IGNORED

Fundie wife needs your $ to fight homosexual agenda

Black Aliss

Her husband came out, divorced her, and, well, health hath no fury like a woman scorned.  So she set up a crowdfunding site to help her keep up the legal battle (which her attorney does not want to participate in) to keep her children from visiting their father, and to help her out with day-to-day expenses.

Her side of the story here: http://americansfortruth.com/2015/10/21/victim-of-homosexualism-jennifer-coutlees-husband-of-17-years-embraces-homosexual-lifestyle-she-fights-to-protect-children/

Snarky version here: http://wonkette.com/595381/help-my-husband-is-a-homosexual-i-can-have-gofundme-bigot-bucks-now

Really confusion plea from the wife.

Taking it at face value, they both have issues.  

She has mental illness (overdose).

According to her, he's awful about the kids and to the kids.

Conclusion - its a nasty divorce, with either two messed up people or one really messed up one .  She's using the gay thing to try and get money & attention (and possibly a new pro bono lawyer), but its not really that relevant.   I'm not sure that she would have handled this differently had it been a women instead of a man (though she may be fundy enough to submit and blame herself).

Final conclusion

Those kids need:romance-grouphug:

And :pray: that this divorce won't mess them up too much

:(

Ugh, I really hope those kids have an awesome extended family who will be the real support they need with crazy for parents.

I have a certain amount of sympathy for any person who has realized that their spouse has been leading a double life and cheating. But this is just a blatant grab for cash, and the sad thing is that I bet there will be a bunch of misguided fundies who will be sending her money. What this woman should be learning from her situation is that heterosexual marriage is not "magic" and will not turn a gay person straight. Rather than "fight the homosexual agenda," she needs to focus on her children and improving her financial situation in a legit manner.

It seems like what she's a victim of is homophobia. In a better world her husband would have been able to be with a man from the beginning and she could have married a man who was actually attracted to her.

Lady, the worse thing you can do is keep your children from their father. Oh, and your a homophobe.

This is a total mess. As a child of divorced parents, I think the worst thing you can do is drag your kids' other parent through the mud. What happened to her was massively horrible but that's no reason to turn her ex into Satan incarnate. I feel so sorry for those kids. 

It bugs me when people use crowd sourcing for this.  Last summer we had a young woman get gunned down at the mall in Coralville.  Afterwards her friends started a campaign on GoFundMe to help this young woman's family with the final expenses they suddenly found themselves facing, and enough people donated so that the family was able to give her a good funeral.  That's what these crowd sourcing sites are meant for.  Or for people who have a business idea but lack the funds to go forward.  Not to enrich people who want to play the poor put upon martyr.

I have a certain amount of sympathy for any person who has realized that their spouse has been leading a double life and cheating. But this is just a blatant grab for cash, and the sad thing is that I bet there will be a bunch of misguided fundies who will be sending her money. What this woman should be learning from her situation is that heterosexual marriage is not "magic" and will not turn a gay person straight. Rather than "fight the homosexual agenda," she needs to focus on her children and improving her financial situation in a legit manner.

I think when people divorce children should be eased into any new relationship the spouse gets into whether it be a gay relationship or a hetero. It has to be complicated and messy and confusing for the kids no matter what. Its amazing she has the energy and fortitude to fight the gay agenda in such difficult and confusing times for those kids.

Can somebody please tell me what the gay agenda is? I keep asking but nobody will tell me.

Gay people and their agendas.

I think when people divorce children should be eased into any new relationship the spouse gets into whether it be a gay relationship or a hetero. It has to be complicated and messy and confusing for the kids no matter what. Its amazing she has the energy and fortitude to fight the gay agenda in such difficult and confusing times for those kids.

Can somebody please tell me what the gay agenda is? I keep asking but nobody will tell me.

Gay people and their agendas.

As far as I can tell, "the gay agenda" means convincing society that being LGBT is a normal human variation, and that various government institutions, such as schools, legislative bodies, and the courts should reinforce this view in the way they do business. For example, schools should teach that being gay is normal and discourage anti-gay bullying, legislative bodies should pass laws that forbid discrimination based on sexual orientation, and courts should strike down laws that enforce said discrimination. However, if you're a religious conservative and believe that homosexuality is a bad choice at best and a sign of social decadence and decline at worst, this "agenda" is very threatening, especially if you want to teach your own children that homosexuality is a sin and should never be tolerated.

Let's see. What did this debauched couple do this week...hmm...

Monday: Take spouse to doctor's appointment; then buy tacos afterwards because we didn't have time to cook.

Tuesday: Make frozen pizza for spouse and self, so that she has food to take to her part-time shift.

Wednesday: Dinner together, gym.

Thursday: Get trade-in car from dealership; run to supermarket to buy cheese and salsa for crockpot taco dinner.

Friday: Spouse stays late for work happy hour; go on "friend date," with bestie.

As far as I can tell, "the gay agenda" means convincing society that being LGBT is a normal human variation, and that various government institutions, such as schools, legislative bodies, and the courts should reinforce this view in the way they do business. For example, schools should teach that being gay is normal and discourage anti-gay bullying, legislative bodies should pass laws that forbid discrimination based on sexual orientation, and courts should strike down laws that enforce said discrimination. However, if you're a religious conservative and believe that homosexuality is a bad choice at best and a sign of social decadence and decline at worst, this "agenda" is very threatening, especially if you want to teach your own children that homosexuality is a sin and should never be tolerated.

So basically common sense and logic verses hatred. got it.

I know this is not The Point, but does she really expect anyone to believe her nonsense about how she just woke up in the hospital and doctors were just "telling her" she swallowed a bunch of pills? Please also notice how her friend Diana was by her bedside when she woke up from her not-suicide-attempt, but by the end of the paragraph, Mean Gay Husband did not call her friends to let them know she was in the hospital.

First on the agenda: Froofy cocktails.

Last on the agenda: Mass debauchery.

Can I stay for both, even though I'm not gay? It sounds like a great party to me!

Let's see. What did this debauched couple do this week...hmm...

Monday: Take spouse to doctor's appointment; then buy tacos afterwards because we didn't have time to cook.

Tuesday: Make frozen pizza for spouse and self, so that she has food to take to her part-time shift.

Wednesday: Dinner together, gym.

Thursday: Get trade-in car from dealership; run to supermarket to buy cheese and salsa for crockpot taco dinner.

Friday: Spouse stays late for work happy hour; go on "friend date," with bestie.

Cleary, the gay agenda involves tacos somehow. :pb_wink:

So shoot me, we like them and they're easy to make. In fact, does anyone want my chicken recipe?

1 pound whatever frozen chicken (breasts, tenderloins, really any cut)

1 cup salsa. Strength and brand up to you.

Taco seasoning/Southwest seasoning/other spices to taste.

SPRAY THE POT WITH PAM OR YOU WILL HATE CLEANUP. 

Throw everything in together, stir, cook for 4 hours on high or 6 on medium. Crush/shred with fork and stir when finished, eat.

Uh, I don't even know where to start.
I just hope her oldest daughter is safe and can have access to her father. Younger kids too, of course, but being in your teens, questioning your sexuality and living with that kind mother doesn't sound fun. At all.

Phooey.  I'm not crazy about tacos.  Guess I can't convert. :pb_lol:

Archived