IGNORED

KARMA: Conservative Group’s Plan To Sabotage LGBTQ Dance Hilariously Backfires

doggie

got to love when hate backfires.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/02/18/karma-conservative-groups-plan-to-sabotage-lgbtq-dance-hilariously-backfires-imagevideo/

Thanks to a conservative group that tried to ruin an organized dance for LGBTQ teens, thousands of dollars were raised so those very teens could have the night of their lives.

The Australian Same Sex Gender Diverse Formal is an annual gala hosted by Minus 18 for LGBTQ teenagers, giving them a place to feel safe and at home without the ridicule that might happen at most school dances. Minus 18 wrote on the event page:

“Imagine being told by your school that the clothes you feel comfortable wearing to a formal aren’t considered ‘normal’ or don’t conform to a dress code. Imagine not being allowed to take a partner of the same sex, or being too afraid to attend altogether.”

It isn’t unusual for LGBTQ teens to be bullied or banned when they try to bring a same-sex date or wear attire that doesn’t satisfy strict gender norms. The Formal is a place where teens can be themselves and feel comfortable wearing whatever with whomever, without worrying that others will take issue with it. Knowing just how important LGBTQ events are, Minus 18 was also crowdfunding for any students who couldn’t afford their $40 tickets to the dance.

Unfortunately, some people just can’t let others be. The Stop Safe Schools Coalition, a conservative group of bigots that go out of their way to ruin schools and groups that “foster safe and inclusive environments for same-sex attracted, intersex, and gender diverse students, staff and families,” decided to try and ruin the gala.

The-Stop-Safe-Schools-Coalition.jpg.png

So, they were actually buying tickets FOR the kids they wanted to prevent having a dance? I didn't read the article, but I kind of don't understand fully.  

19 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

So, they were actually buying tickets FOR the kids they wanted to prevent having a dance? I didn't read the article, but I kind of don't understand fully.  

right the tickets were a gofundme thing. so they helped not hurt.

Obviously the people who came up with that absolutely brilliant idea believe that if you throw enough money at something, it will go away.

"Evil" will always triumph because "good" is dumb. SOURCE

This sounds like a win-win situation: the kids have a larger budget for their fun event, and the bigots lose their money! :D 

On 2/18/2016 at 5:07 PM, QuiverDance said:

Yeah, they thought they were buying up a finite number of tickets, so none would be left for the kids. (Kind of stupid even if they were buying tickets, since the organizers would have figured out that many of the buyers were not actually going to attend.) Instead, they gave money to a gofundme page set up to buy tickets for kids who couldn't afford them. Because of that, the organizers were able to include so many kids, they had to find a bigger venue.

11 minutes ago, Quiverless said:

Yeah, they thought they were buying up a finite number of tickets, so none would be left for the kids. (Kind of stupid even if they were buying tickets, since the organizers would have figured out that many of the buyers were not actually going to attend.) Instead, they gave money to a gofundme page set up to buy tickets for kids who couldn't afford them. Because of that, the organizers were able to include so many kids, they had to find a bigger venue.

we always knew haters are not the brightest now we have proof. 

Dear haters,

You live in Australia, home of the platypus. Do you really think God cares about what people wear?

I was alarmed to read this happened here in Aus.

Then I saw the hate group was in Victoria and it all made a lot more sense. Unfortunately, there are a few nasty groups there.

Generally Australians mind their own business even if they're bigotted assholes. In some ways it's a blessing (don't have to worry about people taking offense every time you open your mouth) and in other ways it's a curse (the level of casual sexism and racism because nobody wants to be that person who tells people to be more respectful).

Archived