IGNORED

I want to tell stories

Denonner

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

Giving snark back isn’t being c—ty. It’s a promotional response and one I thought was hilarious on both sides. Welcome @Denonner . Snark away. 

I agree. However when it is on a personal level I think it is a bit different than giving snark back. People on here have read about her family for years and have allegedly said things that were untrue and or hurtful. Instead of asking about said information people said things like "yeah people tend to get mad when we get it right". That is way different than just a simple "bless your heart". 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 5
  • Downvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, dawbs said:

yes, we should all leave burnt offerings at the alter of all pet fundies who offer information.

I mean, clearly Cabinetman, KISA, and this poster must all be groveled in front of as a way of eliciting information.  :my_dodgy:

There is clearly a difference between groveling and being rude. Another difference is she is no longer fundie and wasn't coming here to correct anyone, just to answer questions people might have. 

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 6

30 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

However, it seemed as if some posters were being pretty hostile towards her by mocking the way she talks/type

Some posters I'm assuming you mean me and @Palimpsest?  Who mocked the way she talked/typed? I got the impression she didn't want to talk about her family so that is probably why people didn't ask questions about what we might have gotten wrong. 

And cunty? Really? 

Anyway, it sounds like @Denonner will fit in great here and I hope she stays. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 2

When you start posting on FJ it's best to come armed knowing most of the board culture.  I  found the responses to the questions a bit snarky and my thinking is, don't dish it out if you can't take it.  

We're all grownups here.  Except me, I'm only 13.

(Just kidding) 

Edited by Carol
  • Upvote 13

Anyway, it sounds like [mention=23520]Denonner[/mention] will fit in great here and I hope she stays. 

This. I didn’t follow the family and had to ask other helpmeets who she is, but what I have seen I like and I hope she stays.
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Just now, formergothardite said:

Some posters I'm assuming you mean me and @Palimpsest?  Who mocked the way she talked/typed? 

And cunty? Really? 

Anyway, it sounds like @Denonner will fit in great here and I hope she stays. 

Yes. When asked if the people in charge read the snark on them and she said something like "honey, this is a gossip site of course narcissists are going to read the stuff wrote about them here" To which Palimpsest replied "Honey.  This is not a gossip site but a website to expose fundamentalism. " It seemed like a mockery to me on top of the other things I have mentioned previously. And yes I felt it came across as cunty. Like you , I don't like to sugar coat things. But I do agree with you I hope she stays as well. 

• Move Along 1
  • Downvote 21

REMINDER: this is a forum for adults only. No members under 18 are allowed. 

Edited by choralcrusader8613
mod box
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

47 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I wasn't actually trying to be mean, if I was I would have been a lot meaner. I guess I should have explained myself better. Despite silliness, we do have really good debates and discussions here. Deanna had been snarky in some of her posts so I didn't think I needed to coat everything in sugar for her. 

Indeed fellas. I can get offended for my own self thanks lol. And also I wouldn't be posting on a snarking forum if I was afraid of snark. 

Tbh, if y'all pissed me off I would just leave lol. I don't do long internet arguments 

• Upvote 34
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 8

I probably sound ridiculous but to me this is THE biggest fundie to stop by FJ.  I'm ridiculously excited by the utter weirdness she's already shared (DPIAT making children hide when he's not dressed to the nines?  Whackadoodle.).  And I never even followed LIAS in its heyday!!!

Edited by acheronbeach
Now ex fundie that is
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, crazysnark said:

I did not plan on calling anyone personally but formergothardite and palimpset. 

First, welcome back Deanna. Thanks for stopping by to talk some shit with us :content:.  

Second, @crazysnark Deanna is an adult who came here of her own volition, knowing what kind of forum we are. I am quite sure based on her responses she's capable of holding her own here.

She is answering questions she wants and ignoring ones she feels inappropriate just as she said she would in her OP.  Based on the answers I've read so far she has a firm grasp on snark and the tone of FJ.  She appears to be fitting in just fine.  No one has been rude to her up to the point I have read.

once again, thanks for humoring us 

I do have one question which you are free to ignore, of course.  Could you tell us something that we got wrong about your mom\family from back in the VF days?

Thanks!

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Hey, @crazysnark, thanks for completely derailing the thread. Seemed like everyone was having a good time and getting along quite well, but thank God that's over now.

I asked a question and then responded to others when they questioned me in a cordial way. I don't see how I didn't get along with others, stopped the good time, or derailed a thread too much. But you're welcome I guess. 

• Move Along 13
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 2

19 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Wow - we're approaching the fourth anniversary of Tool-O-Ween. It hardly seems possible; time flies when you're having fun. In honor of same, here's one of my favorite LOL Dougs. Enjoy this blast from the past...

eeewwww lol 

guys, I used to have the biggest crush on the bowman kid. Thanks for ruining it forever.

Edited by December
removed quoted image
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 20
  • Love 1

What was your take on the Phillips kids who are close to your age?

Were they elitist? Entitled? Did they have a good education and work ethic? How do you think they'll fare now that VF has fallen?

How do you think the Bradrick divorce has affected the community? Are people sympathetic with Kelly?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Curious said:

First, welcome back Deanna. Thanks for stopping by to talk some shit with us :content:.  

Second, @crazysnark Deanna is an adult who came here of her own volition, knowing what kind of forum we are. I am quite sure based on her responses she's capable of holding her own here.

She is answering questions she wants and ignoring ones she feels inappropriate just as she said she would in her OP.  Based on the answers I've read so far she has a firm grasp on snark and the tone of FJ.  She appears to be fitting in just fine.  No one has been rude to her up to the point I have read.

I am not here to defend here I just felt people were being unusually rude and was just wondering why. 

• Move Along 10
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Curious said:

once again, thanks for humoring us 

I do have one question which you are free to ignore, of course.  Could you tell us something that we got wrong about your mom\family from back in the VF days?

Thanks!

The chicken poop deck. The chickens were encouraged to keep their nasty little hineys off of the deck and scrubbing it was on the chore list. 

Also, the shelves. I know y'all didn't like the look of them, but us kids were extremely proud of them. They were navy sized bunks, the same size that grown men sleep in, had a 6 inch thick memory foam mattress, and it was the first time most of us had our own beds, but y'all just pissed all over them, acting like there was something wrong with our beds when there were plenty of other things to talk about. At least that's how it came across to us, the kids you were talking about.

Also, taking one of the kid rooms and turning it into a library. I did most of the manual labor of setting up the bookshelves in there, we were all excited to only have one floor to clean up in terms of cleaning our rooms, and it was a library, a quiet corner to read in. We love books. It was special to us, and y'all were just talking about it like there was something wrong with it, when we were really proud of it.

10 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

What was your take on the Phillips kids who are close to your age?

Were they elitist? Entitled? Did they have a good education and work ethic? How do you think they'll fare now that VF has fallen?

How do you think the Bradrick divorce has affected the community? Are people sympathetic with Kelly?

Not the kids, they were always nice, and Joshua seemed like he genuinely enjoyed hanging out with us. Some of them seemed a little disconnected but a lot of the time they would come work in the warehouse during the busy season and hang out.

I don't even know. I only heard that it happened recently and I am honestly just horrified. 

• Upvote 24
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, Denonner said:

Turns out, the guys I thought were buttholes, actually are buttholes. I'm not crazy, whaddya know.

I love that one.  It has to be affirming to realize you were on the right track after all.  

• Upvote 21
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Denonner said:

Honey. This is a gossip board that talks about narcissists. Everyone read it, some just to laugh, some to get indignant. 

OK, I thought this was hilarious and thank you, Denonner, for joining us! 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, Denonner said:

The chicken poop deck. The chickens were encouraged to keep their nasty little hineys off of the deck and scrubbing it was on the chore list. 

Also, the shelves. I know y'all didn't like the look of them, but us kids were extremely proud of them. They were navy sized bunks, the same size that grown men sleep in, had a 6 inch thick memory foam mattress, and it was the first time most of us had our own beds, but y'all just pissed all over them, acting like there was something wrong with our beds when there were plenty of other things to talk about. At least that's how it came across to us, the kids you were talking about.

Also, taking one of the kid rooms and turning it into a library. I did most of the manual labor of setting up the bookshelves in there, we were all excited to only have one floor to clean up in terms of cleaning our rooms, and it was a library, a quiet corner to read in. We love books. It was special to us, and y'all were just talking about it like there was something wrong with it, when we were really proud of it.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.  May I ask if you kids read here at the time and if so the general age range of those who read?

I didn't follow your family super close, but I am aware of the bed stuff.  I can see how it would be upsetting to you kids, especially if it was the first time you had individual beds.

People can definitely get carried away here.  We've tried to curb some of the more outrageous stuff, since a few places have taken to quoting us (with or without proper research)

I think it's safe to assume we mostly don't really think about kids reading here while still living at home given the strictness most of them portray.  It's something to think about.

• I hope you do stick around and join in threads.  You seem to have a good sense of humor and ability to snark with the best of them :my_smile:
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

@Denonner I'm really curious, do you know other people in your generation who have had similar experiences leaving fundamentalism and realizing that they weren't wrong/bad after all? Are you in touch with any of them, or do you know how well they tend to adapt to the "outside" world? I'm interested in your insider's opinion as to how many kids raised in this system tend to stay in it vs. leave.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Curious said:

Thanks for taking the time to answer.  May I ask if you kids read here at the time and if so the general age range of those who read?

I didn't follow your family super close, but I am aware of the bed stuff.  I can see how it would be upsetting to you kids, especially if it was the first time you had individual beds.

People can definitely get carried away here.  We've tried to curb some of the more outrageous stuff, since a few places have taken to quoting us (with or without proper research)

I think it's safe to assume we mostly don't really think about kids reading here while still living at home given the strictness most of them portray.  It's something to think about.

• I hope you do stick around and join in threads.  You seem to have a good sense of humor and ability to snark with the best of them :my_smile:

For sure, and my parents were not super strict about internet use. They had strict rules, but didn't always enforce them, so anyone who could read at the time. And this was before any of us had smartphones, so a lot of the time we were reading over each other's shoulders. 

We were all aware of you, but only as these strangers who talked shit about us because apparently thats what you did for fun. 

I'm not going to lie though, the first time y'all posted about me I felt so special and important. Especially because y'all said you couldn't figure me out, and that was exactly what I wanted lol

• Upvote 30
  • Haha 13
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

@Denonner, I don't have any questions. I'm another member who isn't really that familiar with VF families; I'm still learning. I just wanted to say thanks for answering questions and ignoring ones you'd rather not talk about. I can't really imagine a thread with people asking me as many questions as you've been asked. Thanks for sticking around!

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
gol durned punctuation
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 4

9 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

@Denonner I'm really curious, do you know other people in your generation who have had similar experiences leaving fundamentalism and realizing that they weren't wrong/bad after all? Are you in touch with any of them, or do you know how well they tend to adapt to the "outside" world? I'm interested in your insider's opinion as to how many kids raised in this system tend to stay in it vs. leave.

I can say I know of a few. I haven't heard of any who've had trouble adapting, but it's too early to generalize.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

I want to give a compliment, Deanna. I had a friend who knew nothing of FJ or VF or any of it send me a link to your parents' blog once saying that they seemed like a really nice family with happy kids, and she liked reading it. She liked reading about your family's life; it made her feel happy.

And also, thanks for answering questions. I have many about Doug and his gross empire, but none that can't be answered by you having to hide because he's wearing a t-shirt and nobody can see him like that. That, along with everything else about him, is bonkers-weird.

Edited: My friend really liked your beds. She thought they were awesome; it's why she sent the blog to me in the first place.

Edited by VodouDoll
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 2