IGNORED

Corral Family Blog

nomoxian

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see if it lasts. They're not the first family to try to hitch their cart to the Maxwell's horse. Few of them seem to last. I know there was one blogger that FJ caught on to who tried it (one thing I remember was that she tried to force her teen daughter into skirts-only) but ended up bailing after a fairly short period of time. Such a severe change just isn't feasible for most folks.

It's sad how such young kids are being trained to sit quietly. I mean, kids have to learn to be quiet, but normal life (sitting to eat, sitting in the car or at school) teaches that. But making them sit for boring periods of time, doing nothing, is awful.

But the blogger (mum or dad?) is proud of this training.

On the fb page it looks as if mum and dad post alternately, so I'm guessing the blog will be the same way.

The dad's fb page includes lotsvof photos of fancy cars and good times, so I hope he plans to give up all that as part of his descent into Maxhell, and not just restrict the pain to his offspring. :evil:

And "God opens and closes the whom" sounds sort of Suessian.

Somebody's reading here, as that typo is now gone...

Anybody could have pointed those out though... they're kind of obvious to all but the writer at the time.

I imagine Steve will have shared his persecution woes with the Corrals, as part of the induction into Maxhell. Someone with his need for control will likely feel compelled to discuss our Satanic attacks with his sheeple, in order to frame us in the "correct" way before the Corrals find us themselves.

Anybody could have pointed those out though... they're kind of obvious to all but the writer at the time.

This dad could be a Maxwell protégé, perhaps? I'm sure Steve can offer spelling and grammar tips, gleaned from reading here.

Hi Steve :penguin-no:

The persecution criticism was too much to deal with.

SO I guess he thought he would be preaching to the choir on his public blog.

I will say since he has a real job he may have seen unfavorable comments as a reflection of how coworkers and clients might react.

On the fb page it looks as if mum and dad post alternately, so I'm guessing the blog will be the same way.

The dad's fb page includes lotsvof photos of fancy cars and good times, so I hope he plans to give up all that as part of his descent into Maxhell, and not just restrict the pain to his offspring. :evil:

That's interesting. It looks like they deleted the blog, that could be a good sign that they realized the suffocating side of the Maxwell's philosophy.

I hope for their sake that this family's detour into fundie land only lasts long enough to have brought them here to FreeJinger and other sites for eye-opening peeks behind the curtain to see honest problems with fundamentalism and extreme sheltering.

It sounds to me like a hard-working, caring dad ran into parenting struggles. :think: Guiding a child takes a lot out of parents, it would be tempting to think it could be made easier with extreme control. It won't be easier in the long run, unless the parents want children with no independent thought or autonomy to rise up through the dog-eat-dog ranks like he must have. And... honestly if he's a go-getter chances are his kids will be, too. And no high-achieving kid wants to be held back esp. if the extreme rules don't make sense. It's a recipe for rebellion and busting free when they reach the teens, and/or dying inside.

The Maxwells try to convince families that a calm balanced family life comes from sheltering. But it's completely possible to be loving, godly, and have well-adjusted children without being blocked off from the rest of society.

That's interesting. It looks like they deleted the blog, that could be a good sign that they realized the suffocating side of the Maxwell's philosophy.

I hope for their sake that this family's detour into fundie land only lasts long enough to have brought them here to FreeJinger and other sites for eye-opening peeks behind the curtain to see honest problems with fundamentalism and extreme sheltering.

It sounds to me like a hard-working, caring dad ran into parenting struggles. :think: Guiding a child takes a lot out of parents, it would be tempting to think it could be made easier with extreme control. It won't be easier in the long run, unless the parents want children with no independent thought or autonomy to rise up through the dog-eat-dog ranks like he must have. And... honestly if he's a go-getter chances are his kids will be, too. And no high-achieving kid wants to be held back esp. if the extreme rules don't make sense. It's a recipe for rebellion and busting free when they reach the teens, and/or dying inside.

The Maxwells try to convince families that a calm balanced family life comes from sheltering. But it's completely possible to be loving, godly, and have well-adjusted children without being blocked off from the rest of society.

The Maxwells always make me think of the song Stay With Me from Into the Woods.

Don't you know what's out there in the world?

Someone has to shield you from the world

Stay with me...

Princes wait there in the world, it's true

Princes, yes, but wolves and humans too

Stay at home, I am home

Who out there could love you more than I?

What out there that I could not supply?

And if you watch the musical or the movie, you quickly see that this philosophy backfires absolutely horribly.

SO I guess he thought he would be preaching to the choir on his public blog.

I will say since he has a real job he may have seen unfavorable comments as a reflection of how coworkers and clients might react.

Just for clarity, were there critical comments on the blog itself or are you regarding to the comments here?

Because I think if he read the comments here, I doubt he'd take heed of them. I'm sure Steve has warned him that there are demons on the internet that are eager to see him fail.

Just for clarity, were there critical comments on the blog itself or are you regarding to the comments here?

Because I think if he read the comments here, I doubt he'd take heed of them. I'm sure Steve has warned him that there are demons on the internet that are eager to see him fail.

I saw no negative comments on his blog. Now, I have no idea if people posted negative and he blocked them and decided it wasn't worth it, but -- to shut it down so fast seems odd, and he may not like the PR of being searchable on this and other simlar sites.

I saw no negative comments on his blog. Now, I have no idea if people posted negative and he blocked them and decided it wasn't worth it, but -- to shut it down so fast seems odd, and he may not like the PR of being searchable on this and other simlar sites.

Yes, you might be right. I noticed that he's still posting away on their facebook page, though. I definitely think he might've caught a whiff of negativity somewhere and shut it down. It might pop up again later.

YOu can ask for their website on their facebook page. Why exactly are they calling themselves "A Public Figure" on facebook?

Holy run on sentence!

With bonus typo!

Why is it always "We put our womb into God's hands"? Don't men have a responsibility to manage their penis in a godly fashion, too? As in eschewing extramarital sex, or sex just for fun instead of the serious business of procreation? Why don't we see testimonials of men who "put my penis into God's hands"? I hold this in my heart as a dear hope to see one day.

YOu can ask for their website on their facebook page. Why exactly are they calling themselves "A Public Figure" on facebook?

Not seeing them on FB. Private now?

Oh my god their Facebook is a goldmine.....

e66ed8fccb2ee3b3efdd968228099fc7.jpg

Is it usual to clean bibles before church? Or at any other time?

f948c1851d58af1264d1f1e5838afaa0.jpg

And they cleaned their ceiling fans before the Maxwells showed up!

There is also a video of Steve opening the Energise conference and one of Mary and Anna singing with the little Corral girls.

Does he not realize Steeeeeve would birth a cow if he saw his disciple in shorts?! :o

Archived