IGNORED

Self identified pedophile speaks out against gay rights, is housed by church

artdecades

So this florida church buses a group of people to a Jacksonville, FL City Council meeting to protest the city's Human Rights Ordinance. One man, Roy Bay, speaks about being an ex-gay and admits to molesting children. He is cheered and applauded by others at the meeting.  Oh, and he lives/lived on church property and worked for them.

This whole thing seems very similar to Doug Wilson's pet pedophile

http://gawker.com/self-proclaimed-pedophile-argues-against-human-rights-o-1752823012

http://gawker.com/self-proclaimed-pedophile-who-argued-against-jacksonvil-1753196352

http://floridapolitics.com/archives/198465-who-is-roy-bay-and-why-does-it-matter

glad the police are looking into his past. bad the church thinks he is fine. Like now he is not gay so his past is no big deal. this is something I really hate about how forgiving christians can be sometimes. 

It's the same sort of logic that the Duggars use when they decide that all transgendered people are pedophiles. It's at the very least severe ignorance, but most likely plain old bigotry. 

36 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

The trouble is not that he's gay, the trouble is that he is a criminal and a child molester. 

I think in the churches eyes it is the other way around.

5 minutes ago, doggie said:

I think in the churches eyes it is the other way around.

As long as he was molesting the "right" gender of children, I guess. Yet another time the "no hate speech" rule is extremely difficult to follow on this site. I suppose I'll just go with the following: I hope, pastors at this church, that you are right in saying there is a heaven full of eternal glory, and there is hell filled with eternal damnation. And I hope I am right in my assumption of which direction you will be heading.

WTF??? I do not understand why fundies rate being gay and cheating on a spouse higher on the sin-o-meter than sexual abuse.  

10 minutes ago, PsyD2013 said:

WTF??? I do not understand why fundies rate being gay and cheating on a spouse higher on the sin-o-meter than sexual abuse.  

They probably think this guy was "delivered from sin" by Jesus once he accepted him as his "personal savior," so whatever he did before doesn't count. This also explains why so many white fundegelicals were more offended by Joshley Madison than the molesting scandal, although Josh said on his web site that he was "saved" at seven or eight, so I don't see how he can pull the "I wasn't saved then" card.

16 minutes ago, PsyD2013 said:

Being gay is a choice (to them), but cheating and sexually abusing someone is your sex drive! Can't control your sex drive! 

58 minutes ago, twinmama said:

Being gay is a choice (to them), but cheating and sexually abusing someone is your sex drive! Can't control your sex drive! 

If you can't control your sex drive, why CAN you control who said sex drive is activated by?  :pb_rollseyes:

3 minutes ago, Shoobydoo said:

If you can't control your sex drive, why CAN you control who said sex drive is activated by?  :pb_rollseyes:

Shhhhhh. You can't understand the complexities of it all with your feeble woman-brain. 

14 hours ago, Mrsaztx said:

Shhhhhh. You can't understand the complexities of it all with your feeble woman-brain. 

or with your heathen corrupted brain

I can't believe what I read. Furthermore, I can't believe that people actually think that "praying the sin away" will cause the behavior to stop. This guy is a flat out charlatan, and he has duped a whole lot of people. Wait till one of their kids gets molested and see how quickly they toss him out. Hope it doesn't happen, but..

22 hours ago, PsyD2013 said:

Because Fundies buy into the idea that the victims caused their own abuse. The little girls and boys were asking for it. Fundies sexualize children to the point of finding fault with a toddler for showing their knees or a quick glimpse of their collarbones. 

19 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I can't believe what I read. Furthermore, I can't believe that people actually think that "praying the sin away" will cause the behavior to stop. This guy is a flat out charlatan, and he has duped a whole lot of people. Wait till one of their kids gets molested and see how quickly they toss him out. Hope it doesn't happen, but..

Sadly it will be the children's fault for seducing him not the other way about. 

Archived