IGNORED

Waverly, Iowa city councilman gets stupid

47of74

And in Waverly, Iowa a city councilman is taking a page from the Lord Dampnuts playbook and getting all stupid;

Bret Billet, a professor of political science at Wartburg College, allegedly hung a U.S. flag upside-down at his own house on Iowa Street in Waverly, according to Wes Gade, a Waverly city councilman.

Billet told The Courier he had no comment, but did say in an email “this has absolutely nothing to do with my employer Wartburg College.”

“Is this how you want Waverly represented? Having one of your College Professors hang the American Flag upside down outside his house on display?” he wrote in his post.

If I lived in Waverly first thing I would have done upon reading this was to do a 180 with my own flag just to show support for Prof. Billet and as a way of telling this Lord Dampnuts groupie to fornicate himself.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

And in Waverly, Iowa a city councilman is taking a page from the Lord Dampnuts playbook and getting all stupid;

If I lived in Waverly first thing I would have done upon reading this was to do a 180 with my own flag just to show support for Prof. Billet and as a way of telling this Lord Dampnuts groupie to fornicate himself.

What is that line conservatives love to preach?  Doesn't it go something like "The government doesn't have the right to tell me how to live my life.".  Nah, I must be mistaken.  :pb_rollseyes:

2 minutes ago, Childless said:

What is that line conservatives love to preach?  Doesn't go something like "The government doesn't have the right to tell me how to live my life.".  Nah, I must be mistaken.  :pb_rollseyes:

With conservatives it's always do as I say, not as I do.  And when they say, "The government doesn't have the right to tell me how to live my life" they mean their own lives.  And maybe the lives of other white males.  Females, the poor, minorities to the conservative the government has every right and the bounden duty to do so.

43 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

With conservatives it's always do as I say, not as I do.  And when they say, "The government doesn't have the right to tell me how to live my life" they mean their own lives.  And maybe the lives of other white males.  Females, the poor, minorities to the conservative the government has every right and the bounden duty to do so.

You forgot liberals and progressives.  If you're a liberal or a progressive, even white maleness won't save you.

3 hours ago, Childless said:

You forgot liberals and progressives.  If you're a liberal or a progressive, even white maleness won't save you.

And the thing of it is, once you truly stop worrying about how others live their lives or what they do then it's harder than hell to be a conservative.  And it helps with the blood pressure too.   

Archived