IGNORED

State Houses Thread

47of74

How repulsive:

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 7

One of the Dems expelled from the TN house by Rethuglikans because he stood with TN students demanding gun control. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

One of the Dems expelled from the TN house by Rethuglikans because he stood with TN students demanding gun control. 

Wait, this is why the expulsion vote?! What the utter hell, that is not a justification for expulsion, it's a political expression of a differing opinion. I am appalled to be honest - legislators are supposed to be able to stand with constituents (legally and without breaking laws). Did the students break into the chamber (J6)? Bring firearms in to threaten legislators (was that Missouri?)? What on earth.

On 2/8/2023 at 2:39 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

You know I would support this just to see some people's heads explode. Even better if parental testing was included.

On 2/14/2023 at 6:28 AM, 47of74 said:

Sigh

It would be a shame if that had to happen because of how it would affect others who want to reach their legislator - especially people who don't have the time or money to travel to connect with their legislator.

Keep the zoom meetings, have a statement at the start that there will be zero tolerance for any offensive symbols with no warning given, and one language warning given - and then have a ban hammer ready and operational. Also 3 minute limit for each speaker, also enforced.

On 3/2/2023 at 2:16 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

Oh, for fuck’s sake:

image.png.6cdf4b9b4d783e34a70a718703cf6c46.png

Cool, I'd totally support the "Get De Santis Out" party. Or the "All Americans Democracy" party. Or, just to screw with certain people's heads, the "Where Goes One Go All" Party - not least to see how many under-informed voters we could attract...

• Upvote 3

Holy fucking shit. They aren’t even bothering to hide their racism and fascism anymore. What the all-encompassing fuck is going on in TN?!!

• Upvote 5
  • Angry 3
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 2

Gloria Johnson just commented that this shows that absolute power corrupts absolutely.  It's a bunch of old, white people trying desperately to turn back time and to stop all forward progress.  It won't work.  The next generation will wipe them all out of office.  I'm just glad it's getting national attention.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

53 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Holy fucking shit. They aren’t even bothering to hide their racism and fascism anymore. What the all-encompassing fuck is going on in TN?!!

@Destiny the angry reaction is not pointed at you but the fuckholes in Tennessee who did this. I’m so mad I could chew nails. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Nasty jerks:

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 4

You couldn’t make this up:

• WTF 4
  • Thank You 4

Missouri rethuglikans are anti-education 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

...because an educated populace might be able to think critically, which would mean fewer gullible fools to fall for Republican fear-mongering and nonsense.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I mentioned a few months ago that, as a fundraiser for a local library, I bought a t-shirt that said “I read banned books.”  Sadly, in Missouri and other states that are in educational decline, I’ll probably be subversive if I wear a shirt that says “I read.”  The lack of enthusiasm for learning is one of the trends that makes me scared.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

What a disgusting person:

• Disgust 5
  • WTF 4

The Q-Taliban is creating Texasistan. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 7

22 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The Q-Taliban is creating Texasistan. 

Of course, it's Texas.  I expect Florida and Arkansas to follow; DeSantis and Huckabee Sanders are probably mad their states didn't think of it first.  An article I read said the bill also REQUIRES time for students to pray and read the bible.  How do you twist this to somehow mean freedom of religion?  Do you now expect kindergarten teachers to explain adultery?  How is this remotely constitutional?  😤

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 4/21/2023 at 9:43 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

Bozos. Party of individual freedom my arse.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:48 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.815f4a66ebfacd57edf2cc9952e26f33.png

image.png

They don't want democracy. I honestly don't understand this trans panic. It doesn't affect most people, why not just let people live the way they want?

On 4/22/2023 at 9:09 PM, Becky said:

Of course, it's Texas.  I expect Florida and Arkansas to follow; DeSantis and Huckabee Sanders are probably mad their states didn't think of it first.  An article I read said the bill also REQUIRES time for students to pray and read the bible.  How do you twist this to somehow mean freedom of religion?  Do you now expect kindergarten teachers to explain adultery?  How is this remotely constitutional?  😤

It's the set up for their victim performance once it gets overturned. If I were teaching I'd be putting up the required poster, and one with the Catholic wording, and as many other posters as I could find with words from as many religions as I could find. Five pillars of Islam? Up there. 10 commandments of the Church of Satan? No problem, and right next to the official poster.

• Upvote 6

This is sad. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

The latest from Texasistan:

• Disgust 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2

Floridastan is trying to keep up with Texasistan. 

• Disgust 1
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Floridastan is trying to keep up with Texasistan. 

I'm even wondering about people who are not trans who don't quite hit society's image of what a man or what a woman should look like. Will they have to publicly show their genitals to prove that they are a man or a woman by birth if cis people misidentify them as trans?

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 7