IGNORED

That AK simple living blog... kids names?

longskirtlotsakids

Wow. Just wow. I found this blog off of Mckmama's facebook page and I am just fixated on this family's life. Chicken butchering. Insane amount of firewood harvesting. A lot, alot of blood and animal slaughter. I could only find a few names though of the kids, in photo captions. Mercy Fire, Judah, and something "Divine." Has this family been explored at length before? I am quite frankly shocked at how flippant and dismissive they are of the fact that their fuel line froze, and they were without propane because it was -70. Yes, NEGATIVE 70. And they have a BABY in the house.

I fully expect to see a headline one year, sadly, that they froze to death. They really do look like they know what they are doing- and they are very smart about it- but sometimes a series of events happen that take down even good survivalists. Being unable to get the heat going when it is -70 does just that.

But, in the meantime, they are happily chewing bear legs in their overalls. They do seem very un[retentious and judgemental, and of course, the children are soooooo cute and endearing.

Somehow people were surviving Alaskan winters long before central heating. That's probably why they have those insane amounts of fireword, 'cause the propane line freezes.

Haven't looked at the blog, but aside from the names, a lot of that stuff sounds like general life in Alaska, at least for those who don't live in areas where there's a lot of infrastructure. You have to do a lot for yourself.

The past few months she has posted nothing but stupid conservative crap videos and articles so I haven;t checked her in a while. Sounds like I am due to check in.

Clicking through the archives, it appears that one of the children is named Vision O'YHWH?

:shock:

It bugs me. And I'm a hypocrite because my kids are named with with common words in dh's language, for specific meaning. But it still bugs me. :oops:

Clicking through the archives, it appears that one of the children is named Vision O'YHWH?

:shock:

It bugs me. And I'm a hypocrite because my kids are named with with common words in dh's language, for specific meaning. But it still bugs me. :oops:

:shock: Can you imagine? I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous.

The kids are

Judah Zachariah

Serenity Rose

Mercy Fire

Destiny Divine

Vision O’YHWH

Jerusalem Song

They also have a miscarried baby named Joyful Praise

The "ick" factor is high on this family for me.

Wow. Just wow. I found this blog off of Mckmama's facebook page and I am just fixated on this family's life. Chicken butchering. Insane amount of firewood harvesting. A lot, alot of blood and animal slaughter. I could only find a few names though of the kids, in photo captions. Mercy Fire, Judah, and something "Divine." Has this family been explored at length before? I am quite frankly shocked at how flippant and dismissive they are of the fact that their fuel line froze, and they were without propane because it was -70. Yes, NEGATIVE 70. And they have a BABY in the house.

I fully expect to see a headline one year, sadly, that they froze to death. They really do look like they know what they are doing- and they are very smart about it- but sometimes a series of events happen that take down even good survivalists. Being unable to get the heat going when it is -70 does just that.

They are so weird. Even for Alaska, they are incredibly strange. I have kind of a sick fascination with looking through their pictures as well. Anyway, I feel convicted (purposed? I need to learn more fundie "verbs") to respond to the stuff about the heat. I had a friend in fairbanks who was without heat all winter because her landlord refused to fix the problem. It happens. People have lived for thousands of years in the interior without modern heating systems. Plus a lot of the modern heating methods are less efficient than the traditional methods.

I'm less worried about them freezing to death (they have firewood, and probably different types of oil lamps, not to mention a lot of, um, natural insulation) than the horrifying ideas they spout. Not to mention that Jews are underrepresented in Alaska to begin with -- lots of misconceptions and weird weird questions when people get going -- and I'm sure the fake jews (i'm sorry "torah observant christian) aren't doing us any favors.

I hate their blog though, it's hard to navigate and so distracting.

Apparently those of us who settled for normal names for our children gave them "no more than a combination of grunts that sound pleasing to the ear." My favorite of the baby names they were considering is Hate Evil. Can you imagine? Maybe they should consider Defrauding Jezebel for the next girl.

And who grinds up chilli to make baby food? Poor baby.

Hate Evil? For realz? I missed that post.

I would, however, give a baby chili, if they were of an age to eat some solids. One of the first foods my first kid had was jambalaya. He was begging. I thought a little taste of it would put him off. Nope. And then there was my brother. When he arrived in the States at 9 months old, he refused to eat any baby food unless it was liberally doused with garlic. :lol:

I wonder if the name thing is part of the hearkening back to Puritanism? Big with VF.

It wouldn't bother me so much if it weren't so.....statement-y.

Although, I have to admit, when I was pregnant with one of mine, my oldest son who was a toddler at the time, really really really wanted his sibling to be named Jerusalem. And we considered it, and variations. But ultimately disappointed the poor kid by going with something else.

• Haha 1

[insert picture]

Here is my beautiful family! This is our eldest, Holy Worldview. She is almost eleven and such a blessing. She washes all the laundry by hand and never opens her mouth to complain. I thank God for her everyday! Then there are our darling twin boys, Redeeming Feature and Eschewing Sin, who love to help Daddy chop wood and take out the garbage. And who could forget our precious baby, Quality Control, just three months old and already showing such a heart for the Lord! I am so blessed!

• Haha 1

They are fake Jews as well. They got 3, count 'em 3 different shofars which they blow every Shabbos. Don't even wait for the High Holy Days, nope every Friday night they blow them and God help the moose in the neighborhood.

At least she had this baby in the hospital because there were signs of distress and the midwife made the call.

It sounds to me as though they have a propane system and a backup wood stove. We're urban Alaskans (Kodiak, Alaska, almost ELEVEN THOUSAND PEOPLE on the road system and SIX THOUSAND PEOPLE in our TOWN, it's HUGE) and we have a backup wood stove too. It's just prudent in a region where fuel lines can freeze.

What concerns me is their drive to separate. Living in Alaska requires connection. Even if you are living in isolation most of the year, there will be times when you absolutely need to have a connection with people outside your tiny group. Being known as "those odd but friendly people out at Whatsisname Creek" or "those ranting jerks out at Whatsisname Creek whose kid told my kid she was going to Hell for having a T-shirt with a dinosaur on it" can be the difference between being invited to share in a bounty of moose meat, or what have you, and . . . not. Or being offered help in tough times and . . . not. "Those kids look raggedy but their parents are freaks and they have guns" is not the reaction you want to provoke in people.

• Thank You 1

:shock: Can you imagine? I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous.

The best contributor to the LOLDougs has that as his profile name in "honour" of these whackjobs! It makes me laugh every time.

Though I think this family are complete whackadoos, I think they are fairly harmless compared with a lot of the nutjobs we discuss here. They live far enough out, and have to work so hard to stay at mere subsistence level, that they don't annoy me so much. The kids seem happy, if grubby; though I did wonder a lot about their safety and living conditions when she used to post pictures of their renovations.

I think I remember a post a while ago on her blog that mentioned "some friends" once, another headcovering type?(am I imagining this?) IF they have another similar family to hang out with at least they aren't so isolated. I would hate to be trapped in the freezing tundra with no other humans but my husband and kids or 6 months out of the year.

They are surrounded by the defrauding phallic trees,its Alaska, pine is pretty much what they have,isn't it? No wonder they have so many kids. :clap:

• Upvote 1

The kids are

Judah Zachariah

Serenity Rose

Mercy Fire

Destiny Divine

Vision O’YHWH

Jerusalem Song

They also have a miscarried baby named Joyful Praise

The "ick" factor is high on this family for me.

There's also the eldest son of the dad (presuming to a previous marriage or relationship). He is called Glenn. Quite a normal name really! But he doesn't live with them. He looks very much like an older version of Judah though.

The Wilkinsons were one of my first entries into fundie watching. I am insanely envious of their homestead, though not their cobbled together house. Not envious of the winter Alaskan temperatures either, -30C last winter was cold enough for me!

There's also the eldest son of the dad (presuming to a previous marriage or relationship). He is called Glenn. Quite a normal name really! But he doesn't live with them. He looks very much like an older version of Judah though.

WHAT? I have never heard of Glenn before!! I must see a pic, does he wear overalls? I need back story...

The Wilkinsons were one of my first entries into fundie watching. I am insanely envious of their homestead, though not their cobbled together house. Not envious of the winter Alaskan temperatures either, -30C last winter was cold enough for me!

Here is my beautiful family! This is our eldest, Holy Worldview. She is almost eleven and such a blessing. She washes all the laundry by hand and never opens her mouth to complain. I thank God for her everyday! Then there are our darling twin boys, Redeeming Feature and Eschewing Sin, who love to help Daddy chop wood and take out the garbage. And who could forget our precious baby, Quality Control, just three months old and already showing such a heart for the Lord! I am so blessed!

OMG, I just spit Coke Pepsi on the keyboard.

Nell