IGNORED

Jews who reject Jesus are only hurting themselves

TheJewAmongUs

I'll make no judgements other than bewilderment, but my dad was a pallbearer at Lee Harvey Oswalds' funeral. (No one wanted to, so the papers made the cub reporters do it to get the story.) As interesting as that may be, it doesn't make me any more special than the next yeahoo.

I'm...not getting the IRS thing. Can a kindly American explain?

The thing is that Revenue employment is, um, not something to boast about to the general public. I completely respect Revenue employees, have been one myself and know and am related to a number of Revenue agents, as you would call them in US. It is a vital task but a thankless one.

But normally when we get asked..."Um, I'm just a bureaucrat, y'know, shuffling papers around" It is not like we run about telling everyone. Bit of a conversation killer ;)

What am I missing?

That this is a seriously disturbed girl (for whatever reason CP or no CP, but still seriously, seriously disturbed to the point that I do feel bad snarking on her) with delusions of grander and trying to make sense of what she is saying isn't exactly a useful way to spend your time.

My grandfather was a real life Soviet era spy, but you don't see me insinuating that someone should treat me differently because of it. He would have been the LAST person to tolerate that mentality from any of his kids or grandkids.

That this is a seriously disturbed girl (for whatever reason CP or no CP, but still seriously, seriously disturbed to the point that I do feel bad snarking on her) with delusions of grander and trying to make sense of what she is saying isn't exactly a useful way to spend your time.

Very good point.

ETA: Evil ex was certainly intelligent (except socially). Can't say as he was sane, though. Sociopath, I think.

Well, my grandfather was a surgeon, and I know an IRS lawyer and an FBI agent. Ohhh, and a Cousin who works for the CDC and another who works for a Congressman or some such thing. So, is my opinion more valid than hers? Ohhh, plus, I less than two degrees separated from a HUGE chunk of Hollywood.

Was just reading a Lewis Black book, he dedicates a whole chapter to "Jews for Jesus".

It isn't anything to boast about here, either, so you aren't missing anything.

Clearly, this blogger has some form of mental illness. I wasn't aware before that CP could also manifest in mental or emotional problems.

Ah, so she is just not right in the head. That makes sense.

Normally if you tell people you work for the Revenue they start edging away from you. It would be the last thing I'd brag about in public. It is good some people are proud of government jobs, though. :)

I have a relative with CP, he's highly intelligent.

I think her point (such as it is) about the IRS agent is a bigoted reference to the fact that people used to believe that Jewish people had an edge over others in terms of business acumen... so she's trying to imply that she has Jewish ancestry, I think. In the real world, it is probably just as rude as saying white men cant jump

Archived