IGNORED

Petition to Allow Guns at Republican Convention

Ali

The venue for the Republican Convention does not allow firearms. A petition to allow firearms at the convention has over 25,000 signatures. What could possibly go wrong? Guns don't kill people. It is the bad people with guns that kill people.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/25-000-sign-petition-allow-guns-republican-national-convention-cleveland-n546076

This is a direct affront to the Second Amendment and puts all attendees at risk," the petition says. "By forcing attendees to leave their firearms at home, the RNC and Quicken Loans Arena are putting tens of thousands of people at risk both inside and outside of the convention site.

If Republicans and guns are such a bad idea and they are so violent, how come they haven't just taken over the country by coup yet?

What exactly do these people think is going to happen in that arena that they will need to protect themselves from? Do they not get that the notion that they must have guns for protection there casts a bad light on their party? 

Let them have them-clean out the gene pool.:character-beavisbutthead::evil-laugh:

Maybe Trump and Lying Ted can have a duel and whoever is alive after can be the GOP candidate for POTUS. Then if anyone wants to challenge the winner then another duel on and on until the last person standing.

Great. So instead of people merely being beaten (as in the Drumpf rallies), if any protestors show up, they'll be shot. Lovely.

Yeah.  No.

It ain't happening:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/03/28/more-than-42000-people-have-signed-a-petition-to-allow-guns-at-the-republican-national-convention/?tid=pm_politics_pop_b

The Secret Service on Monday quashed the hopes of gun rights advocates who were pushing for the open carry of firearms to be allowed at this summer's Republican National Convention in Cleveland.

If I was going as a non-Drumf supporter I'd be pretty interested in having SOMETHING along for self-defense.

Well if you absolutely must have guns in the convention, there's always the choice to hold the convention some place that allows guns... 

Are they going to complain about "the candidates think they're more important than us" like they did about Obama's kids having armed security detail at school?

Bueller? Bueller?

But really though, this is a good idea. Don't want my children (if I have any) to read about "Republican Convention massacre of 2016." Of course they'll read about "Republican convention riot of 2016."

Except there'll be like no black people so apparently that rioting will be fine.

There will be guns at the Texas Convention. If there aren't any shootings, what will y'all say?

I really don't understand what the fuss is about, this is not a question about gun control by the government at all. If the owner of the venue doesn't allow firearms, then firearms aren't allowed, period. It's their right to choose if they want firearms on their property or not, and for whom they are willing to make an exception for (like security). And even if the owner was a Trump supporter with no brains who would allow guns, the host committee of the GOP still could ban them, since they are the ones who are organizing the event.

Archived