IGNORED

One Place Lina Is Getting her BS From

Guest Member456

Guest Anonymous

She linked this site on her "AJ N Paulina" facebook page, and talked about how she wanted to spend all day perusing it.

I could spend all day on the Breslev site {www.breslev.co.il}! -Paulina

Here's a gem!

Just ask any therapist who has been around for a while – the severity of mental illness in the world has sunk to an unprecedented low - There has likewise been a steady decline in the overall mental health of people seeking psychotherapy. Today, there are disorders listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manuel of Mental Disorders that we didn’t even have names for years ago - The internet alone is driving multitudes of people into unspeakably bizarre forms of insanity that no one could have anticipated. We are living in a nightmarish world where a million people a year are being murdered by their own hand – that’s about one every 40 seconds – and the truth is – that without emuna – we therapists don’t have a clue of what to do about it.

We are living in a Sodomite-world that is so flooded with increasing crime, murder, terrorism and the threat of nuclear war – while the atheist movement, spearheaded by very learned and renowned academics in psychology, and other fields continues to thrive – blaming G-d rather than themselves for the mess they have made of the world.

http://www.breslev.co.il/articles/famil ... ge=english

Psychology is bad and useless, therapists have no idea how to help people who are suicidal, Freud is still the authority on everything, God cures mental illness, and atheists blame God (how do you blame something if you don't think it exists?) for the state of the world. What the hell is this bullshit I don't even!?!

If Lina is spending all of her time reading this tripe it probably explains why she is currently writing crap like this on her blog, though.

With emunah (complete faith in Hashem) and bitachon (trust in Hashem) a person simply can't get depressed.

Lina, that is a bucketful of wrong. Lots of faithful Christians and Jews benefit from their trust in God and assistance from mental health care professionals. Both are okay. You can get help if you need it. Help is out there, therapy and meds can absolutely be life saving.

I will be sure to tell my husband all the young men that just came back from the gulf he is treating are actually fine. They do NOT have PTSD or other mental health diagnosis,they are faking. All they need to do is pray! Of course, he should have thought of it, maybe he can start that in tomorrows group therapy?

As much as I want to throttle Lina, I do genuinely worry for her and I think that's part of the reason I'm obsessed with her blog. It's like in the moments before a bad accident happens and you know what's about to take place but you can't stop it, so all you do is watch.

Beeks -- ITA. Almost like Emily -- At some points I felt like FJers were watching her kids more than she was. It feels like LIna's folks must either be 1) not paying any attention or 2) are weary of her shenanigans.

Guest Anonymous
As much as I want to throttle Lina, I do genuinely worry for her and I think that's part of the reason I'm obsessed with her blog. It's like in the moments before a bad accident happens and you know what's about to take place but you can't stop it, so all you do is watch.

Beeks -- ITA. Almost like Emily -- At some points I felt like FJers were watching her kids more than she was. It feels like LIna's folks must either be 1) not paying any attention or 2) are weary of her shenanigans.

I agree with you two - I meant to express both WTF? and concern in my original post, but I don't always communicate as clearly as I intend to. :oops:

I think Lina is a tacky mess. I also think that she has issues with anxiety and possibly depression that could be improved if she got appropriate counseling/medication/help in general. Not to mention that I'm scared for her as she prepares to put herself under TT's extremely dubious headship.

Ugh - that article. I'm ashamed to share a profession with that guy. He makes a few good points (community/social support is very important to mental health, psychotherapy is expensive), but other than that, it's mostly bunk.

It makes sense that fundies would be into Freud, though - he was just as obsessed with sex as they are.

Archived