IGNORED

The Miller Family: The Rolling Pertussis-Mobile

JermajestyDuggar

On 9/18/2017 at 5:31 PM, older than allosaurs said:

Argh. One of my daughters had a bad reaction to her first pertussis shot as a baby. A few people are very allergic to that vaccine. So the next two rounds she just got DT instead of DPT. When she was in nursing school they were practicing giving each other shots and she decided to try a pertussis booster--off to the ER she went with an anaphylactic reaction, and they said the treatment she got probably negated the vaccine as well as keeping her alive.

Fast-forward a few years and she gets whooping cough, is sick for two months, probably exposes some vulnerable people at work before she had a diagnosis. This is a high anti-vax area, with a combination of fundies and high-anxiety healthy-living millennial types. I am furious at every one of them for not helping protect the people who truly can't tolerate the vaccine.

I'm one of those people who was hospitalized as a baby for the DTP vaccine (I stopped breathing for stints and then ended up on a holter monitor for like a month after being released from the hospital) and was thus forbidden to get the rest of the pertussis series, also having to get the baby DT shots. 

The scariest part for my parents is that we then moved to a country where pertussis is endemic (my dad was a diplomat and had been reassigned) with a four month old baby who wasn't vaccinated against it, though people being transferred to the country regularly hand-carried preventative meds for me on the government's dime just in case. Everything else I could safely be vaccinated for and possibly be exposed to I've gotten the shots for though.

I appreciate your comment about your daughter's experience with the booster. I've contemplated trying it, given the current resurgence of pertussis (!!!!), but have been very leery. I had to track down a provider who could give me the TD vaccine when I had to get my last tetanus shot, and it was difficult, since they'd recently started pushing the TDaP booster. I definitely don't want to get hospitalized from the vaccine, which is a serious concern for me, but NOR do I want pertussis. That's what makes this flood of non-vaccination by people who COULD safely get the vaccine so enraging. Vaccinate your kids AND yourself, darnit!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

Big dustup on Paul's page about who can out-Jesus each other by "celebrating"(Paul's quotation marks) Halloween.  Some give out tracts and candy, some give out tracts only, some give tracts to those who answer their doors to give out candy and some won't touch Halloween with a 10 foot pole.  

But they all prayed about it.  And it's all in the Bible.  Everyone said so.  :2wankers:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Carol said:

Big dustup on Paul's page about who can out-Jesus each other by "celebrating"(Paul's quotation marks) Halloween.  Some give out tracts and candy, some give out tracts only, some give tracts to those who answer their doors to give out candy and some won't touch Halloween with a 10 foot pole.  

But they all prayed about it.  And it's all in the Bible.  Everyone said so.  :2wankers:

I've found that the Millers and their Facebook friends are all a bunch of sanctimonious assholes. It really is a cesspool over there. 

• Upvote 8

Poor baby :my_sad: Vaccination issues aside, Quiverfull families are often not sanitary in some ways due to the chattel like conditions of care the kids get most of the time. It sounds like a lot of family members had it, I would not be surprised if lack of hand washing/santitizing and kids being allowed to put their mouths on/eat off of dirty surfaces (the things I've seen in my day of fundie families). It's not so much that sanitization is not a priority, but the parents cannot properly watch them all. I feel like a family that is using essential oils only to treat the child probably does not use hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes on their doorknobs, carseats, etc. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Carol said:

Holy shit, that thread really has everything. Swinging parties, weed smoking, Pharisee accusations being flung about wildly from all directions... Halloween sure gets these people riled up!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm just waiting for the update where he says, "the cleanses and gluten free diet didn't work. I'm now in the ER with life threatening complications." Because that's exactly what they did to their sick newborn. 

I could live with that outcome... maybe he'd actually learn something.

Oh who am I kidding, he'll learn nothing.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Poor baby :my_sad: Vaccination issues aside, Quiverfull families are often not sanitary in some ways due to the chattel like conditions of care the kids get most of the time. It sounds like a lot of family members had it, I would not be surprised if lack of hand washing/santitizing and kids being allowed to put their mouths on/eat off of dirty surfaces (the things I've seen in my day of fundie families). It's not so much that sanitization is not a priority, but the parents cannot properly watch them all. I feel like a family that is using essential oils only to treat the child probably does not use hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes on their doorknobs, carseats, etc. 

Hand sanitizer is the devil to most of these anti vaxxers. And they were traveling in an RV. Squashing over a dozen people in an RV will result in the spread of any virus very quickly. They are now in a home thankfully. And this may mean they are much more sanitary. 

4 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

Holy shit, that thread really has everything. Swinging parties, weed smoking, Pharisee accusations being flung about wildly from all directions... Halloween sure gets these people riled up!

I literally laughed out loud so hard when swingers were brought up. Halloween gets fundies all worked up. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

On October 12, 2017 at 9:46 PM, RosyDaisy said:

The only essential oil that I can tell that actually works is tea tree oil. I mix a few drops in a bottle of witch hazel. Best astringent and face toner! The rest make me sneeze.

Why do people who pay taxes against using public assistance when they need it? I don't get it.

I used to use rosemary EO to help with my migraines but now, the only EO's I can tolerate are peppermint, lavender and tea tree, and only in very small amounts.  I have told I should atomize some EO's for my asthma.  And that is one way to kill an asthmatic.

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Paul is having gall bladder attacks. He's always just drank apple cider vinegar but it didn't work this time (shocking) and he was throwing up. Of course he got lots of mixed advice. His mother in particular is begging him to go to the doctor. While his moronic Facebook friends are recommending gluten free diets, cleanses, and over the counter supplements. I'm just waiting for the update where he says, "the cleanses and gluten free diet didn't work. I'm now in the ER with life threatening complications." Because that's exactly what they did to their sick newborn. 

He's a bloody moron.  Apple cider vinegar might work for kidney stones but gall stones are totally different animal.   He messes around to much, he'll end up like me:  In the hospital with acute pancreatitis, not being able to eat or drink, in serious pain and waiting until it's safe to perform surgery.  I was in the hospital for 7 days, and in 2004, my total bill was over $120,000.  I had health insurance that covered all but $500.  (FTR: about 1 month before I got so sick, I had a negative u/s for gall stones.)

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, CelticGoddess said:

e's a bloody moron.  Apple cider vinegar might work for kidney stones but gall stones are totally different animal.   He messes around to much, he'll end up like me:  In the hospital with acute pancreatitis, not being able to eat or drink, in serious pain and waiting until it's safe to perform surgery.  I was in the hospital for 7 days, and in 2004, my total bill was over $120,000.  I had health insurance that covered all but $500.  (FTR: about 1 month before I got so sick, I had a negative u/s for gall stones.)

I had mine removed as a child. Not much helped me avoid attacks. I had tons of gall stones. I think the doctors had never seen a child with so many gallstones. 

• Upvote 2

My family has been on the gluten free train most of my life due to my siblings being Celiac (and no I am not!), and I definitely limit the grains I eat because I am somewhat sensitive to gluten and corn myself. I remember about the time when I had had to be strictly gluten/grain and dairy free for a time due to some major digestive issues, it was about 6-7 years ago when every Millennial and their mom went gluten-free crazy just because. I had been close to lifestyle for years, and was baffled at how people thought their health would magically improve by removing one thing they are not even allergic too. These same people still ate refined sugar, drank a ton of beer, consumed lots of cheese and factory-farm milk, etc. Being gluten free would not break up gall stones. The apple cider vinegar thing is just a  supposedly simple remedy to help your body digest fats a bit better, which I could see in turn aiding the gallbladder perhaps? It is definitely not a cure for anything. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, CelticGoddess said:

He's a bloody moron.  Apple cider vinegar might work for kidney stones but gall stones are totally different animal.  

Is he even certain it's gall stones? I mean has anyone with any actual medical qualifications diagnosed it or has he gotten a list of symptoms off the internet and "sounds about right". I mean personally I think he should get it looked at and treated by someone qualified but hey, if he believes God wants him to die in agony from (for example) a ruptured peptic ulcer then who are we to argue. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Is he even certain it's gall stones? I mean has anyone with any actual medical qualifications diagnosed it or has he gotten a list of symptoms off the internet and "sounds about right". I mean personally I think he should get it looked at and treated by someone qualified but hey, if he believes God wants him to die in agony from (for example) a ruptured peptic ulcer then who are we to argue. 

It's actually a very easy way to diagnose. It's just an ultrasound. And it doesn't take long at all! He's an idiot. 

• Upvote 5

Unless the Lord's idea of restoration for me was chronic diarrhea, that was not happening in my case. 

• Upvote 5

Notice that his mother has weighed in, more than once, begging him to get serious.

Linda Pestke Miller Well son get your butt to the ER....orders from your mother. The longer you wait the worse it gets babe...please go..i love you

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Our organs are like the body of Christ because he had the same organs.

Does this mean it's ok to have a hysterectomy then?  :pb_lol:

• Haha 13

12 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Mandatory, I would think, once you've punched out the requisite godly blessings.

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I'm going to go with yes. Jesus didn't have a uterus, that's why women are so yucky and can't have rights. I think if you don't have a uterus or ovaries you can vote and get a job. Not sure. I'll have to check.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

I pity anyone who thinks this way and has appendicitis. :wtsf:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

No update on the gallbladder attack.  Maybe all those flushes and other recommended stuff did the trick?  :irony:

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

Well, Paul apparently lived through his gall bladder attack by drinking 3 gallons of hard cider (which he mistakenly purchased thinking it was apple cider for his cleanse) and was hospitalized with alcohol poisoning.  In hospital he had another gall bladder attack so they've removed that and his liver.  He needs your prayers and a job.  And medical insurance.

Satan made me write that.

But, seriously, he's on overdrive on his FB page having made multiple posts over the last couple of days.  I guess that's what you do when you spend days on the toilet after the cleanse.  He's ranting about atheists, guns in church and transgendered politicians and WHAT THE FUCK HAS HAPPENED TO OUR NATION????

Oh, and he wants a world history book that only covers the last 6000 years.  Anything else is just lies.

• Haha 17

Sounds like he's just copying the Activist Mommy. TAM is blaming atheism as to the motive of the Texas shooter. And she went after the friendly atheist and got her ass handed to her. Paul really needs to come up with his own crazy ideas. 

• Upvote 4

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/woman-says-roy-moore-initiated-sexual-encounter-when-she-was-14-he-was-32/2017/11/09/1f495878-c293-11e7-afe9-4f60b5a6c4a0_story.html?utm_term=.4fca4843e0e0

Paul Miller, your hero, Roy Moore, is a sexual deviant.  The story has been confirmed by this girl's mother and several other people she told at the time.  Other teen girls are coming forward now to say he either dated or, wanted to date them in their mid-teens when he was in his early 30's.

If Roy Moore gets elected after this becoming public, it clarifies the depths to which christian fundamentalists will go to get one of their own elected.

Edited by Carol
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 5

Why is it that for some predators, like Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey, things change quickly (Spacey got dropped from an upcoming movie, Weinstein is no longer in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences)?  But in politics, sometimes things change quickly, like for Anthony Weiner, but for others, like Trump, they're ignored or even accepted?  Why should what Weiner did be considered worse than what Trump did?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3