IGNORED

"Rehome" your kids to a child molester, receive an award

sparkles

Remember the worthless piece of humanity known as Rep. Justin Harris of Arkansas?

viewtopic.php?f=170&t=25524&hilit=Justin+Harris

He's going to receive a "Courage" award from the Family Council. Are you fucking kidding me? COURAGE? Am I in some kind of alternate universe, because where I come from, family and courage mean something completely different.

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/ar ... vent-today

family counsel seems to like scumbags. they have a pretty good rep attracting real winners. rehome your kids to a pedo get a reward. the fundamentalist christian way I guess.

Well, to be fair, it is "Biblical" to sell children (see Exodus 21:6-7, Leviticus 25:44-46). From the FRC's perspective, all that matters is that Harris' adopted daughters weren't aborted. After that, they're on their own. :cray-cray:

It gets better.

From the Arkansas Times link:

The Family Council Action Committee describes itself as "a nonprofit organization devoted to standing up for traditional family values in the political arena." Perhaps most prominently, its president, Jerry Cox, has been one of the state's leading voices against LGBTQ rights.

“The hardships that legislators go through at the State Capitol are sometimes unknown to the public, and during these times it sometimes takes tremendous courage to stand up for what is right†said Cox in a statement. “The Bible often speaks of courage and these legislators have consistently shown courage and taken it to heart.â€

Plus, they evidently are postponing the award presentation so as not to distract from/embarrass Ted Cruz, who will be at the event where it was scheduled. The courage just keeps on coming.

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

The only award he should win is some sort of "best toilet scrubber in the prison" award.

Ted Cruz is in town and they were going to give it to him there. On the 40/29 news broadcast they said they will not present the award tonight and would do it at another time.

I watched it but can't find a link that says that.

I think the award givers realized they may have made a mistake.

Sickening. I'll bet Cruz's people went apeshit when they found out about the timing of the award (though they probably admire this monster privately).

I really hope this story gets the national mainstream media coverage it deserves, but I won't hold my breath.

Justin Harris: Pro-life! But if you get raped a time or two after being born, it's probably your fault for being a demon child and killing his guinea pig, and it's not his fault it was all DHS.

I knew who this was when I saw the title. This couple really makes me violent.

Sickening. I'll bet Cruz's people went apeshit when they found out about the timing of the award (though they probably admire this monster privately).

I really hope this story gets the national mainstream media coverage it deserves, but I won't hold my breath.

Re: bolded. We can only hope.

In the meantime, commenters on the Arkansas Times article are getting in some righteous hits:

So Harris receives Courage -- is Cruz getting a brain or a heart?

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

The only award he should win is some sort of "best toilet scrubber in the prison" award.

or salad tosser

First off, why any group would affiliate themselves with this guy is beyond me, especially one that claims to be pro-family.

Secondly, tell me again exactly how much courage it takes to be anti-abortion as a Republican Representative in Arkansas?

Power of Courage Award? I think it's a bit misnamed -- how about Unmitigated Chutzpah Award?

They're delusional, and he's slime.

Power of Courage Award? I think it's a bit misnamed -- how about Unmitigated Chutzpah Award?

They're delusional, and he's slime.

I don't think it is misnamed, after all he has the nerve to pretend to be a good person after what he did (I can't even thinking about twhat he did or I start seeing red), much courage needed indeed :evil:

If you need any evidence that anti-choicers don't care about fetuses after they are born, this is it:

When I asked Cox if he had any reservations about honoring Harris, given the controversy surrounding his adoption, he said, "None whatosever, because the award is specifically for his sponsorship of one of the pro-life bills passed during the session ... These awards are given to lawmakers for their sponsorship of specific legislation. That's it."

If you need any evidence that anti-choicers don't care about fetuses after they are born, this is it:

When I read that, it absolutely turned my stomach. I can't even imagine the twisted logic behind this.

Wonder if Josh will be winning next years award... :snooty:

I expect he thought he would be handing out this one.

Archived