IGNORED

Corral Family Blog

nomoxian

The Corral family are what some may call friends of the Maxwells - though since Stevehova preaches against children having friends, I'm not sure what they would call them.

They have a brand new Family Blog (because of course everything has to include the whole family) which you can read here: corralfamilyblog.wordpress.com

One of the first entries is "Raising Holy Daughters in and [sic] Unholy World". Wonderful proofreading there!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We believe God opens and closes the whom and want to share our journey, both successes and failures, so maybe, just maybe, a parent somewhere will decide to put their womb in God’s hands, and have as many as He will bless them with.

Holy run on sentence!

With bonus typo!

One simple example is patience. I have pretty much be a laid back type of guy and thought I had patience, until I had kids. Say we need to get out the door for church, and there is an argument or obedience issue with the kids, I used to “bark†at them, take away the issue (if it was a physical issue like a toy) and tell them to get in the car. All with thinking the issue is resolved. Now through the Lord’s revealing, each time an “issue†presents itself, I am reminded that it’s an “opportunityâ€. An “opportunity†to nurture and train my kids in the Lord. This totally changes our mindset when going to our children to resolve a situation. Now, we may choose to be late to wherever we are going to fully address and resolve the situation (give discipline if needed).

Well I hope the other patients of the dentist who is going to be late for the rest of the day because they chose to be late are grateful that they used the time to nurture their kids in the Lord instead of respecting the dentist's time. (Why can't they preach the kids in the car on the way to wherever they're late from?)

"Putting my womb in God's hands" needs to be a new post count title

That sounds pretty kinky.

If it's in God's hands and an almighty being decides who will get pregnant and who will not, how does birth control or abstinence even work to prevent pregnancy and thwart his will? Shouldn't God be more powerful than some pills or not-having-sex?

The Corral family are what some may call friends of the Maxwells - though since Stevehova preaches against children having friends, I'm not sure what they would call them.

They have a brand new Family Blog (because of course everything has to include the whole family) which you can read here: corralfamilyblog.wordpress.com

One of the first entries is "Raising Holy Daughters in and [sic] Unholy World". Wonderful proofreading there!

Holy crap. They must read here. That typo is fixed!

They could have just noticed the typo on their own or someone they know pointed it out. But I do hope they read here as that would be more interesting!

Also, I wonder what would happen if God decided to open my womb. It was removed by a surgeon several years ago. :shock:

Also also -- if God wants us to have so many more people on the planet, why doesn't he make enough resources to support all those people? Or -- hey, here's an idea -- how about making enough resources to support the people who are already here? And maybe arrange for those resources to be distributed more equitably so that people don't kill each other over them? And maybe make soil healthy again and air and water unpolluted again? Doesn't he want His people to all be healthy?

:nenner:

They could have just noticed the typo on their own or someone they know pointed it out. But I do hope they read here as that would be more interesting!

Also, I wonder what would happen if God decided to open my womb. It was removed by a surgeon several years ago. :shock:

Also also -- if God wants us to have so many more people on the planet, why doesn't he make enough resources to support all those people? Or -- hey, here's an idea -- how about making enough resources to support the people who are already here? And maybe arrange for those resources to be distributed more equitably so that people don't kill each other over them? And maybe make soil healthy again and air and water unpolluted again? Doesn't he want His people to all be healthy?

:nenner:

I don't know about these folks specifically but I wouldn't be surprised if they subscribe to the ideology that tells them that Christians are more deserving of the earth's natural resources. And if their wish was fulfilled and the earth was completely populated by (their kind of) Christians, that God would provide. Kind of similar to the mindset of that pastor who claims only Christians are entitled to enjoy their sexuality because they understand the sanctity of it. Of course, that whole mindset ignores the whole "love thy neighbor" and "do unto others..." bit of the Bible but pish-posh! Doesn't matter to them as long as they are getting theirs!

If it's in God's hands and an almighty being decides who will get pregnant and who will not, how does birth control or abstinence even work to prevent pregnancy and thwart his will? Shouldn't God be more powerful than some pills or not-having-sex?

To me, it makes it seem like God doesn't really plan for those people to have children, since God already knew every person was going to exist when he created the world.

So, it really shouldn't matter, from their perspective, whether or not a person uses birth control, because people that use birth control weren't going to have children anyways.

They really don't think anything they believe through to its logical conclusion.

I did apologize to her and thank her for be proactive but the damage was done.

I thought that parents apologising to children was a big :penguin-no: in fundie land.

There's other stuff that points to a lot of physical discipline, but I'm surprised he apologised and then owned up to it!

That sounds pretty kinky.

Not to mention messy. I feel for whomever does God's laundry, 'cos walking about with his hands full of wombs is really gonna make a mess of those white robes we see him wearing in pictures. :snooty:

Plus, he can't do anything else while holding all those wombs either. Maybe he could fashion them into some kind of womb necklace, to free up his hands for blessing people and whatever else he does.

Amazing that they've only put 2 posts up and have already managed to be this unsettling. I can't decide if it's more disturbing that he would look at his FIVE year old playing and automatically wonder why a 5 yr old would be playing and not working (and as he pointed out she had already done her chore so there was no visible work to be done that could have even prompted him to think that) or that he "lost it" so quickly at her "sweet" answer.

So the dad sees his 5 year old playing with some toy food- and his first reaction is "why isn't she cleaning?". Wtf. And then he summons her, and she tells him that she already loaded the dishwasher and that the mom ok'ed the playtime. Wtf again. This family sounds all kinds of crazy. Even the most conservative families we read about here don't think their kids should be cleaning 24/7 and they allow them to play freely (except the maxwells, I guess, so I guess it's fitting that these people are their friends). Well what a shitty, boring existence for those poor girls.

He's got the whole world's wombs in his hands, he's got the whole world's wombs in his hands...

Now I'm never gonna get that out of my head. Thanks for that, Corral Family :ew:

So the dad sees his 5 year old playing with some toy food- and his first reaction is "why isn't she cleaning?". Wtf. And then he summons her, and she tells him that she already loaded the dishwasher and that the mom ok'ed the playtime. Wtf again. This family sounds all kinds of crazy. Even the most conservative families we read about here don't think their kids should be cleaning 24/7 and they allow them to play freely (except the maxwells, I guess, so I guess it's fitting that these people are their friends). Well what a shitty, boring existence for those poor girls.

Have you read any of the Moody books? If they're anything to go by (and I believe they are), kids in Maxhell have approximately three approved activities: work, bible study and sleep. A small amount of time may occasionally be allocated to play-like activities, but these basically equate to work-practice. Playing for the sake of playing is definitely not okay.

Have you read any of the Moody books? If they're anything to go by (and I believe they are), kids in Maxhell have approximately three approved activities: work, bible study and sleep. A small amount of time may occasionally be allocated to play-like activities, but these basically equate to work-practice. Playing for the sake of playing is definitely not okay.

No, I've never read them. I keep up with the maxhells through FJ, but they are definitely the most boring family we follow IMO. I mean they will make a blog post about the most mundane crap like baking a loaf of bread. I can't get too interested in them because they come off like robots. So I can't say I'm surprised.

"Opening and closing the whom". The spelling and grammar make me want to reach through my screen and start editing madly. We're not even talking about the actual content...

Yeah and...

We believe God opens and closes the whom and want to share our journey, both successes and failures, so maybe, just maybe, a parent somewhere will decide to put their womb in God’s hands, and have as many as He will bless them with.
'

...have as many... what? Hands? wombs? successes? failures? journeys? failures? parents? whoms?

a parent... their womb...

I have long wondered how any contraceptives could or would thwart the will of an omnipotent/omniscient God.

I'd say that what the little girl was doing definitely equates to work-practice. She told her father she was "organizing her kitchen food". I don't know about y'all, but I don't usually organize my food when I'm looking for fun.

We watched Theory of Everything last night. Celestial Dictator is the best description of the God these people believe in I have ever heard. Thank you Stephen Hawking.

In the hands of a celestial dictator. :lol:

I'd say that what the little girl was doing definitely equates to work-practice. She told her father she was "organizing her kitchen food". I don't know about y'all, but I don't usually organize my food when I'm looking for fun.

But, remember, her dad is likely a bit of an ass, based on his self description. After all, he is blogging because he is modeling his life on Steve Maxwell, which says a lot. Plus, as someone pointed out, he would rather do a deep discipline and be late to an appointment than give them a talking to in the car... (maybe it is harder to wield the plumbing line or wooden spoon in the car)

From his linked in, He seems to be a VP at Bank of America and his fundie required Multi Level Marketing group appears to be advocare... health and fitness drinks/nutritionals and skin care.

We will see if he ever blogs again, because his twitter is like mine, out of date.

Archived