IGNORED

Did anyone ever figure out who Scott Brown looks like?

Brainsample

I'm in mostly offline mode and ill, but this was worth borrowing my husband's computer to do. (Mine is not well, though I think I'm in better shape that it is!) And I haven't lost my sense of humor.

I finally figured out who Scott Brown reminds me of -- since it has bugged me since Nov. 2007 when I saw his very gay looking version of telling men how to procure husbands for their daughters in the extras on the Return of the Daughters video. Out of context, it half sounds like Oscar Wilde's testimony talking about the love that dare not speak its name. His affect seemed strikingly like the prototypical extroverted effete gay guys I've been around.

But it hit me just who Brown reminds me of: Liberace.

LiberaceandBrown.png

I've posted this here before, but I'll post it again. Transcribed from the Return of the Daughters video.

From “Courtship and Marriage†(in the extras):

Beautiful femininity and sturdy womanhood

Scott Brown:

You know the most obvious way that a father works to find a mate for his daughter is to just do the things that God has called him to do.  God has called every man to be a brother to other -- other to young men in the church.  What happens often to – to older men, to fathers, is that they only – they only have relationships with other older men in the church.  Well what’s that all about?  Is that – is that the way that God would have an older man operate in the church or in the community?  Well, absolutely not.

God calls older men to know younger men.  One of the questions that I like to ask men are “Hey.  How many of your friends – how many of your best friends are 13 years old?â€Â  And I ask that question because I think that it’s important for older guys to know 10, 12, 13, 14 , 15 year olds so that they know the hearts of these men; and also that they’re investing in these men.  You – you  know, when you disciple a young man, you – you – you may be discipling – you know --   your -your daughter’s future husband,  but you may be discipling– you are definitely discipling somebody’s husband.  And it’s really important that men do that.  So one of the mistakes men do is that they-- they wait ‘till the “eleventh hour†to get to know men.

And, ah, one of the …-- It’s really symptomatic of the loss of a vision of discipleship in the church.  And God has arranged a beautiful way of – of discipling of --of a—of a men in the church.  That is that – a—God gives you a small number of men in your natural circle and you pour your life into them and you – you are-- are like Paul was to Timothy.  And that’s the most natural and—ah -- perhaps the most effective way to find a mate for your daughter.

Kelly:

(After speaking about Peter)

My father has a um-  great love for young men, and so with Peter, he just began by just fostering kind of a mentorship relationship with him.  Writing him.  Telephoning him.  Um, spending time encouraging him in the Word.  Challenging him with questions...Here are books… How can I pray for you….My father fell in love with Peter before I did.

The inside of Scott & Deborah's house certainly is decorated effetely enough to belong to a Liberace-on-the-downlow. And I loved Liberace, always will !!!

brainsample, I wondered where you've been. May healing be yours, and completely, and soon! You've been missed. :|

Archived