IGNORED

Anyone know what's going on with the Muncks?

Seven Severn

Laura hasn't blogged since January. We know she had twin girls in Dec. Her married daughter Amanda was pregnant and has long since had the kid if everything went well. Did she move blogs? Anyone know what's going on?

I'm hoping she is just busy. Seems kind of strange to go to the trouble of redoing the blog to only make a couple of posts.

Besides the babies, I think they were still working on getting the house ready to move into.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's just general busyness and nothing has gone horribly wrong. Even though they have some awful beliefs/ideas, they're not as rigid as lots of others and seem to be genuinely fun-loving.

I have no idea. I was actually just thinking about them the other day and wondering the same thing. I believe Arthur's brother passed away earlier this year, sadly. I hope all is well with them.

I have also been thinking about them. I was wondering what is going on with Elizabeth -- they must have some prospects for her, right?? maybe she is in college or something?

I have also been thinking about them. I was wondering what is going on with Elizabeth -- they must have some prospects for her, right?? maybe she is in college or something?

Whatever she is doing now is probably a hell of a lot better than being Mrs. Joseph Maxwell.

I see the muncks comment on things on Instagram but their own are private. Amanda had the baby, I posted the pic. They seem fine. The other girls hung out with some old fundie friends. All the girls wear pants on a regular basis now.

I meant to do a post on Amanda's husband's family, the Burkes. Joe has a twin brother and he recently married a girl named Amanda. So there are two Amanda Burkes and they're married to twins, Joe and Josh. She's baptist, from CA, and a Pacific Islander (I think Fiji?). They're intetrsting. Anyhow, Joe Burke has two sisters who look like Mennonites, one had a head covering I had never seen. All the married Burkes, of which there are many, moved to different states and are spread all over, far from home, don't know why. Anyhow, that's all on a flash drive from my last computer so I'll work on that. At the very least I know you all must love a good head covering as much as I do.

Whatever she is doing now is probably a hell of a lot better than being Mrs. Joseph Maxwell.

Yes she would. Imagine if she married him. She could probably have a couple kids by now.

I see the muncks comment on things on Instagram but their own are private. Amanda had the baby, I posted the pic. They seem fine. The other girls hung out with some old fundie friends. All the girls wear pants on a regular basis now.

I meant to do a post on Amanda's husband's family, the Burkes. Joe has a twin brother and he recently married a girl named Amanda. So there are two Amanda Burkes and they're married to twins, Joe and Josh. She's baptist, from CA, and a Pacific Islander (I think Fiji?). They're intetrsting. Anyhow, Joe Burke has two sisters who look like Mennonites, one had a head covering I had never seen. All the married Burkes, of which there are many, moved to different states and are spread all over, far from home, don't know why. Anyhow, that's all on a flash drive from my last computer so I'll work on that. At the very least I know you all must love a good head covering as much as I do.

Do these girls have a blog or facebook? The headcovering fundies are always highly interesting for me.

I think about the Munck's a lot too. I really enjoyed following her blog. Toward the end, it appeared that they were distancing themselves from extreme Fundie.

I'm sure the birth of the twins a year after the birth of the other baby has made things very busy.

They pretty much live off the grid now that they are on the farm and last I heard, they had some of the new/old farm house renovated but I imagine they have a long way to go to get it all done. I would love to know how all the kids are doing. Last I remember, there were some pictures of them from Disneyworld.

Do these girls have a blog or facebook? The headcovering fundies are always highly interesting for me.

None of them have a blog, just facebooks. Here is the wedding website that shows the four sisters' pics

theknot.com/wedding/view/5511484771845761/45306815

Also has a pic of Joe and Amanda with the baby

there are ten Burke kids, some are still little.

The one who head covers is Kaeley Witt. In that pic she has it on but you can't see it because it's in the back. I think she's married so let me find the facebook. Here:

facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006252766145&tsid=0.12007385701872408&source=typeahead

If you go to her husband, Noah witts, page, you can see his family head covers like with bandanas and the guys have beards. I have to find the photographers fb that has kaeleys head covering pic.

Yes she would. Imagine if she married him. She could probably have a couple kids by now.

Liz dodged a major bullet and I always wonder if the experience with the Maxwells got the family to rethink going more fundie. It seems at the very least, they haven't descended into fundieland any further. That's good.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in Maxhell when Liz cancelled that wedding. Who would thought that such an ungodly, worldly young woman (in Steveovah's words) would have dealt such a big narcissistic injury to the Great Lord of Leavenworth, KS.

Liz dodged a major bullet and I always wonder if the experience with the Maxwells got the family to rethink going more fundie. It seems at the very least, they haven't descended into fundieland any further. That's good.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall in Maxhell when Liz cancelled that wedding. Who would thought that such an ungodly, worldly young woman (in Steveovah's words) would have dealt such a big narcissistic injury to the Great Lord of Leavenworth, KS.

She most deffently dodged a bullet.

Does Amanda (Munck) do head covering now or do you you think her husband has different beliefs than his family?

It doesn't look like she's gone in that direction. And her husband's twin is just a regular guy. He and his wife are baptists, she's a SAHW, but wears pants sometimes and board shorts at the beach and has a ton of normal friends. I wish I had pics of Amanda munck at the wedding but I remember I never did find any.

To clarify, it appears that Amanda Muncks husbands SISTER married into the head covering fanily (ie went more fundie). Although the Burkes seem pretty darn fundie themselves.

Ok here is the album taken by Amanda Munck's sister in law, and it contains pics of Joe's sisters, including the one with the head cap.

facebook.com/estherlaelphotography/photos_stream?ref=page_internal

What kind of cap is this (like, is this associated with a specific sect)?

10628546_1493558997553085_5271309210172195946_n.jpg?oh=344d63c74da00f324610720954d5580d&oe=568F69EA

Wow those people move quickly.

On August 16th 2014, Noah posted on Facebook that he is "dating/courting" (his words) Kaeley Burke.

On August 31st 2015, Noah posted on Facebook that he is "a Papa". With a pic of Kaeley and new baby Vera Lynn Abigail Witt.

12 months. From "dating/courting" to having a baby. No messing around with waiting there...

Muncks are nice, but Elizabeth is a sistermom and I highly doubt she's encouraged to study/work other than in the family Business. Plus she's the teacher of her brother who has down syndrome. Laura said she couldn't teach him, and Elizabeth did better. Probably Muncks didn't like Maxwells when they knew better but a part of me thinks that mom was happy to end the courtship, because Elizabeth was very useful at home.

They are living in a farm now so I'm afraid they're more isolated. I just hope that Elizabeth and Amanda can have their own room and not to share with the little ones (in the old home, all girls shared a room. Twenty years old with two years old).

Laura Munck seems to really enjoy little girls, but what about boys? What about eldest girls? I had the vibe that she is a bit like Michelle: "hey everybody look at me, I'm pregnant again". Of course Muncks are more lovely and bonded to the children (or at least, children are not neglected!).

Anyway, Muncks children cannot go to college, because their education appears to be weak. Laura doesn't write well, I'm not sure she can be a good teacher, plus how to teach a high level of Maths or Science if you don't have a degree? These children are trained to follow the family business (they're encouraged to study courses for that) and that's all. That's what I could understood in their blog. No college in mind.

Edit to clarify

They are living in a farm now so I'm afraid they're more isolated. I just hope that Elizabeth and Amanda can have their own room and not to share with the little ones (in the old home, all girls shared a room. Twenty years old with two years old).

Edit to clarify

FYI, Amanda was married a couple of years ago. She has a baby now.

FYI, Amanda was married a couple of years ago. She has a baby now.

Sorry, I was talking about the third girl, I don't know her name (the blonde one).

Rebekah. And then there are a ton of little ones.

I agree the Muncks would never support college or outside [of the family biz] jobs. I do like how they go to a real church and so they socialize a lot, and they go to theme parks and other fun places. I think Elizabeth realized she would be giving up a lot to get married, plus she would be moving out of state. I'll have to go back and re read the courtship threads. How much time did they even spend together as a couple? Anyhow, dodging a bullet is the understatement of the year. At least now she has a few other truly happily married couples that she knows and she can see how a real relationship develops.

While I fully support Elizabeth's escape from Maxhell, I sometimes worry that one of the reasons she called off the wedding was concern for her brother. I've always got the feeling that Elizabeth was responsible for a lot more than just his schooling, and that she also is the primary caregiver for him. If there was no one she felt comfortable turning him over to, she may not have felt comfortable leaving him.

Which is kind, but unfair. Another child is not an appropriate caregiver for a child with disabilities/special needs unless they freely chose this position as an independent adult. If the Munck parents do not do as well as Liz with her brother, then they need to find alternate arrangements. Not shove this on their daughter.

Archived