IGNORED

Republican Debate 3 March

SpoonfulOSugar

I don't watch politics.  Among other things, it's not good for my blood pressure.  I usually read lots of articles and analysis.  Occasionally, I may watch a snippet.

But the reports about last night's debate just.  WOW.

Did we really have candidates for President on a national forum talking about the size of their penii?

And did Donald Trump actually brag that he would force members of the US military to violate the Geneva Convention?

http://www.newyorker.com/news/amy-davidson/donald-trump-and-an-even-cruder-g-o-p-debate

I'm not sure whether to bang my head into a wall or vomit.

I know that pre-convention, candidates are always playing the "I'm more qualified than you" game, trading barbs left and right, and then end up supporting the eventual nominee, but the Republicans have really taken this to a whole new level of vitriol. They've called Trump a liar, a buffoon, a hothead, a bully, a person with no political experience, who changes his mind like other people change their underwear, whose plans don't make any sense--in short, someone with zero qualifications to lead the free world and have ramped up the attacks on him in an attempt to derail his campaign. Yet, when asked if they'll support him if he's the eventual nominee, the response is YES?!? Clearly, the most important thing here is REPUBLICAN. The fact that he could do irreparable harm to the country, eh. Not so much. 

Save us all…

I just . . . . 

I just . . . . 

Among other things, I think about conservative Christians.  Not even evangelicals (but certainly them) but just the average, genuine faithful.

And THAT is the discussion?

I have no idea how anyone can straight-faced say, "Yes, I would support him," at this point.

And yet he's often (in the states that have voted so far) running away with every single demographic including evangelicals. 

I didn't watch - but the headlines and social media today are such that my primary vote thoughts have been tossed out the window.  I'm unaffiliated living in a state with open primaries.   I was going to vote for someone other than Trump on the republican side.  Not any more.  I can't support this moronic behavior.  

Trump indeed stated that if he told the military to, they would commit war crimes under his orders. I was flabbergasted when he said that.

He also said he has a big penis. So...

Analysis with some of the Twitter world's comments:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2016/03/04/daily-202-last-night-s-debate-was-a-disaster-for-the-republican-brand/56d8fb8c981b92a22d67e91a/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_powerpost-930a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

33 minutes ago, heidi said:

Trump indeed stated that if he told the military to, they would commit war crimes under his orders. I was flabbergasted when he said that.

He also said he has a big penis. So...

I cannot believe that's not the headline on every paper this morning.  To me, that's the most egregious comment for some time.  (I know, he has other clangers, but this one hits me hard.)

1 minute ago, clueliss said:

Of course not - the headline getter is the penis stuff.  

Well, that was infantile.  Or sophomoric.

I get it, everyone likes to titter about that.

Bragging about torture - that SHOULD make all of us squirm, gag, vomit . . . . 

4 minutes ago, tropaka said:

and in less than 24 hours Trump has backtracked on the torture comments:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/politics/donald-trump-reverses-on-torture/index.html

You know, it makes me sad, but I don't believe him.

I would not work for him, and I do not trust him.  I cannot imagine him having the nuclear codes.

Trump makes me gag and it scares me what could happen planet-wise with him as president.  Cruz and Rubio are only marginally better, but still extremely scary, considering how they like to play schoolboy games with Trump on the national stage.  I don't understand why Kasich doesn't get more votes in the primaries.  He's the only one who explains his plans with actual detail, not just wild generalizations..

Archived