IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 21: As many threads as Duggars

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

No, I am half a world away from the US of A and it is not even an American school. I did not know my kid was learning fundie math. That Bob Jones guy has some long arms...

Who publishes the workbook and why are they using it?  Is it because it is inexpensive?

ETA - I just saw in another reply that it is a Christian bilingual school.  But I still wonder about the source of the workbook.  Is it really connected to Bob Jones?

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I checked. It's Bob Jones. No idea why they use it. The seem to use a mix of secular and Christian curricula and I don't why they choose what. The school is not really fundie. The books are horrendously expensive, so I don't think it's cost.

8 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

Yes there are but they don't speak English so they wouldn't understand. And they have all agreed to their kids having Bible lessons, so I think they would not be too concerned. They are far too happy the kids get English language education. Fortunately the first graders don't really speak English yet either, so they would not get this 'little pearl of wisdom'.

Anything can be made religious. 

" Mr Jones earns 45800 per year and tithes 5000 dollar. Mrs Jose earns 19000 per year and tithes 3000. Who loves God more? Explain your calculations. Quote the relevant scripture in your answer."

" Every week after the morning service, Mrs. Steinberg brews 3 gallons of coffee for the church members. How many gallons does she brew in a typical year of 52 Sundays?" 

The possibilities are endless. And don't get me started on science.

OMG! I just had a total flashback from about 45 years ago when my dad was in charge of procuring donuts and making coffee for all our parishioners at our church for after the service. Of course I had to throw in change for the donuts in the 'free will offering' basket...but on the brighter side I got to show off my artistic side as I made ala Marjorie the Free Will Offering sign.

On 7/8/2016 at 7:01 PM, ksgranola1 said:

She laid a huge egg about it. You'd have thought they had performed complete intercourse right there in the baggage claim in front of the whole family. Hypocrite, Bikini Michelle.

HAHAHAHA.  I love the use of the word complete by the way.  Since it would be totally different if he just humped her from behind but they didn't complete the intercourse.  :output_eeMbjt:  

She also laid a full chicken over the Binessa hand holding.  Really?!?  During grace at a restaurant with both sets of parents around?  Now, granted, to Binessa it must have been sweet sweet illicit contact after a side hug but really Meeechelle.  You let your husband dry hump you on a mini-golf course while your husband teased your daughter and future son in-law that they couldn't even kiss. 

1 hour ago, JMO said:

HAHAHAHA.  I love the use of the word complete by the way.  Since it would be totally different if he just humped her from behind but they didn't complete the intercourse.  :output_eeMbjt:  

She also laid a full chicken over the Binessa hand holding.  Really?!?  During grace at a restaurant with both sets of parents around?  Now, granted, to Binessa it must have been sweet sweet illicit contact after a side hug but really Meeechelle.  You let your husband dry hump you on a mini-golf course while your husband teased your daughter and future son in-law that they couldn't even kiss. 

That's different and very modest because they're married. They could have stripped down to their Hanes and done it right there and it still would have been modest and acceptable because it's the Duggars and they're married. 

Bin lewdly fondling Jessa's hand and Derek crushing his chest against Jill's bosom were vulgar and immodest because they weren't married yet. 

On July 11, 2016 at 9:16 AM, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

Teaching harp lessons could be lucrative for them, however. There is not an abundance of Harp teachers out there, or harp players because it is a large, cumbersome, and expensive instrument.

Here's my mother of a harpist experience:

1.  anecdotely speaking, harps seem to be the preferred instrument for daughters in fundie families.  My daughter went to a harp camp (yes, they exist) and she was one of a handful of students who wasn't homeskooled or "modestly" dressed.  (Another PARENT tried to tattle on her for not coming down for breakfast--she slept in--apparently the mom choose to stay in the dorn with her daughter!)

2. There are plenty of harp teachers out there,both talented and qualified to teach.  Most of them are members of the American Harp Association (AHS).  My daughter plays for the occasional wedding or special service.  She's been a member since she was 14 (discounts on insurance!).  The next time I see her, I'll have her check to see if any Duggars are registered--I'd doubt it.  It's a purely secular organization.

In conclusion, from what I"ve seen their harp playing is similar to their piano/violin playing.  They seem to know a specific and narrow selection of songs.  Like a lot of their learning, it's rote learning; they haven't mastered the knowledge, but only the ability to spew it back.

2 hours ago, JMO said:

And what was it she did when she found that Josh had "touched" the other girls?  Laid a rhinoceros? I doubt it was even an egg.

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

Bin lewdly fondling Jessa's hand and Derek crushing his chest against Jill's bosom were vulgar and immodest because they weren't married yet. 

Reading this I couldn't help but picture one of those Fabio type romance novel covers with Derick and his blouse unbuttoned, the sides blowing open in the wind, along with his hippie hair, and Jill in a corseted dress and head thrown back  :)

4 minutes ago, anotherone said:

And what was it she did when she found that Josh had "touched" the other girls?  Laid a rhinoceros? I doubt it was even an egg.

She downplayed it because TV.

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

That's different and very modest because they're married. They could have stripped down to their Hanes and done it right there and it still would have been modest and acceptable because it's the Duggars and they're married. 

I think this is the most incongruous part of the Duggar's courtship/relationship rules. They claim to live a modest life, but for people so 'modest' they talk a lot about sex. Boob has mentioned to Jchelle about something turning him on, that he wants to go to bed and 'hey hey hey' and dry humped her on a miniature golf course. That's not very modest to me.

Yet, to them, the idea of not engaged couples holding hands or front hugging is treated like they've just stripped off and started shagging on the carpet.

My mind boggles.

16 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Is that how the "shag rug" got its name?:56247958035f1_32(18):

Maybe.

There is a test of how British a person is...if you say the words 'shag pile carpet' to them and they don't at least smirk then they aren't British. When I hear those words I think of a plush, fuzzy orgy and collapse into giggles.

I'm a Monkey-hanger  and Shag-Pile Carpet doesn't make me snigger!

22 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

But then, they never do. Reading interviews with them is like swallowing air. Highly unsatisfying.

and jinger I just can't - she is SO freaking boring in everything she says and does 

and Jessa needs to back away from the kids angle of saying us kids all the time 

Woman you are married move on 

I love how Jinger, the one that actually attempts to dress fashionably and different from her sisters literally said nothing about the styles she likes other than "I got this at resale."

22 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I love how Jinger, the one that actually attempts to dress fashionably and different from her sisters literally said nothing about the styles she likes other than "I got this at resale."

she is so unoriginal and just has no life in her.  

They are just so boring...I used to think they just hadn't the vocabulary to articulate clearly, but now I've come around to believing with there just aren't any real thoughts inside their heads in the first place!

And to think I once thought there might be wisdom and insight in there, struggling to get out......... :whaa:

3 hours ago, nst said:

and jinger I just can't - she is SO freaking boring in everything she says and does 

and Jessa needs to back away from the kids angle of saying us kids all the time 

Woman you are married move on 

Right--  Jessa is married and living in a separate house--but still talks as if "all the girls" are grabbing their clothes out of a big communal closet.

And Jessa tells us she like "Autumn colors" but Jinger doesn't tell us what she likes.

Color me Bored.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Right--  Jessa is married and living in a separate house--but still talks as if "all the girls" are grabbing their clothes out of a big communal closet.

And Jessa tells us she like "Autumn colors" but Jinger doesn't tell us what she likes.

Color me Bored.

I think it has to be about the brand - aka The TV SHOW -   Unless she truly goes over there every day to look for clothes. 

It is bizarre.   Jinger I have no words - this season will be the worst ever imo - I will be drunk on tequila the entire time. 

To be fair, I'd still rather watch Jinger be boring than Jill in anything. 

24 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Poor Buzzard. How is she going to manage this season without booze?

What did I miss, why no booze?

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

To be fair, I'd still rather watch Jinger be boring than Jill in anything. 

This. BUT TTTT, I've often wondered how Jill is doing in Dangerous Central America, what with a limited wardrobe and no sisters to either do the laundry for her or to share their clothing for her. How HAS she managed ? Yes, I know normal women do this daily, but...

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

This. BUT TTTT, I've often wondered how Jill is doing in Dangerous Central America, what with a limited wardrobe and no sisters to either do the laundry for her or to share their clothing for her. How HAS she managed ? Yes, I know normal women do this daily, but...

Jill is at least is somewhat entertaining with Cho Cho - would like to see her more than Jinger 

are we going to be subjected to Jinger staring at Jeremy not saying anything 

Maybe he will give her a personality ...doubt it 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • samurai_sarah unpinned this topic

Archived