IGNORED

The true free woman - Kelly @ GC

Effie

Blog-post: I Want to Be an Excellent Wife When I Grow Up :doh: - September 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Proverbs 31 is a must-study for any woman serious about her God and her Christianity. Period.
Well, isn't it foolish to base "how-to-live-your-life" on one verse only - in this case the proverbs 31?

“The heart of her husband trusts in her…She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.†I want to do him good, to be a “crown†and not “rottenness†to him.
Crown? He is the king and you decorate his head? I mean... is that something to strive for? To be his accessory? :shock:

She spends her time on things that will benefit her household. She is industrious and busy. But in all of that, she is “a woman who fears the Lordâ€. And you can be sure she did not neglect, amid the busyness of life, the training and instruction of her children in the things of the Lord. Let us look to her, the true, free woman.

The true, free woman? What makes her more true than a woman leading another life? Are there both untrue and true women? :?

If she can't choose how to live her own life, without following a book dictating it for her, I would not say she is free. Well that's just me and my opinion.

It all depends on what type of man you talking about. Sure, some men may want a doormat, but others want an intelligent, self-reliant woman with strong opinions and an engaging personality. There's a reason my husband fell in love with me and it sure wasn't my looks. I'm sure he could have snagged a much more attractive woman. He fell in love with who I am as a person. I'm bold, opinionated, intelligent, stubborn, hard working, and independent. If I suddenly became quiet and meek and not able to make a decision on my own, we'd probably end up divorced.

I'm not quite sure why Kelly thinks people who live a life style different than her own are less than. What works for one couple doesn't work for another. Why can't people just let others live their own lives and keep their big fat noses to themselves?

I hate how they cherrypick from Proverbs 31. The Proverbs 31 woman kicks ass. She takes care of her family and runs several businesses outside the home. She makes decisions without her husband. To me, that verse says: good wives don't stay locked up in their home, they get out there and take care of business! Get shit done! Have a freaking life outside of your family, but also make sure your family is loved and cared for. How fundies can use that verse to justify anything they do is beyond me.

She makes stuff about about the Proverbs 31 lady.

Kelly says she has flexible work that she can put down when she needs to. Where does it say that? Was there flex-time back then? No, Scripture says she ran several businesses. I am sure if a buyer wanted to look at a field, she let supper go and took him to that field.

Kelly says that all the money the Proverbs lady went was spent on the betterment of her family. Well, maybe that's true, or maybe she spent it on a good massage and some fine wine during an evening out with the girls.

Kelly makes me want to barf. And I don't get blog posters who use extended quotes from other sources as the body of many blog posts.

Guest Anonymous
I hate how they cherrypick from Proverbs 31. The Proverbs 31 woman kicks ass. She takes care of her family and runs several businesses outside the home. She makes decisions without her husband. To me, that verse says: good wives don't stay locked up in their home, they get out there and take care of business! Get shit done! Have a freaking life outside of your family, but also make sure your family is loved and cared for. How fundies can use that verse to justify anything they do is beyond me.

And the Proverbs 31 woman also left her husband free to hang out with his buddies at the city gate, knowing that his wife had his back at home.

Archived