IGNORED

MckMama's FB Denouncement of Planned Parenthood

starfish

MckMama, the very voice of morality, not to mention grifting, has come out on FB as being against PP but more importantly,

abortions. She's all mad that people are concerned about Cecil the lion but couldn't care less about The Babeez.

https://www.facebookdotcome.pages/MckMa ... 33?fref=ts

She's posing with her husband in her FB profile photo but I thought she had a restraining order out against him.

Restraining orders, arson, bankruptcy, etc don't really fit in with her fundie narrative.

I thought she was coming out as against the Pissing Preacher. Now that would have been interesting.

I thought she was coming out as against the Pissing Preacher. Now that would have been interesting.

I changed the title from PP to Planned Parenthood because I had the same thought.

Because her POV is something to aspire to or respect. She should have used the "planned" parenthood services.

Poor kids saddled with those 2 losers for parents.

MckMama announced that her year-long separation from her husband was over, and that he had moved

back in. She also mentioned that this was their third separation during their marriage.

I think she needs him around so she can blame him when her schemes go awry.

But she has been all over PP, giving out senator's numbers so her minions could call and express their Outrage!

I've seen the same "why are people more concerned about Cecil the Lion than Planned Parenthood videos?" post going around my Facebook feed.

Can anyone give a quick summary of what the alleged scandal is, what might be fabricated or distorted, and what the real story (or lack thereof) is?

I've seen the same "why are people more concerned about Cecil the Lion than Planned Parenthood videos?" post going around my Facebook feed.

Can anyone give a quick summary of what the alleged scandal is, what might be fabricated or distorted, and what the real story (or lack thereof) is?

Here goes:

Theres some conservative assholes group that filmed a meeting with an employee of Planned Parenthood those ebil baby killers! They took the video and edited it completely posted it online for all their fellow assholes conservative buddies to watch. It was edited in a way to make it appear that Planned Parenthood the ebil baby killers were harvesting and selling fetal tissue from aborted fetuses to make a profit.

This claim is patently false. Women who elect to have an abortion are allowed to choose whether or not to donate their fetus for medical research - and by law the provider is allowed to recoup the cost incurred from doing so. These costs are to cover the saving, packing, and shipping of the tissue to research firms - not to make a profit.

Here's an article with additional information:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/opinions/ ... arenthood/

Here goes:

Theres some conservative assholes group that filmed a meeting with an employee of Planned Parenthood those ebil baby killers! They took the video and edited it completely posted it online for all their fellow assholes conservative buddies to watch. It was edited in a way to make it appear that Planned Parenthood the ebil baby killers were harvesting and selling fetal tissue from aborted fetuses to make a profit.

This claim is patently false. Women who elect to have an abortion are allowed to choose whether or not to donate their fetus for medical research - and by law the provider is allowed to recoup the cost incurred from doing so. These costs are to cover the saving, packing, and shipping of the tissue to research firms - not to make a profit.

Here's an article with additional information:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/04/opinions/ ... arenthood/

Ok, thanks. Let me see if I have this all straight:

Planned Parenthood haters created a fake company, pretended to need fetal tissue for medical research and secretly filmed meetings with an employee about obtaining those tissues. Those videos were then edited and released, with hysterical comments about "look at these baby killers callously selling baby parts!" all over Fox News and YouTube, ignoring that we are talking about a legal procedure that women are choosing for a variety of reasons, and that women have the choice to donate tissue that would otherwise be medical waste. They are permitted to charge enough to cover the cost of retrieving and shipping tissues.

I had a good eyeroll at this CNN opinion piece: http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/16/opinions/ ... index.html

A matter-of-fact discussion might sound grisly - which is exactly what the video makers wanted. Substitute any other medical procedure, though, and you'll discover the exact same thing. Doctors are trained to be sensitive when speaking to the public and to patients, but medical professionals don't go around speaking in hushed voices and using delicate language with colleagues.

Her blog posts have been coming up on my feed again and many of them are about traveling with kids, etc. -- some recycled ones from years past but also ones about traveling with kids (internationally, IIRC) and tips for moms. She sure loves "teaching" others how to do things....

• 1 month later...
Because her POV is something to aspire to or respect. She should have used the "planned" parenthood services.

Poor kids saddled with those 2 losers for parents.

Speaking of those two losers, Israel was arrested AGAIN (third time) for what looks like domestic violence yesterday around 6pm!!

I started volunteering with Planned Parenthood a few weeks ago. I stand outside and wave patients past protestors once a week. I'm planning on doing a lot more, this is just the start.

But I'd like to point out something I learned about the fetal tissue donation thing in training: only 3/50 states allow fetal tissue donation in the first place. I don't think it would even be lucrative to make a profit with only 3/50 of the states allowing it. And a lot of protestors quote the false videos as showing graphic (false) abortion procedures. The videos only show talking. These people don't even watch the videos.

(Sorry, I wanted to rant a little haha)

Why are fundies so emotional? Most people I know are like "wtf does it matter?" No one is using the fetal tissue, why not repurpose it for science?

A matter-of-fact discussion might sound grisly - which is exactly what the video makers wanted. Substitute any other medical procedure, though, and you'll discover the exact same thing. Doctors are trained to be sensitive when speaking to the public and to patients, but medical professionals don't go around speaking in hushed voices and using delicate language with colleagues.

I love that my doctor uses doctor language with me and tells me exactly what I need to know. I don't think I'd be very happy with a hushed voice and delicate language. I can handle grizly. I can't handle being treated like a child. The people that fell for this propaganda seem to really need a reality check or something.

I started volunteering with Planned Parenthood a few weeks ago. I stand outside and wave patients past protestors once a week. I'm planning on doing a lot more, this is just the start.

But I'd like to point out something I learned about the fetal tissue donation thing in training:only 3/50 states allow fetal tissue donation in the first place. I don't think it would even be lucrative to make a profit with only 3/50 of the states allowing it. And a lot of protestors quote the false videos as showing graphic (false) abortion procedures. The videos only show talking. These people don't even watch the videos.

(Sorry, I wanted to rant a little haha)

yes, it's true, the scare tactics and misinformation are strong. The people speaking against Planned Parenthood don't seem to understand what it really does the majority of the time, for instance how most of the Planned Parenthoods don't even do abortions, just exams and contraception. In my entire state only one PP did actual abortions and I think it's been closed now.

No one i've seen talk against them has ever admitted firsthand experience with them. Most of the posts seem to be only hearsay, from people who probably have never needed help in life because of strong family and privileged upbringing. Even someone from a middle/lower class but stable family wouldn't get it. On one really bad post full of misinformation i finally just had to speak out about my own personal experience with how kind and helpful they were, and how total cost there without insurance, including the birth control, was about $40/month. Contrasted to my recent trip to the gyno with insurance still cost us (i think, can't remember exactly) over $100 for labs and just the privilege of being in the gyno's office to talk to the dr. for a few minutes. On top of having to pay for the prescription out of pocket. I did ask them how much it would cost without insurance in case ours didn't cover it, just to be seen by the dr. without insurance it's over $200. I don't think my FB friend had ever realized most of the Planned Parenthood offices were only about fair access to prevention, for the care of the poor or those who can't afford insurance, and caring for the health of parents.

My friend admitted the funding needs to be redirected to local clinics. But Planned Parenthood is like the Walgreens of basic reproductive health, reliable and predictable, similar in every place. The community health clinics she thought would replace PP vary so much and might be horribly underfunded in poor areas. I wish abortions didn't ever need to happen, but i realize sometimes people are in awful places in life, and most importantly -- that's not all that PP is about.

Community health clinics can also be rough, in my experience with just one community health clinic, and that one was full of cast-off medical equipment and old furniture and seemed to rely on mostly volunteers who couldn't be bothered to be very kind or gentle. The hours were odd and it was only open a few days a week. That's why a more structured system like Planned Parenthood does benefit the poor more efficiently.

But it's an election year, and they need a villain...

Why has she started posting like she is european? "The stress of moving home" -- I understand what she is talking about and have no trouble with people speaking that way, but PLEASE, Mck. Are you headed "to hospital" next? You are from a country where we use THE definite article - and so much like her to try to reinvent herself into some sort of "other" thing. Weird.

And the spelling? I don't get it.

Moving home can be exciting, but it can also be stressful – there can be a huge number of tasks to complete in a relatively short period of time. If you are usually quite organised, this will work in your favour, but there are always problems that seem to crop up when you least expect them, and you should be prepared to combat any number of these appropriately. To make sure you have the smoothest transition possible, here are some things you can do to reduce your stress levels while you are moving house.

Why has she started posting like she is european? "The stress of moving home" -- I understand what she is talking about and have no trouble with people speaking that way, but PLEASE, Mck. Are you headed "to hospital" next? You are from a country where we use THE definite article - and so much like her to try to reinvent herself into some sort of "other" thing. Weird.

And the spelling? I don't get it.

Stolen content, maybe?

I'm not terribly familiar with MckMama, but does she normally spell / talk like this? I mean, I spell in the British way, and will often say things like to hospital, or sorted instead of sorted out, but I have ALWAYS done this (I learned to read from the British version of Dick and Jane, and just never broke some of those habits). To suddenly do it out of the blue seems odd. Maybe she is trying to sound all fancylike for some reason? Ifthis isn't normal, I vote shenanigans.

I'm not terribly familiar with MckMama, but does she normally spell / talk like this? I mean, I spell in the British way, and will often say things like to hospital, or sorted instead of sorted out, but I have ALWAYS done this (I learned to read from the British version of Dick and Jane, and just never broke some of those habits). To suddenly do it out of the blue seems odd. Maybe she is trying to sound all fancylike for some reason? Ifthis isn't normal, I vote shenanigans.

No she does not. She's quite entitled and pretentious but never British, at least as far as I can remember, and I've been following her since My Charming Kids and her pregnancy with Stellan.

Archived