IGNORED

United States Congress of Fail - Part 4

Coconut Flan

Fuck Ryan. Congress needs to be 'cleansed'.

Ryan calls for a 'cleanse' of the FBI

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Tuesday threw his support behind releasing a controversial memo that purports to detail FBI surveillance activity, saying it will “cleanse” the organization, Fox News reported.

“Let it all out, get it all out there. Cleanse the organization,” Ryan said, according to Fox. “I think we should disclose all this stuff. It’s the best disinfectant. Accountability, transparency — for the sake of the reputation of our institutions,” he added.

Ryan reportedly made the remarks at a largely off-the-record session with anchors and reporters ahead of President Trump's State of the Union address on Tuesday night. Ryan went on the record to address the release of the House Intelligence Committee memo.

Still, the Speaker urged Republican lawmakers during a Tuesday morning meeting not to overstate the facts in the memo, and not to use the document's contents to try to undermine special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

The GOP-crafted classified memo is believed to contain allegations that federal investigators abused a surveillance program to monitor the Trump campaign. Several conservative lawmakers have claimed the memo will illustrate political bias within the FBI.

The House Intelligence Committee voted Monday night along party lines to release the memo, despite concerns from Justice Department officials that doing so could endanger intelligence sources.

Ryan on Tuesday morning also defended Rod Rosenstein, saying the deputy attorney general is doing “fine job” and should not be fired.

“Rod Rosenstein was hired after this last election. I think the people at the FBI, at the [Justice Department] need to clean their own house if there are problems in their own house,” he said.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@fraurosena -- Ryan is such an SOB. He wouldn't know accountability or transparency if they bit him in the ass. Fuck him.

10 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

@fraurosena -- Ryan is such an SOB. He wouldn't know accountability or transparency if they bit him in the ass. Fuck him.

Yes, and by that GOP elephant, please. After that, we'll let the donkey have a go. 

My dad loved watching those nature shows on television. We liked watching with him, because it beat the shit out of The Lawrence Welk show which was our other Sunday evening, parental bonding choice.

Not to be gross, but I've seen elephants going at it. There wouldn't be much left for the donkey...

(sorry... I'll see myself out now...:pb_razz:)

My daughter is too young, but my nieces and nephew are of age. So E,N and M: I'm looking right at you. And D, this will be your first election and I'm watching you as well. VOTE. (oh and E and M...vote Blue. It will piss off your dad (my brother).

My oldest will be able to vote this November. She's as "blue" as they come, so no worries there! She has also been a news junkie since she was 10 so she'll be able to figure things out on her own. We live in a super-blue area/state, but she will be going to school in another state that is not so blue, so she has to make a decision about where she'll register (or is even legally able to register now that I think about it.) Anybody know offhand what the rules are?

A train carrying our hard-working GOP congressmen and maybe women, traveling to a retreat in WV, why, I don't know, has hit a truck. Relax, apparently no one on the train is dead although I think Lyin was on there and said there are some minor injuries.

So, yes, a train carrying GOP Congressfolk to a retreat in WV hit a truck driven by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

15 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

A train carrying our hard-working GOP congressmen and maybe women, traveling to a retreat in WV, why, I don't know, has hit a truck. Relax, apparently no one on the train is dead although I think Lyin was on there and said there are some minor injuries.

So, yes, a train carrying GOP Congressfolk to a retreat in WV hit a truck driven by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Yeah the train hit a garbage truck.

A chartered train carrying dozens of GOP lawmakers to a Republican retreat in West Virginia struck a garbage truck south of Charlottesville, Virginia on Wednesday, lawmakers said.

No lawmakers were believed injured in the accident.

"We're fine, but our train hit a garbage truck. Members with medical training are assisting the drivers of the truck," Rep. Greg Walden, R-Ore., wrote on Twitter.

Oklahoma GOP Rep. Tom Cole says a person on the truck may have been seriously injured..

I really hope the driver of the truck is OK or heals up fast if he or she is injured.

Otherwise, this is the height of irony.

16 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

I know you are joking, but the Fox News crowd on Twitter has already decided that a conspiracy against the GOP is the cause of the accident. 

3 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I know you are joking, but the Fox News crowd on Twitter has already decided that a conspiracy against the GOP is the cause of the accident. 

Of course they have. I just wanted to beat them to the punch. Oh, that garbage company that owns the truck, it used to pick up Mueller's trash AND the Democratic governor of Virginia had it re-routed today. Uh-huh, that's right.

29 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

Of course they have. I just wanted to beat them to the punch. Oh, that garbage company that owns the truck, it used to pick up Mueller's trash AND the Democratic governor of Virginia had it re-routed today. Uh-huh, that's right.

If you can get Qanon do a vague post about your conspiracy, you could have thousands of Branch Trumpvidians furiously buzzing about it by suppertime.

For the uninitiated on Qanon/The Storm, this article from December will help:

According to Q, Trump was never really involved with Russia, and isn’t actually under investigation by Mueller & Co. On the contrary, Q insists that it’s actually Clinton and Obama who were corrupted by Putin (and are now actually under investigation by Mueller) because they’re obviously just evil, money-hungry globalists who’ll do anything for the highest bidder. (Oh, yeah, and they’re also apparently into raping and killing children, though the crowd is split over whether this is because they’re satanists or just part of some weird blackmail scheme involving the CIA.) Q also claims that Trump, the genius that he is, figured all of this out way back when he was just a measly presidential candidate, and has been pretending to love Putin and/or be involved with Russia ever since as a way to force a third party to investigate these horrors — without drawing the attention of those evil Dems-who-must-not-be-named, of course — because he’s just that selfless of a leader.

In this fantasy world, all of the far right’s wildest dreams come true: Q promises that Clinton, Obama, Podesta, Abedin, and even McCain are all either arrested and wearing secret police-issued ankle monitors, or just about to be indicted; that the Steele dossier is a total fabrication personally paid for by Clinton and Obama; and that the Las Vegas massacre was most definitely an inside job connected to the Saudi-Clinton cabal.

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/12/qanon-4chan-the-storm-conspiracy-explained.html#comments

4 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Trey Gowdy is not running for re-election! The only other information is that he's going back to "the judicial system". My fear is that Agent Orange will try to appoint him to SCOTUS.

Wow. How many have bailed out now? It would be next to impossible to replace him with a Dem, I think his district is upstate. Reminds me, I need to go over to the Governor thread to tell you about the dumbass thing my governor has done.

In reference to the train vs. truck wreck, it is being reported that there is one fatality. I am assuming it is someone who was on the truck. Some of the train passengers were transported to the hospital. They were en route to the Greenbriar, a very expensive resort. Pencey and Dumpy are both scheduled to speak.

6 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Trey Gowdy is not running for re-election! The only other information is that he's going back to "the judicial system". My fear is that Agent Orange will try to appoint him to SCOTUS.

I saw some Trump fans suggesting that Trump replace Jeff Sessions with Gowdy.

12 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

That would fit with the old comparison: would we rather be shot or stabbed?

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Gowdy replacing Sessions is not even that far-fetched a thought. Or he's going to replace Rod Rosenstein, which would be even more devastating. We all know they're gearing up to fire Rosenstein soon. That's what the Nunes memo is all about. And then Wanna-be-Draco and Sessions will start firing every non-trumpist in the FBI. The so-called 'cleansing' Ryan was referring to.

Gowdy wouldn't blink before firing Rosenstein and Mueller.

Just now, GreyhoundFan said:

Gowdy wouldn't blink before firing Rosenstein and Mueller.

The only thing is, there haven't been any mumblings and grumblings, twitterverse or otherwise, about Sessions lately. Replacing Sessions would be rather 'out of the blue'. If it happens, I wonder what pretext they'll come up with about why Sessions is stepping down? 

2 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

The only thing is, there haven't been any mumblings and grumblings, twitterverse or otherwise, about Sessions lately. Replacing Sessions would be rather 'out of the blue'. If it happens, I wonder what pretext they'll come up with about why Sessions is stepping down? 

The BTs would say that it's God's will that laid it on Sessions' heart to step down.

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

My personal conspiracy theory is that he'll step down, then be appointed to the Supreme Court when Ruth Bader Gingsburg has an "accident" or "decides to retire".

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

My personal conspiracy theory is that he'll step down, then be appointed to the Supreme Court when Ruth Bader Gingsburg has an "accident" or "decides to retire".

Yeah, except he's too old. Remember their thing now is to only let young people into these lifetime judge positions. They want to extend their legacy even if Democrats take over Congress and the Presidency. This is one of the very frightening things they are doing in the shadows while Dump distracts us all.

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Hey, @Cartmann99, was this what you saw?

I saw some people on Twitter talking about it under a Fox News tweet about the train carrying the GOP members that got hit by a Trump dump truck. There wasn't a link to this Facebook page, and I didn't check their timelines, so I can't say for sure if they were trolls or just Fox News fans who got the message from the trolls.

47 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

Yeah, except he's too old. Remember their thing now is to only let young people into these lifetime judge positions.

So, one of the young blondes on Fox News? Stephen Miller? 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived