IGNORED

Voddie Baucham's Latest Adoption

hoipolloi

20 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

The original post said the baby is due at the end of February, so yes, an infant adoption. Domestic just means the child is from the US (or a current citizen, children adopted from foreign countries that are readopted are still considered domestic). A domestic adoption can be private or through the state's foster system. 

They are not adopting through the foster system, and I'd guess, as I said above, their home study is through a private adoption agency.

Oops didn't see that. I wonder how did they get an infant though? Infant adoption is very competitive some agencies won't allow a family to adopt if they have a certain number of kids already or aren't infertile. But I guess money talks. 

I think in agency adoption, the birth parents still choose the adoptive parents if they want? i thought someone said earlier that this would be a birth sibling to one of their children. So maybe that is how they get around any of those rules. 

1 hour ago, Toothfairy said:

Is this domestic adoption? Meaning adoption if an infant. I know some people hide shit but foster care takes stuff like this very seriously. 

It's a pre-birth agency match for an infant, not a foster care adoption. The agency is probably aware.

I remember reading Vodie saying that they have never had to seek out adoption after the first time. They just keep their home study current and people call them about babies. That is not unusual. Some babies are considered hard to place. Most white couples are not open to adopting black or mixed race babies, and African Americans typically don't seek out adoption. I think it is his race that puts him at the top of the list. I know some other families who have adopted several infants with no wait times because they were willing to take mixed race or other wise "less than perfect" babies, down syndrome, babies of parents with mental illness or low iq, health issues etc. All those things make them hard to place or even "unadoptable". 

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the adoption is off because the birth mother has decided to keep the child. 

Please pray for us as we ride the adoption roller coaster. The baby was born later than expected (March 7th), and there's been a twist... the birthmother decided to parent. In other words, there will be no adoption.  This is bittersweet since 1) We are always happy to see families whole, and want to see birthmothers parent whenever possible, yet 2) We also know that this particular decision is being motivated by reasons that are "less-than-desirable."  Of course, I cannot share much, but what I can say is that our hearts are breaking as we endeavor to trust the Lord, both in terms of not understanding why all of this has happened the way it has, and in terms of our next steps.

Meanwhile, Voddie's off to Russia and ACU has been registered by the Zambian government to operate as an institution of higher learning. :my_huh:

I hope the "less than desirable" reasons include "I googled your name and found a billion pages of bloviation about how you beat the evil out of little kids and wish you could stone your daughters (metaphorically, of course!) and thought nuh-uh."

Except they already have adopted one of her children so she must know how they are...I wonder if she is in a precarious situation and instead of helping her, they want to adopt her baby.

We also know that this particular decision is being motivated by reasons that are "less-than-desirable."

While there may be dynamics in the relationship that they haven't shared, this really isn't theirs to judge. The mother has the right to parent her child, and she doesn't owe them a reason that they find acceptable. It's her baby, not theirs, until/unless she terminates her rights. If she's in a difficult situation that would make parenting tenuous, I hope someone is reaching out to her with help and support.

I don't necessarily fault them for being concerned about the child depending on what's going on, and at least they acknowledged that birth families shouldn't be unnecessarily separated, but I think their attitude of entitlement could still use some work.

Archived