IGNORED

That AK simple living blog... kids names?

longskirtlotsakids

[insert picture]

Here is my beautiful family! This is our eldest, Holy Worldview. She is almost eleven and such a blessing. She washes all the laundry by hand and never opens her mouth to complain. I thank God for her everyday! Then there are our darling twin boys, Redeeming Feature and Eschewing Sin, who love to help Daddy chop wood and take out the garbage. And who could forget our precious baby, Quality Control, just three months old and already showing such a heart for the Lord! I am so blessed!

:lol:

Somehow people were surviving Alaskan winters long before central heating. That's probably why they have those insane amounts of fireword, 'cause the propane line freezes.

Haven't looked at the blog, but aside from the names, a lot of that stuff sounds like general life in Alaska, at least for those who don't live in areas where there's a lot of infrastructure. You have to do a lot for yourself.

Actually, a lot of them didn't survive. Less than a century ago, basically every family could expect to lose a child in some way. And the people who lived there a long time ago were better equipped with knowledge that they gained throughout their childhoods because they weren't used to having central heating in the first place.

I am so sick of people claiming that we don't need modern things because people survived just fine in the past. No, they didn't survive very well and that's why we invented all these modern things in the first place.

Unless you're comfortable with most families losing a child, let's stop using this particular line of reasoning.

• Bless Your Heart 1

There's not much of a back story that I can tell. I only know what I have read from the blog. I think there is one post about him visiting and that was a few years back. There is a photo of him with the rest of the Wilkinsons, I'll try and find it tomorrow - going to bed in minute. He doesn't live with his dad in Alaska, I think he lives where the Wilkinsons lived previously in, I think, Oregon.

God those chicken butchering photos are horrible. I would never put a giant knife in the hand of a child nor require a child to do that kind of butchering. Great mind-food for a budding psychopath.....

God those chicken butchering photos are horrible. I would never put a giant knife in the hand of a child nor require a child to do that kind of butchering. Great mind-food for a budding psychopath.....

Are you vegetarian?

I have to admit that I am not so "fun" when butchering animals, but it has nothing to do with psychopathy, it has to do with putting food on the table with the least stress to the animals. I'm also lucky to live near a processor who I can pay to do it for me if I have more than 12 chickens to be processed.

They have a "donate" button. What makes people so entitled?

Plus she can't spell or punctuate and it really fucking bugs me when homeschoolers do that.

• Upvote 1

They have a "donate" button. What makes people so entitled?

Plus she can't spell or punctuate and it really fucking bugs me when homeschoolers do that.

Leave them a comment about the donate button? "Can I just buy the girls pants? Heat? Headcoverings?" I would buy the kids stuff if they needed it, but not those wacko parents and their fake Jew stuff. BTW, are our real Jews offended by them using your stuff and using it wrongly?

Is this suddenly showing up as private to anyone else? I was looking at the homeschooling video and tried to click another link on the sidebar and got a notice that the blog was private.

Is this suddenly showing up as private to anyone else? I was looking at the homeschooling video and tried to click another link on the sidebar and got a notice that the blog was private.

yep

Considering their names get worse with time (Judah Zachariah is actually quite nice), I fear for their next child.

[insert picture]

Here is my beautiful family! This is our eldest, Holy Worldview. She is almost eleven and such a blessing. She washes all the laundry by hand and never opens her mouth to complain. I thank God for her everyday! Then there are our darling twin boys, Redeeming Feature and Eschewing Sin, who love to help Daddy chop wood and take out the garbage. And who could forget our precious baby, Quality Control, just three months old and already showing such a heart for the Lord! I am so blessed!

Holy crap, almost snorted apple sauce out my nose.

BTW, are our real Jews offended by them using your stuff and using it wrongly?

Yeah, for the same reasons it pisses me off when Lina or other people do it (though I think these people are less pedantic and more, uh, loopy than she is. In their own way). It's still cultural appropriation, and especially in a place where there are hardly any actual Jewish people, they're just giving people wrong ideas and making us look like idiots, which hardly thrills me.

Of course, I'm also offended that they would burden a poor kid with a name like "Vision O'Yahweh." Every time I hear it I think of a leprechaun with peyos or something.

• 8 months later...

So I remember a while ago there was this family of faux jews up near Fairbanks that had a blog that we talked about. I think it was AK Simple Living, and I remember she went private. I want to go check on it to see if it might be public and/or if they have a connection to the current Militiamen trial going on now:

http://www.adn.com/2012/06/14/2505458/m ... s-cox.html (This link interviews the wife of one of the men accused of making a hit-list of politicians to kill. Sounds fundie.)

But I can't find anything :(

other than the obvious fake jew connection & location. I'm very curious about these people.

ETA the subject.

I found Free Jinger after Simple Living Alaska vanished. I was having fundie-withdrawal, and did a web search, and up popped this board...

I do frequently wonder how they're doing, and if their cabin ever got finished. And if they've had any more blessings with spectacular names.

I found Free Jinger after Simple Living Alaska vanished. I was having fundie-withdrawal, and did a web search, and up popped this board...

I do frequently wonder how they're doing, and if their cabin ever got finished. And if they've had any more blessings with spectacular names.

What were the kids names? Surely no worse than Knox Perseverance?

Someone will know them all. The two I remember are Jerusalem Song and Vision O'Yhwh

Haaa. Almost.

In age order;

Judah Zachariah Ephrium, Serenity Rose, Mercy Fire, Destiny Divine, Vision O'YHWH, and Jerusalem Song.

(edit because dyslexic brain keeps typing YWHW instead of YHWH...)

• Thank You 1

After a quick bit of searching, I think this might be the same family, I can't prove it yet but it reads the same. mikvehheart.wordpress.com/

After a quick bit of searching, I think this might be the same family, I can't prove it yet but it reads the same. mikvehheart.wordpress.com/

It has the same awkward, badly designed website feel to it, so maybe.

I miss the Wilkinsons, I could just imagine them doing a Ruby Ridge one day :(. Their kids were very unfortunate looking. :(

ETA tsiyonbound.blogspot.co.nz/#!http://tsiyonbound.blogspot.com/2011/08/finding-remnant.html This is them. but the photo must be a few years old now.

Haaa. Almost.

In age order;

Judah Zachariah Ephrium, Serenity Rose, Mercy Fire, Destiny Divine, Vision O'YWHW, and Jerusalem Song.

:shock: I had forgotten how out there their names were. Christ what a mess.

:shock: I had forgotten how out there their names were. Christ what a mess.

I have yet to be shocked by any name since I heard "Vision O'YHWH". It's just too... much.