IGNORED

Maxwell 18: Creating at Least One Mini-Steve

Coconut Flan

14 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Because Anna, er, sings; and plays some kind of instrument. Whereas Sarah doesn’t sing and tended to lurk upstage, holding a guitar and looking uncomfortable. Gotta keep the band together!

The Maxwell children perform in "what some may call a band."  I'm curious as to how many of their music CDs have sold.  After listening to the clips that were posted on their website, I'm guessing not a whole lot.

To be fair, I'd rather hear Led Zeppelin.

8 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

Can we find Sarah a man just so she can stop taking pics of her and her coffee? I just don’t get having to hold up your coffee in selfies. 

It's just to show that her drink of choice isn't Pepsi.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

Can we find Sarah a man just so she can stop taking pics of her and her coffee? I just don’t get having to hold up your coffee in selfies. 

But if Sarah doesn't document her coffee consumption then how can we know that she drinks coffee? And how she takes it? And how it's presented?

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I thought that before I had kids. LOL. One of my children is a total pigpen. Messes and dirt cling to him like a magnet. I could bathe him and change his clothing every time we leave the house but I won't. That's way too much extra work just so stranger's won't think poorly of me. I keep his hands and face washed but I can't make any guarantees about anything else. 

Was going to say the same thing.  I have two little girls.  The oldest was always neat as a toddler, hair done etc.  She’s an older child now and her hair seems to always look in disarray despite brushing it.  She’s sort of a tomboy and plays hard and doesn’t usually like too much fuss. 

The little one is a toddler now and doesn’t have as much hair as the older one, so “doing hair” wasn’t as practical. (Not as much to put up).  Her hair is also not very even for reasons I won’t get into.  As a toddler she is very opinionated and sometimes wants hair done and sometimes outright refuses, and it’s a battle I don’t have the effort to pick  

I’m reading comments here thinking “omg, my kids would get lots of comments on not looking super groomed and smiling in every picture”. 

I can’t fault the kids for sometimes not smiling. My kids - it’s a tossup if they are willing to take a photo.  Sometimes one of them will be very happy until the phone comes out and refuses to smile or even look at the camera.

17 minutes ago, purjolok84 said:

But if Sarah doesn't document her coffee consumption then how can we know that she drinks coffee? And how she takes it? And how it's presented?

I’m sure there’s a spreadsheet with all that info.  You should ask on their blog.  It would be an exciting new blog post to pair with the leftover series. 

I was going to suggest a coffee series, but knowing them, it’s mostly the same every time. Maybe she’d try a dark roast instead of medium sometime.  That right there would be Maxwell blog gold. 

I already found a man for her that I think would make a really good personality match. John David. But if it hasn't happened by now, it never will. 

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I already found a man for her that I think would make a really good personality match. John David. But if it hasn't happened by now, it never will. 

I think Sarah is probably a bit too old for JD (from his perspective). I could see him with Anna, though. Doesn’t David Waller have an older brother or two who are still single in their 30s? I could see one of them being a good match for Sarah. 

If the only places we were allowed to go were to Lands End or to get coffee, that's what we'd be taking pictures of too.  It's all she has.  They didn't even want her to go to the conference because she's too old to be single.  It can't be anything else because she didn't take care of kids in the past.  Anna and Mary did it.  Coffee is one of the few joys she has in life.  That girl has got to be depressed, because it's depressing just to read about her life. 

7 hours ago, snowfootwaltz said:

I know the Maxwells eschew a ton of hobbies due to cost and frivolity. It seems to me that Sarah spends an awful lot of $$ on coffee shop beverages. Is it okay for her because she is female and not expected to buy a house debt-free? But what makes a thrice-weekly mocha different than a thrice-weekly Pepsi?

I think this is a good question; coffee is more a member of this family than Arnold and Ella, given the number of photos and mentions it gets. I wonder why Steve hasn't yet declared it to be an idol like Teri's Pepsi.

12 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Embarrassing but true. The dust imbalanced the fan. Yes, I realized that this would not be a problem in Maxhell.  

How sluttish of you! :pb_mrgreen:

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think Sarah is probably a bit too old for JD (from his perspective). I could see him with Anna, though. Doesn’t David Waller have an older brother or two who are still single in their 30s? I could see one of them being a good match for Sarah. 

David has 2 brothers and 3 sisters unmarried. But I think his brothers are in their 20s. So still younger than Sarah. I think David may actually have a Sarah Maxwell type sister. I think she's around 30 and still single. 

23 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

The ATI Gotthard set are going to be too Fast,certainly not Godly enough for a Maxwell.All getting together for retreats, conferences, Camps, ETC  is for people who need people and the Maxwells aren’t joiners, refuse to be. I suspect once Steve is gone try will gradually join the the Usual fundie circles and the Grandmax girls will actually get a chance  to meet mates but the older ones are lost. 

21 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

If the only places we were allowed to go were to Lands End or to get coffee, that's what we'd be taking pictures of too.  It's all she has.  They didn't even want her to go to the conference because she's too old to be single.  It can't be anything else because she didn't take care of kids in the past.  Anna and Mary did it.  Coffee is one of the few joys she has in life.  That girl has got to be depressed, because it's depressing just to read about her life. 

I really wish they would let her at least attend a fundie college. If she's not going to get married and have a bunch of kids, at least let her enjoy a little "education."

3 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

The ATI Gotthard set are going to be too Fast,certainly not Godly enough for a Maxwell.All getting together for retreats, conferences, Camps, ETC  is for people who need people and the Maxwells aren’t joiners, refuse to be. I suspect once Steve is gone try will gradually join the the Usual fundie circles and the Grandmax girls will actually get a chance  to meet mates but the older ones are lost. 

The girls were allowed to attend the Bontrager family conference last fall and they were allowed to go to the Bible Bee. I was hoping Anna or Mary had met someone there but we haven't seen any hints so I'm losing hope on that front. 

It’s not just attending. How is Sarah Maxwell going to compete against younger, more outgoing Duggar or Bates type girls?  And many of these families have know each other for years, grew up in the organization and going to the same outings like Journey  or Big Sandy.  I bet if she had time Sarah could get an older widower I give you that. 

1 hour ago, OhNoNike said:

I’m sure there’s a spreadsheet with all that info.  You should ask on their blog.  It would be an exciting new blog post to pair with the leftover series. 

I was going to suggest a coffee series, but knowing them, it’s mostly the same every time. Maybe she’d try a dark roast instead of medium sometime.  That right there would be Maxwell blog gold. 

I wouldn't bother asking; somehow your request will be translated into a badly edited blog post concerning Sarah discovering that you can recycle and reuse coffee grounds. No more trips out to the fancy coffee store for 'research' when Sarah can take photos of Anna and the kids scattering wet coffee grounds on the porch to dry, and of Mary making a semi-fresh cup with lots of yummy cinnamon sugar. Don't eat too much Buddy!

1 hour ago, scoutsadie said:

I think this is a good question; coffee is more a member of this family than Arnold and Ella, given the number of photos and mentions it gets. I wonder why Steve hasn't yet declared it to be an idol like Teri's Pepsi.

Don’t give him any more ideas to further make everyone more miserable. Coffee is probably the only enjoyable vice they get to have especially since they all have to get up before the sun comes up. Steve probably drinks it, so therefore it’s okay. 

The dust in Maxhell may not imbalance the fan, but the constant dusting might bend the blades and imbalance it that way. Best to lay off the dusting until it really needs it, LOL~

4 hours ago, Granwych said:

The Maxwell children perform in "what some may call a band."  I'm curious as to how many of their music CDs have sold.  After listening to the clips that were posted on their website, I'm guessing not a whole lot.

My new best friend.

2 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

The dust in Maxhell may not imbalance the fan, but the constant dusting might bend the blades and imbalance it that way. Best to lay off the dusting until it really needs it, LOL~

I totally agree. Until the damn thing is so weighted down as to render it incompatible with sleep, I feel it is advisable to leave well enough alone. I happily did so for quite some time, obviously.  I can also vouch for the fact that dusting of ceiling fans can actually be fraught with danger.  Especially if one conducts said cleaning while attempting to balance on a soft bed, after a few glasses of wine. Definitely best to just leave things be as long as possible. 

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

It’s not just attending. How is Sarah Maxwell going to compete against younger, more outgoing Duggar or Bates type girls?  And many of these families have know each other for years, grew up in the organization and going to the same outings like Journey  or Big Sandy.  I bet if she had time Sarah could get an older widower I give you that. 

I keep saying she could find a guy with a string of kids already..[she's the India Wilkes of the ATI/IBLP/QF set.  I mean who'd marry a woman who could only add 10, maybe 12, arrows to his quiver--tops? A young thing could go for the full 19 :output_eeMbjt:

12 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

It's an idol... bwahahaahah   [we need a Pepsi emoticon]

4 hours ago, Granwych said:

My new best friend.

Don't forget Anna's Bowed Psalter lessons. No there's a hip-chick instrument. :martinismiley:

14 hours ago, Fascinated said:

I have a little story.  Oh my god, the page redrew and I hit save by mistake. I shall soldier on.

Our ceiling fan blades were scraping like crazy and we were unable to fix it via normal methods such as shoving them up and hoping for the best. So, my husband decided to get up there and add some weights to balance things. I said, ok, great, just let me dust it a bit first.  Haha. After removing the dust, the fan was no longer imbalanced and was in workable condition.  Embarrassing but true. The dust imbalanced the fan. Yes, I realized that this would not be a problem in Maxhell.  

You need to buy a copy of Managers of Their Homes right now. You are a disgrace to Jesus. And Mary. And Steve.

Thank you, I will definitely purchase the manual at some point in the future and fervently pray that it will improve my domestic skills.  I am chagrined, to say the least. I hope my reputation here is not sullied beyond repair. I promise to work on myself, but right now I’m heading out with my husband to have lunch at the beach.  It might even be ‘fun’. Oh, dear. 

Sarah's most fertile days are through. Even if she married tomorrow, she wouldn't have more than 7 kids before menopause. And actually it is likely shewould have maybe 4 or 5. Most fundies don't get pregnant and have many successful pregnancies in their 40s. Most of their pregnancies are conceived in their 20s and 30s. Even Michelle and Kelly didn't conceive many successful pregnancies in their 40s. 

My theory for the coffee dependence is they get up by 5 every morning.  Even on what some might call a vacation they stay on Central time and get up as early as 2 am to go on their Baatan death marches aka hikes.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think David may actually have a Sarah Maxwell type sister. I think she's around 30 and still single. 

Makes Sarah look absolutely middle-aged.

2 hours ago, purjolok84 said:

Mary making a semi-fresh cup with lots of yummy cinnamon sugar

Or cayenne pepper.  Now, that's hot coffee!

2 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Don’t give him any more ideas to further make everyone more miserable. Coffee is probably the only enjoyable vice they get to have especially since they all have to get up before the sun comes up. Steve probably drinks it, so therefore it’s okay. 

As much as they talk about who likes their coffee how, I don't recall Steve being discussed, so I guess I was assuming he doesn't drink it.  But you're probably right; it's okay because he likes it. 

50 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

My theory for the coffee dependence is they get up by 5 every morning.  Even on what some might call a vacation they stay on Central time and get up as early as 2 am to go on their Baatan death marches aka hikes.

Seriously?! They stay on central time?!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived