IGNORED

Huckabee Doubles Down on His Religious Bigotry

doggie

so I guess if you hang out with gays and such you can't possibly be christian. silly I guess Jesus was not a christian either. fuckabee proves is not even christian enough to lci the popes feet. the pope cares and tries to help the poor fuckabee makes people poor and shits on them. who would jesus love? tough question.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...r ... -and-obama

Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee this week asserted that President Barack Obama had no right to “pretend†he’s a Christian after the White House invited LGBT and climate change activists to the White House to hear Pope Francis speak.

“I’m also concerned about a guy who believes he’s a Christian and then pretends to be and says he is but then does things that makes it very difficult for people to practice their Christian faith,†Huckabee told Newsmax on Tuesday. “If a person says, ‘I’m a Christian’ but you invite the pope into your home and then you invite a whole bunch of people who are at odds with the Catholic church policy, I think there’s something very unseemly about that.â€

“And it seems that the Vatican itself is very concerned about who the president has invited to meet the pope,†Newsmax host Ed Berliner agreed.

In a statement on Monday, Huckabee had slammed the president for what he said was a “classless decision to transform Pope Francis’ visit to the White House into a politicized cattle call for gay and pro-abortion activists.â€

“Why is it that Obama goes to extremes to accommodate Muslim terrorists but shows nothing but disdain for Christians?†he asked. “This is a new low for an administration that will go down as the most anti-Christian in American histo

There are not many people I dislike more than I dislike Mike Huckabee. This man takes fearmongering and using Christianity for personal gain to a whole new level. The way he uses his Chrisitanity for personal gain and uses the large platform he has to manipulate poorly educated types voting for him because, Jesus. I guess he forgot this passage.

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1 John 4:20King James Version (KJV)

or this one

17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

1 Peter 2:17King James Version (KJV)

Edited: Typo- Grammar

There are not many people I dislike more than I dislike Mike Huckabee. This man takes fearmongering and using Christianity for personal gain to a whole new level. The way he uses his Chrisitanity for personal gain and uses the large platform he has to manipulate poorly educated types voting for him because, Jesus. I guess he forgot this passage.

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

or this one

Me thinks he forgot the whole bible my dog is 1000% better at being christian. But he sure thinks he is a great Christian.

It brings this one to my mind:

Luke 18:9-14 (NKJV)

9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.â€

(emphasis added)

Because the President of the American people should care only about the issues of heterosexual Baptists who vote for pro-Life candidates.

or this one

Yup. Whenever I think of him, his statement about not providing health insurance for those with pre-existing conditions pops in my head:

It sounds so good, and it’s such a warm message to say we’re not gonna deny anyone from a preexisting condition. Look, I think that sounds terrific, but I want to ask you something from a common sense perspective. Suppose we applied that principle [to] our property insurance. And you can call your insurance agent and say, “I’d like to buy some insurance for my house.†He’d say, “Tell me about your house.†“Well sir, it burned down yesterday, but I’d like to insure it today.†And he’ll say “I’m sorry, but we can’t insure it after it’s already burned.†Well, no preexisting conditions.â€

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2 ... onditions/

Remember kids, Pastor Huckabee is pro-life and stands up for family values. :roll:

Ummm... Jesus was a Jew.

So were all the first Christians. You point was?

Though technically, to call Jesus a Christian would be putting the cart before the horse.

So were all the first Christians. You point was?

Though technically, to call Jesus a Christian would be putting the cart before the horse.

Yes, that's my point.

In another thread, Christian was defined as, "got baptized and believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for the sins of mankind" (paraphrased, not an actual quote). Jesus would fit that definition, sort of. He got baptized and seems to have believed he was the Son of God.

But definitions aside, I think the point was that it's odd how some Christians political views seem to imply that Jesus would have made a bad Christian. Just look at all the sinners he agreed to talk with and all the weaklings that he was kind to. Did he ever scream, "Nike!" when he came across a fallen woman? Did he ever say to a cripple, "we do not cover the healings of people with a pre-existing condition"? When he fed five thousand people with five loaves of bread and two fish, did he grumble about lazy people on welfare who are just looking for handouts and who should just get a job?

I’m also concerned about a guy who believes he’s a Christian and then pretends to be and says he is but then does things that makes it very difficult for people to practice their Christian faith,†Huckabee told Newsmax on Tuesday.

Funny. That's exactly how I feel about Huckabee and his fellow Christianists, to the point where I could no longer call myself a Christian.

It sounds so good, and it’s such a warm message to say we’re not gonna deny anyone from a preexisting condition. Look, I think that sounds terrific, but I want to ask you something from a common sense perspective. Suppose we applied that principle [to] our property insurance. And you can call your insurance agent and say, “I’d like to buy some insurance for my house.†He’d say, “Tell me about your house.†“Well sir, it burned down yesterday, but I’d like to insure it today.†And he’ll say “I’m sorry, but we can’t insure it after it’s already burned.†Well, no preexisting conditions.

He can use these terrible analogies because his followers don't have critical thinking skills. His analogy is akin to "I'd like to insure my sister." "Tell me about her." "She is dead." A better analogy would be, "Tell me about your house." "It had a broken window which we replaced and the roof leaks a little bit."

I’m also concerned about a guy who believes he’s a Christian and then pretends to be and says he is but then does things that makes it very difficult for people to practice their Christian faith,†Huckabee told Newsmax on Tuesday. “If a person says, ‘I’m a Christian’ but you invite the pope into your home and then you invite a whole bunch of people who are at odds with the Catholic church policy, I think there’s something very unseemly about that.â€

I can't see the connection between "unseemly" and actions that make "it very difficult for people to practice their faith." We can quibble about whether it was unseemly to invite LGBT people to meet the Pope (I certainly don't think so) but how does that prevent the Pope from practicing his faith? If anything I would say meeting sinners of all stripes would allow the Pope to practice his faith.

His arguments are like those of a 13 yo. They seem like they make sense until you think about it. The only people who support him also argue like teenagers, unfortunately they are not and can vote. :?

Actually, I should qualify my statement. He argues like a 13 yo who knows they're wrong, but is trying to get out of something.

[bBvideo 560,340:2nlcztwp]

[/bBvideo]

Yeah, Mr. Huckabee is pro-life, alright*

"Jesus was too smart to ever run for public office." Wow, he basically just threw shade at himself. He knows he's a hypocrite. And he'll defend Joshy boo but not an innocent boy murdered by an out of control, lying police officer.

You know, as much as I think the pope's full of shit about some things, at least he's consistent in that vein.

* I'd like to add, that while I'm against the death penalty, personally, I understand and respect if you think it's appropriate the way it's been applied in most cases recently, to people who have no question of guilt or innocent. I mean, probably most of the people Huckabee let get executed probably did disgusting horrible things. I just don't like his mental gymnastics and cowardice

Nice, he's so proud of himself that he actually read the death penalty documents that came to his desk and didn't just sign them randomly. Good for ya, Mike.

Archived