IGNORED

Trump 24: Fiddling, er, Tweeting While Rome Burns

Destiny

12 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm having to take more frequent breaks from the Trump horror show in order to maintain my sanity, but I'm hanging in here. I'm having weeks where my perception of time is totally whacked. I swear sometimes that Trump's early week bullshit, and late week bullshit, couldn't have possibly happened within the same seven day period. :pb_sad:

Yeah.  I know what you mean.  Sometimes I just can't deal with it all.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised one bit, @GrumpyGran, not one little bit.

Oh, and as per usual, he's preening with other people's feathers (as the Dutch saying goes) once again:

4 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

A pic of when early in the presidency (he still was he golden sil) he flew in Syria (iirc) to play the general/great diplomat/veep/anything he actually wasn't. It was ridiculous and sad. Sorry I meant SAD!

Probably about the time that "bringing peace to the Middle East" was added to his portfolio.  He wore perfect preppy casual for visiting a war zone: chinos, loafers, a blue dress shirt and a navy blazer --  the perfect upper class twit. 

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I wouldn't be surprised one bit, @GrumpyGran, not one little bit.

Oh, and as per usual, he's preening with other people's feathers (as the Dutch saying goes) once again:

Good lord, will he be telling us next week that he's going to allow the sun to come up? Is there no end to his need to claim ownership of every forward action? "I've made the trains move and the planes fly. No president has ever done that before!"

2 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

BTW, where is the orange menace today? Bedminster golfing or at a rally for himself, raising money for Lil' Jared's defense fund?

I was curious myself, so, if this is accurate, he's, shockingly, golfing today:

https://factba.se/topic/calendar

He's also tweeting. But that's no surprise either. 

Yep. Because Russian meddling in the election is less egregious than the MSM calling you out on it.

Bwhaahahahaha.... yeah, right! 

Scoop: Trump pledges to personally pay some legal bills of WH staff and associates

Spoiler

President Trump has promised to spend at least $430,000 of his own money to defray legal costs incurred by campaign associates and White House staff due to the Russia investigations, a White House official tells Axios.

What we know: The Republican National Committee has paid roughly $430,000 to lawyers representing the president and his eldest son, Don Jr. A White House official told me Trump will not be reimbursing the RNC for these costs. However, the White House official says he has pledged to spend the same amount, from his personal finances, "to defray the costs of legal fees for his associates, including former and current White House aides."

To understand the details of the RNC's payments for Trump and his son's lawyers, read this WashPost report — the substance of which the RNC confirmed to Axios.

What we don't know: The president and his legal team haven't announced the mechanism to make these payments. The arrangement raises a number of questions, none of which the White House official answered:

• Is the plan to put this money into a general legal defense fund that all of the president's associates could request access to, or will the money be disbursed directly to attorneys?
  • $430,000 is a relatively small amount, given the ballooning legal fees of Trump's associates who are under the most intense investigation. Will Trump's legal fund pay the bills of associates with the most expensive legal fees, including Michael Flynn and Paul Manafort?
  • Who decides which of the president's associates get the money and when they get it?
  • What are the president's intentions regarding future legal bills for the first family? Will the RNC keep paying them?
  • Why isn't the president reimbursing the RNC in addition to partially defraying his associates' costs?

Bottom line: TBD on everything. The official said: "We're working on appropriate legal and ethical approval" — and said the president hasn't ruled out spending more of his own money on these legal fees. It's also unclear what the president will do in the future as he and the first family continue to rack up legal bills.

Update: I'm told there's no chance Trump will pay Flynn's legal bills. A source close to Flynn told me that the former National Security Adviser will not accept contributions to his legal defense fund from President Trump or the Trump campaign. Nor will he accept funds from the RNC.

Gulp. Just swallowed my laughter there. I suddenly remembered that Jared and Ivanka are members of the WH staff. So he just might pay up, after all.

I think we are due for a new thread soon.  May I request that we ensure that the tag, "fuck this guy" be carried over to the next thread.  It pleases me every time I catch sight of it.

I'm saving the making of a new thread for a treat for my next break from this horrible horrible project that I'm only doing because I'm incredibly desperate for money, and I know looking at my potential titles list will make me happy, but I guarantee you fuck this guy will be making an appearance  <3.

Can't underuse my favourite word. That would be awful. :-P

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

He's also tweeting. But that's no surprise either. 

Yep. Because Russian meddling in the election is less egregious than the MSM calling you out on it.

I have to quit reading these twitter feeds of his. Some of that shit the Russian trolls come up with is horrifying!

2 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

I have to quit reading these twitter feeds of his. Some of that shit the Russian trolls come up with is horrifying!

To be honest, they just make me laugh. Because it's either that, or weep. And I'd rather laugh. :lol:

38 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I'm saving the making of a new thread for a treat for my next break from this horrible horrible project that I'm only doing because I'm incredibly desperate for money, and I know looking at my potential titles list will make me happy, but I guarantee you fuck this guy will be making an appearance  <3.

Can't underuse my favourite word. That would be awful. :-P

@Destiny, the project you are working on must be a huge mental drain on you. I see three places in just the last two sentences where you could have used your favorite word and didn't.

Hurry up and finish this awful project before it renders you fuck-free for life!  :kitty-wink:

9 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

@Destiny, the project you are working on must be a huge mental drain on you. I see three places in just the last two sentences where you could have used your favorite word and didn't.

It's about tax accounting internationally. Please, kill me now, because I can't take this anymore. You know it's bad when I forget to even say fuck! Fuck my life.

Continue here:

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived