IGNORED

Duggar Spin Off?

Nothing2CHere

The Manzo boys got a web series that only lasted about 2 episodes. They did do a crossover on Millionaire Matchmaker though.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think, considering Boob and Mullet were 17 and 19 when they got hitched, TLC was assuming a similar standard for the Duggar offspring. If that was the case, Josh/Jana/John-David/Jessa/Jinger would all be married now and Josiah would possibly be courting. However Michelle can't do without her J'Slaves so they're all still at home and the material is starting to dry up.

I think, considering Boob and Mullet were 17 and 19 when they got hitched, TLC was assuming a similar standard for the Duggar offspring. If that was the case, Josh/Jana/John-David/Jessa/Jinger would all be married now and Josiah would possibly be courting. However Michelle can't do without her J'Slaves so they're all still at home and the material is starting to dry up.

I agree the Duggars show material is drying up. I have a feeling if courtship happens it will be with J.D. or maybe Jana. If one of the girls starts courting and ends up marrying, Joy Anna will be forced to become a J'Slave.

You know, maybe Jinger or Jessa will start courting. They're roughly the same age Jimboob and Ofjimboob were when they married, right? Or maybe they'll just get the fuck out of there and co-write a tell-all. Or organize a rebellion, though that would be very difficult.

The next duggar spin off will be on LOGO when one of the J'kids gets busted for making out with a same sex person at an ATI/Homeskool Kamp and get sent away for retraining. They will run away and get their own show to encourage other gay teens to break free and be themselves.

... I've seen a lot of ads for Dina's Party and I'm still not quite sure what it's about.

Was that the weird show my roommate and I watched over the weekend where a woman turned someone's house into a prom for 40 somethings? It was bizarre and we couldn't figure out why someone would want to attend prom twice.

The next duggar spin off will be on LOGO when one of the J'kids gets busted for making out with a same sex person at an ATI/Homeskool Kamp and get sent away for retraining. They will run away and get their own show to encourage other gay teens to break free and be themselves.

Who do you think it'll be? My money's on Josiah or Joy-Anna amongst the oldest lot...

We can only hope and pray.

Who do you think it'll be? My money's on Josiah or Joy-Anna amongst the oldest lot...

I don't think it will be Josiah. Lately he has started to have a smug fundie prince attitude. I think it will be Joy-Anna as the first one to break away from the family.

Was that the weird show my roommate and I watched over the weekend where a woman turned someone's house into a prom for 40 somethings? It was bizarre and we couldn't figure out why someone would want to attend prom twice.

Yep, that was Dina's Party. I like a lot of shows on HGTV, but I think I can skip this one.

I think they may have been thrown a curve by Zach Bates! Think of the ratings if he'd married one of the fab four! They could have lived in TN and we could have seen them with HIS family AND the Duggars in Arkansas. Now, of course, this maybe could still happen with Jinger and one of the Cowboys, but I'm not counting on that.

Maybe Zach & his bride can do a "pickin' and grin'in'" video each week?

Maybe they'll follow the elder kids--Josh's super boring car lot not so much, but the grandkids are at a cute stage and then we could see John & his sisters rushing out to trailer fires or John towning cars with Josiah along to learn to be manly or something.

I don't think it will be Josiah. Lately he has started to have a smug fundie prince attitude. I think it will be Joy-Anna as the first one to break away from the family.

My money is on Joy. I hate to speculate on the sexuality of a child, but she's more than just a tom boy...

My money is on Joy. I hate to speculate on the sexuality of a child, but she's more than just a tom boy...

I kind of wonder about that too. I have seen people on other sites speculate about too. I have seen some speculation on Josiah's sexuality too.

I think the most likely Duggar spin-off is a show about the Bates family.

I think it would be a boring show, since in general they seem to have even less personality than the Duggars, but I still think TLC would try it.

The Bateses have stated a few times in the past that they don't want a show, but I wouldn't be surprised if Gil and Kelly would agree to it for money.

The only spin-off that I could see is if one or more of them leave. The show could be called Leaving Duggarville.

I think the most likely Duggar spin-off is a show about the Bates family.

I think it would be a boring show, since in general they seem to have even less personality than the Duggars, but I still think TLC would try it.

Kelly Bates recently said on her blog that they've turned down TV offers because her kids actually DO SCHOOL during the school year. They only travel to places in which they can get to and back before school on Monday (other than Big Sandy, of course). Oh, Kelly, those pesky details. I guess she could defend that as being a "homeschool conference," but we all know better.

I honestly cannot see the Bates having a show of their own. Maybe a couple of tv specials each year so they don't have to live off Lawson's money but no way are they interesting enough for a weekly series.

I honestly cannot see the Bates having a show of their own. Maybe a couple of tv specials each year so they don't have to live off Lawson's money but no way are they interesting enough for a weekly series.

They're probably well aware of this, too, especially if Kelly actually educates her kids.

I don't think any of the Duggar kids will actually leave the family home on their own, but I could see one of them possibly going to live with a married sibling- maybe Joy would go live with Jill after she's married in a few years.Of course, we don't know how Jim Bob and Michelle would take that...is there a rule in the Gothard lifestyle against living with siblings if their parents are still alive?No matter what, I really can't see any of the Duggar kids being as extreme as their parents, either to having that many kids, or totally adhering to the lifestyle.

I don't think any of the Duggar kids will actually leave the family home on their own, but I could see one of them possibly going to live with a married sibling- maybe Joy would go live with Jill after she's married in a few years.Of course, we don't know how Jim Bob and Michelle would take that...is there a rule in the Gothard lifestyle against living with siblings if their parents are still alive?No matter what, I really can't see any of the Duggar kids being as extreme as their parents, either to having that many kids, or totally adhering to the lifestyle.

I can't see Jill and Jordyn being split up. Little J basically sees Jill as her mother and J'Chelle has described them as 'inseperable'. I don't know if any of the other buddy systems have created this kind of bond (does anyone know who buddys who?) but it wouldn't be surprising since they are practically raising those kids.

I can't see Jill and Jordyn being split up.

Isn't that Jennifer? Poor little Jordyn has no mama or papa; the visitors seem to love her and carry her about - Jon, the exchange, gun-toting boy, Today show guy, Amy's ex...

Archived