IGNORED

Anyone know what's going on with the Muncks?

Seven Severn

I don't know. I really think she balked at the reality of what being a Maxwell would mean, and so did her family. I don't think it's a coincidence that they seemed to hit the height of their fundieness during her engagement, and then went back to wearing pants, removing 'Quiver' from the blog name, Laura writing vague introspective posts about changing views, and so on.

Not that I wish it, but could you imagine Stevie's reaction if they had married, then she left Joe. Especially if they had a kid and she took him/her away.

I think Steve would just die. No amount of "spinning" could fix that.

I don't know. I really think she balked at the reality of what being a Maxwell would mean, and so did her family. I don't think it's a coincidence that they seemed to hit the height of their fundieness during her engagement, and then went back to wearing pants, removing 'Quiver' from the blog name, Laura writing vague introspective posts about changing views, and so on.

While no way to know exactly what Liz's reasons were, I also think she realized what life as a Maxwell would mean and backed out. The family seemed to be pretty enamored of the Maxwells while they were getting more fundie but I suspect that in dealing more closely with the family, and particularly Steveovah, in the process of wedding planning, they got a glimpse of what the family was really like. Liz, and the family in general, seem very fun loving and I suspected they ran up against the general "unfun-ness" of the Maxwells during the wedding planning.

While I fully support Elizabeth's escape from Maxhell, I sometimes worry that one of the reasons she called off the wedding was concern for her brother. I've always got the feeling that Elizabeth was responsible for a lot more than just his schooling, and that she also is the primary caregiver for him. If there was no one she felt comfortable turning him over to, she may not have felt comfortable leaving him.

Which is kind, but unfair. Another child is not an appropriate caregiver for a child with disabilities/special needs unless they freely chose this position as an independent adult. If the Munck parents do not do as well as Liz with her brother, then they need to find alternate arrangements. Not shove this on their daughter.

But that wouldn't explain Steve's negative comments about her at their conferences. He characterized her has "wild" and "ungodly" and that her father essentially lied about her being ready for marriage.

But that wouldn't explain Steve's negative comments about her at their conferences. He characterized her has "wild" and "ungodly" and that her father essentially lied about her being ready for marriage.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that "wild" (according to a Maxwell) refers to a person that has fun, and "ungodly" refers to a person who thinks about fun things. Guess the Maxwells weren't so enamored of Lord of the RIngs parties, and Liz wasn't so enamored of giving them up.

I remember Laura saying more than once that they didn't have internet at the farmhouse so maybe that's still true? She had found some way to post to the blog from the shop, but then once she had the twins, I'm guessing she wasn't going to the shop anymore. I miss her blog. I liked her, for a fundie.

Yeah, I don't think they have reliable internet based on old posts.

I also don't think they are any less fundie than they were; they just don't follow the Maxwells.

And by the other twin's new wife starts her bio off with a big ol' shout out to jesus so I doubt a few pairs of pants a "regular" Christian makes.

Women wearing pants does not mean what I think a lot of people on here thinks it means.

Yeah, I don't think they have reliable internet based on old posts.

I also don't think they are any less fundie than they were; they just don't follow the Maxwells.

And by the other twin's new wife starts her bio off with a big ol' shout out to jesus so I doubt a few pairs of pants a "regular" Christian makes.

Women wearing pants does not mean what I think a lot of people on here thinks it means.

You might be right about being "regular." My sense of normalcy has been warped by the Maxwells. By regular I mean they dress normally, go to a real church, have friends, go to movies, etc. They look like regular people, but yes, they have very conservative beliefs. I'm sure they will build up a homeschooled quiver to attend abortion protests.

I don't know who's saying that they're no longer fundie, but I'm definitely not. I do believe that they are less fundie than they were at the height of their Maxwell obsession, though. That doesn't mean they're suddenly 'regular' Christians, just that they're not as insane as the Maxwells.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, saw on facebook that New-Amanda (aka the one who got married to Joe's brother, Josh) is 3 months pregnant. And she writes that her mother in law is pregnant and due at the same time as her! That means Mrs. Burke has been birthing babies for, like, ever. So Amanda Munck Burke's daughter will have an aunt/uncle younger than her.

• 1 year later...

Hi. I'm bumping this page to ask if anyone has heard news about the Munck family lately? I liked Laura's old blog, but haven't heard from her in almost two years. I think many of us have a soft spot in our hearts for Elizabeth, since she dumped Joseph Maxwell!

• 1 year later...

Munck sisters Bekah and Elizabeth living on parents farm in storage buildings and barn?? Why are their husbands not building a house or put them in apartments? Do they live in same houses?? 

How many grandchildren do munck parents have?? Have all the married kids had children?? Who is married into the family?!! And are they fun diesas well

Hey @Quest123, I see that you’re a new member and I hope you’ll take a minute to look around at all the forum sections and get your bearings. The threads you’ve created might be better suited for another section...Community Discussion is for discussing issues or concerns within the FJ community. Quiver Full of Snark is for talking about “one off” families. If you have a specific question about a family, it might be worth using the search function to see if they are already being discussed. In this case, it looks like there a few Munck threads!

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/365-munck-family/

Archived