IGNORED

What the hell is Kendal rambling on about now???

Koala

Guest Anonymous
I shuttered at the idea of sending this little guy off to day care. I realized that he was of the age to be dropped off in the care of someone else. Are you serious??!! Drop him off in the hands of a stranger to be cared for all day. They don't know that he doesn't like to be craddle held, or that his favorite thing to do is be talked to in my lap or that he really doesn't like pacifiers.

First off, it's shuddered, Kendal, not shuttered. Unless you installed pieces of wood over your windows when you thought about daycare. Hey! Maybe she did! To keep the evil daycare out! It fills me with horror that this woman homeschools. And how does one "craddle hold" a baby? I don't have one of my own, but I've taken care of lots of them and it's not that difficult to shift them around until they get happy, right?

Also, Kendal has an I-phone and a Mac. I'm sure Apple shareholders are grateful to her but I'll be darned if I know why anyone else cares. The post came off as bragging about her possessions/money, and trying to convince everyone (and possibly herself) she's lucky and happy and blessed and perfect and blah, blah, blah.

I watched a video on YouTube that said the Apple company is satanic cuz their symbol is an apple with a bite out of it. (Like the apple that Adam and Eve ate.) I wonder if fundies who use Apple computers know that.

Every daycare I've known has a form for you to fill in all your baby's preferences and likes to run settling in sessions so that you all get to know one another. Also, does she think they have a pot of pacifiers and just randomly try and use them? :roll:

Eh? She must know the shittiest daycares in the world. The one my nieces go to is fantastic, can't praise them highly enough. They fill out a little report card every day for every child...what baby ate, what she did, did she sleep, was she happy, sad, crying, cheerful, who played with her (for toddlers) what they played...and also give you a verbal update when you collect the kids. When my brother got into bad circumstances through no fault of his own they continued to take the kids and waived payment until he was back on his feet again. And this is in a very low income area where many people are on benefits, not some exclusive retreat.

There are so many good people in the world and the idiots we snark on here refuse to believe in them. Sad lives they lead.

Every daycare I've known has a form for you to fill in all your baby's preferences and likes to run settling in sessions so that you all get to know one another. Also, does she think they have a pot of pacifiers and just randomly try and use them? :roll:

This. You don't just pull up one day and drop them off at the curb. From what I understand from my co-workers, there is a LOT of paperwork and documenting that goes into enrolling the kid, never mind parent/provider conversations and status reports. Also, plenty of people (even the evil heathens) don't use day care if they don't need to. No one will force her...so if she's not going to use it, why freak out about it?

I watched a video on YouTube that said the Apple company is satanic cuz their symbol is an apple with a bite out of it. (Like the apple that Adam and Eve ate.) I wonder if fundies who use Apple computers know that.

HAHAHAHA. oh, i ever so love this concept.

First off, it's shuddered, Kendal, not shuttered. Unless you installed pieces of wood over your windows when you thought about daycare. Hey! Maybe she did! To keep the evil daycare out! It fills me with horror that this woman homeschools. And how does one "craddle hold" a baby? I don't have one of my own, but I've taken care of lots of them and it's not that difficult to shift them around until they get happy, right?

Also, Kendal has an I-phone and a Mac. I'm sure Apple shareholders are grateful to her but I'll be darned if I know why anyone else cares. The post came off as bragging about her possessions/money, and trying to convince everyone (and possibly herself) she's lucky and happy and blessed and perfect and blah, blah, blah.

Furthermore, I don't know about all the other daycare using parents, but I generally make it a practice to meet my daycare providers before I leave my son with them. :roll:

Fundies would freak out if they knew other stuff about Apple. They probably wouldn't like that Apple is very supportive of their gay and lesbian employees.

I like the image of daycare workers trying to keep babies plugged up with pacifiers. I mean, really, a baby that doesn't like a pacifier is going to make that known pretty quickly. What's she think, the poor thing is gonna sit there all miserable and like "Oh, noez! If only there was some way to expel this thing from my mouth!"

Because I'm a byatch, I sent her this comment:

Kendal, it's "shuddered," not "shuttered," and "cradle," not "craddle." You can't even spell, and you're home-schooling your kids?

Thanks for the corrections, I'll fix them. Maybe I should use spell check! I'm a terrible speller, obviously! And I write my blog posts super quick due to having 4 kids and little time for much of anything else.

And yup, I homeschool my children. I'm confident that my children will be better spellers than myself. :P

Confident how, exactly? If you don't even know how to spell on your own, how the hell can you teach others to spell correctly? SpellCheck can't discern between "shuddered" and "shuttered," as they're two different words but both spelled correctly. :angry-jumpinganger:

What bothers me more than a homeschooling mom not being able to spell is the ethos that comes across when you know you're a bad speller but can't be bothered to check yourself before publishing articles. My husband is a dissertating Ph.D. student in English (and ran the campus Writing Center for 2 years) and he is not always a great speller, but he knows to double and triple check stuff before sending it out.

Similarly, both of us were home-schooled by mothers without college degrees, so it's certainly possible for students to surpass their teachers in terms of academic skills. The real problem to my mind is the stubborn lack of curiosity and the persistent devaluing of academics displayed by so many of these mothers.

Kendal wrote : FuckThank you for correcting my spelling. I am too lazy to exert myself too busy popping out kids to be bothered, even though I still expect people to take me seriously. The hand that rocks the craddle is the hand that rules the whirled!

Guest Anonymous
Kendal wrote : FuckThank you for correcting my spelling. I am too lazy to exert myself too busy popping out kids to be bothered, even though I still expect people to take me seriously. The hand that rocks the craddle is the hand that rules the whirled!

This is perfect. I missed your razor-sharp wit while you were away from FJ.

I am in tears.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Furthermore, I don't know about all the other daycare using parents, but I generally make it a practice to meet my daycare providers before I leave my son with them. :roll:

I'm the type of heathen Kendall has nightmares about so I just drop mine down a chute and come back after my bender. I don't even remember which daycare to go back to sometimes.

Guest Anonymous

I'm the type of heathen Kendall has nightmares about so I just drop mine down a chute and come back after my bender. I don't even remember which daycare to go back to sometimes.

Bwahaha! I love this thread so hard.

I bet a lot of "daycare using" moms have the same problem. They walk out of work at the end of the day and their constant dilemma is, "Hmmmm. . . where did I leave Billy today?

Big problem among working parents. Huge problem.

:D

Guest Anonymous
Hey wait! Is it "chute" or "shoot"?

Fucking homophones, how do they work? Anyone want to bet that Kendal doesn't even know what a homophone is? It seriously makes me sick that she laughs at her own ignorance and refuses to examine the idea that she's cheating her kids out of a decent education.

Fucking homophones, how do they work? Anyone want to bet that Kendal doesn't even know what a homophone is? It seriously makes me sick that she laughs at her own ignorance and refuses to examine the idea that she's cheating her kids out of a decent education.

She's not a homophone, she doesn't hate gay people! She tolerates them.

;)

(To be fair, I haven't read enough of Kendal's blog to know how she responds to LGBT issues, but I couldn't resist!)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Bet she can't imagine whirled peas. Those damn libruls are besetting her at every turn!!!!!!!!!111

Kendal best arm herself with her high powered riffle to keep the bad guys away from her craddles!

Archived