granddaughter of a former IRS agent and cousin of an aspiring fashion designer like that.

I did look this up on Ancestry.com, as well as Wikipedia. I'm not sure why I, a 2nd cousin 1x removed of Lyndon B. Johnson's former helicopter pilot (just found this out, couldn't resist) should care that she is related to speakers of a lesser-known Slavic language and a man who appears to only be known for voting in the Duma elections in 1906--as cited by UrbanDictionary.com.

Guest Anonymous

I'm torn on this one. I posted a thread earlier, but I took it down because I am unsure how/how much she is affected by her CP. She also seems to be really depressed and perhaps suicidal.

Sounds like ancestral snobbery

Guest Anonymous

Sounds like ancestral snobbery

People like this worship the long-deceased so they won't be in any condition to deny knowing them.

I'm torn on this one. I posted a thread earlier, but I took it down because I am unsure how/how much she is affected by her CP. She also seems to be really depressed and perhaps suicidal.

Hmm. I haven't gone to her blog, so I didn't realize that she has CP (cerebral palsy, right?) and is depressed. Even so, it's odd (to say the least) to claim that you're something special because your cousin is an aspiring fashion designer.

I'm with you. I'm not trying to tell anyone else what to do/think, but this person seems deeply troubled at least, and possibly affected by disability. I will let her have a pass.

Guest Anonymous
Hmm. I haven't gone to her blog, so I didn't realize that she has CP (cerebral palsy, right?) and is depressed. Even so, it's odd (to say the least) to claim that you're something special because your cousin is an aspiring fashion designer.

The blog is straight up awful and she says terrible things. I wholeheartedly disagree with her but I come down on the side of not snarking in this particular instance.

I'm not going to attempt to handslap people who see it differently, though.

I did look this up on Ancestry.com, as well as Wikipedia. I'm not sure why I, a 2nd cousin 1x removed of Lyndon B. Johnson's former helicopter pilot (just found this out, couldn't resist) should care that she is related to speakers of a lesser-known Slavic language and a man who appears to only be known for voting in the Duma elections in 1906--as cited by UrbanDictionary.com.

I just saw who wrote that entry on Urban Dictionary. :lol:

I guess she is Jewish on her father's side? She seems to have no understanding of Jewish culture, just based on her writings. Does she know that she is.not.Jewish?

Good catch, defrauding. Though if I was making up a definition for my family's name, I would BS my way into making it sound more impressive.

I also came across Nicole via You're not Crazy and her blog's so incoherent even for fundie standards that I wondered if she didn't suffer from some mental illness. If she has CP on the top...

CP does affect the brain and behaviour. As I said in Lissar's thread, my ex-boyfriend had mild CP. But I left out the part about how he was an evil bastard, CP or no CP. So I'm really torn about the snarking thing... :?

I will say that this girl's strange. And according to Ancestry.ca, I'm Charlemagne's (ten times) great-grandaughter, so I win the ancestor wars! Bwahahahahahahahaha! Bow to me, peasants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

:mrgreen: :lol:

Maybe it varies. My older brother has it and he is sane and intelligent. I have always heard that it was a myth that they were retarded or mentally affected, but I heard it mainly from him and from people who treated him for related stuff.

My cousin has a CP and due a difficult birth he had a lack of oxygen that damaged the brain. That said, I have a lecturer in the university who has CP and while he is brilliantly intelligent, he has problems with social skills. My fellow student with CP only has a minor physical problems.

I think that sometimes mental and physical problems are not really connected but an unlucky combination.

Maybe it varies. My older brother has it and he is sane and intelligent. I have always heard that it was a myth that they were retarded or mentally affected, but I heard it mainly from him and from people who treated him for related stuff.

I have a friend who has it who is sane (though don't tell him I said that XD) and intelligent too. He does seem to have major self-esteem issues related to his definite physical handicap, but mentally there's nothing wrong. From what I understand, it can affect in many different ways.

I'm...not getting the IRS thing. Can a kindly American explain?

The thing is that Revenue employment is, um, not something to boast about to the general public. I completely respect Revenue employees, have been one myself and know and am related to a number of Revenue agents, as you would call them in US. It is a vital task but a thankless one.

But normally when we get asked..."Um, I'm just a bureaucrat, y'know, shuffling papers around" It is not like we run about telling everyone. Bit of a conversation killer ;)

What am I missing?

Maybe it's a thinly veiled threat; "Don't piss me off or I'll get my relative to audit you."

On the CP issue, I think it's a very broad diagnosis in some ways and the symptomology relates to the areas of the brain that have been damaged. It's all a bit of a lottery.

I'm...not getting the IRS thing. Can a kindly American explain?

The thing is that Revenue employment is, um, not something to boast about to the general public. I completely respect Revenue employees, have been one myself and know and am related to a number of Revenue agents, as you would call them in US. It is a vital task but a thankless one.

But normally when we get asked..."Um, I'm just a bureaucrat, y'know, shuffling papers around" It is not like we run about telling everyone. Bit of a conversation killer ;)

What am I missing?

It isn't anything to boast about here, either, so you aren't missing anything.

Clearly, this blogger has some form of mental illness. I wasn't aware before that CP could also manifest in mental or emotional problems.

Archived