IGNORED

Attacks in Nice, France

ven

There has just been an attack in nice for the 14 juillet celebrations. A big white truck ran into the crowd and the driver(s) started shooting into the crowd. Also there is a hostage situation going on . I pray for france ...

Sigh. I'm so tired of this crap. If there is a god/goddess, he/she/it must be so fucking proud of humanity.

My thoughts are with the victims and their friends and families. I hope we'll see an end to senseless violence like this attack soon. 

A mad man with a truck, then 60 ou 70 deads but no hostage situation.... The world is going to be crazy. At least a hundred injured persons.... A lot of children, was watching the fireworks ... So sad, i can't say more...

I read an analysis in ? the Washington Post I think? that argued that ISIS is stepping up their external attacks because they are losing serious ground in the "caliphate."  So these are signs that they are panicking.

Bastards.

I hate cowards who attack the innocent. :(

It just doesn't end, does it? I have a friend who's in Antibes for the summer and she's been traveling around. I'm hoping to hear that she was nowhere nearby. Not that it makes it any better...

I am sad, heartbroken, angry, and so, so tired of senseless death.  

This kills me. My employers are French Muslims, and when these things happen, he comes in and the heartbreak is palpable. :( They are some of the most kind, loving people I've ever met. And certainly amazing parents. I guess I take it personally, because these are people I love so much. 

I just don't know what to say anymore. I am at a loss. It seems like every other day I keep typing the same thing over and over. "Sending thoughts to........" When does it stop? Will it ever stop? 

4 hours ago, Mecca said:
I just don't know what to say anymore. I am at a loss. It seems like every other day I keep typing the same thing over and over. "Sending thoughts to........" When does it stop? Will it ever stop? 

This. Fucking this.

I am just so tired of typing thoughts and prayers.

Offering up a group hug.  

These senseless, cowardly attacks on innocents, week after week... enough already.  

Heart continues to break for those affected. Hope all FJ'ers and their families/friends are fine.

9 minutes ago, Destiny said:

This. Fucking this.

I am just so tired of typing thoughts and prayers.

I've sat here staring at your comment for five minutes trying to think of something to say myself. I'm out of words. 

47 minutes ago, Mecca said:

And people are making fucking JOKES about it on social media! I fucking hate people. 

I've been tweeting nastygrams to the NYTimes and then took to e-mail.  They are posting graphic pictures without any warning.  It's pissing me off, and I'm really a mild-mannered lady.

*eye roll*

23 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

And people are making fucking JOKES about it on social media! I fucking hate people. 

What the hell is there to even joke about???

It's just sad. TeenBlah studies French at school. His teacher is a lovely, gentle grandfatherly man who spends weeks in France every year. His greatest delight is taking a group of a dozen or so older students to Paris each year for Christmas. When the previous attacks happened this beautiful man was openly weeping in the classroom. The annual student trip has been cancelled for the last couple of years and will probably never happen again. It really hit home to TeenBlah and his mates. Just because we are half a world away we are all in this together.

There are no words to convey the level of despair at the world that our children exist in. My thoughts are with everyone who is impacted by this monstrous event and others like it.

They're saying he drove a mile into the crowd. You can see on video that he was going slowly and as he crossed an intersection, he sped up. If he had explosives, it could have been much worse. At least the police were able to stop him before that. 

I'm so tired of this. People killing innocents and for no reason. I was looking up ISIS attacks for this year alone: over 760 dead and over 1700 injured and it's only July. A vast majority (650+ dead and 1600+ injured) have been Muslims in Muslim countries. 

Mr Imagine lived in Paris for years (that's actually where we met) and many of his friends still live there. Every time these cowards commit these crimes, the discrimination gets worse. That's exactly what ISIS wants. They want to watch the world burn and they don't care who they hurt to make it happen. 

I don't know if it's actually been confirmed it was ISIS yet, but in Hollande's speech he did mention "Islamic terrorism." 

I feel terrible for all of  France with the past year and half they've had,  and especially for everyone who just lost a loved one. It was a group of people, including many families with kids, who just wanted to watch some fireworks! It's sickening.

It really is sickening @Rachel333

My heart also goes out to Muslims across the world, who are being discriminated against because of the actions of extremists. 

Well, it's fundamentalism, isn't it?  I really think that's what it all comes down to.  What separates the gazillion Muslims who wouldn't do this from those who would?  What separates the gazillion Christians who wouldn't essentially enslave the women in their lives and those who would?

Fundamentalism.

Yes this is a snark site but frankly if people don't call out the everyday fundamentalism in their communities, it gets a bigger foothold, and more and more people are hurt by it.  So I think FJ is more than snark even if some of it is snark.  Sometimes snark is the only way to get people to understand your point.

The only thIng I can come up with is: Oh, another one. I know that sounds cold, but what else is left to say?

26 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Well, it's fundamentalism, isn't it?  I really think that's what it all comes down to.  What separates the gazillion Muslims who wouldn't do this from those who would?  What separates the gazillion Christians who wouldn't essentially enslave the women in their lives and those who would?

Fundamentalism.

Yes this is a snark site but frankly if people don't call out the everyday fundamentalism in their communities, it gets a bigger foothold, and more and more people are hurt by it.  So I think FJ is more than snark even if some of it is snark.  Sometimes snark is the only way to get people to understand your point.

All of this. This is why I devote hours out of every day to FJ. THIS is why I think what we do here is so. fucking. important.

(Bolding added by me.)

Archived