IGNORED

Is it just me or does Anna Maxwell look pregnant?

ksuheather

In the latest blog post, the last picture of all the Maxwell ladies, Anna looks pregnant and yet Elise doesn't look as far along as she should. Maybe I"m just crazy.

Looks to me like Bethany is pulling on her shirt like little kids do, stretching it as she pulls it towards her. My boys were always pulling on my clothes. When my oldest boy learned how to button and unbutton, I got a surprise one day. He was about 3 and in the kid seat on a shopping cart and like usually, was fiddling my shirt. I didn't realize he had completely unbuttoned my shirt until I felt a cold breeze and there I was exposed to the entire store. Good times.

OMG, when I returned to the forum after earlier post, it's an older version of windows, and this is what was running down the side of the page:

Ads all the same links to this:

Maxwell Dickson Knight Graphic Art on Canvas Knight

Maxwell Dickson Knight The Maxwell Dickson use museum grade archival

now, I have multiple Jack-Post retro design, how funny is that?

For a minute I thought you were talking about NRA, who surprisingly doesn't look pregnant at all in that photo. But the way she has been doing lately, give it time.

I think RA just has her belly stuck out, because she's holding Drew. It would be quite the scandal if she were, though. Can you imagine the traffic on FJ for that?

It's just her stance. She looks very skinny to me.

Interesting that baby Drew was there, but neither Ruthanne nor Lydia were.

That's probably the closest she'll ever be to looking pregnant. I bet she looks at that photo longingly in coming years.

The expert lady's outfit is a little twee and yet prettier than most of the Maxgals' dull clothing. I wonder if Steve left the house rather than be distracted by all the pretty embroidery around the lady's bosom. And hoo-whee, how about those cap sleeves!? Why, you could almost imagine seeing her armpits!!!

That's probably the closest she'll ever be to looking pregnant. I bet she looks at that photo longingly in coming years.

The expert lady's outfit is a little twee and yet prettier than most of the Maxgals' dull clothing. I wonder if Steve left the house rather than be distracted by all the pretty embroidery around the lady's bosom. And hoo-whee, how about those cap sleeves!? Why, you could almost imagine seeing her armpits!!!

If you look in the background, this isn't the main Maxwell house - it's Melanie and Nathan's home. So, no worries for Steve.

Wow. That's the second post in a row where Mary's wearing a frumper. Come on, Mary! I thought you'd left those behind!

What a bunch of sad sacks. Flower arranging is probably the most excitement they've had in a long time. I cannot imagine a more boring existence than the Maxwells.

If you look in the background, this isn't the main Maxwell house - it's Melanie and Nathan's home. So, no worries for Steve.

Would Steve and Teri have allowed an outsider to come in and teach their kids anything?

And yes, I noticed that Christopher and Anna Marie's kids weren't there. I suppose the girls are too young and of course Josh can't learn how to arrange flowers because he's a BOY! (Nice to see Drew there, though.)

Wow. That's the second post in a row where Mary's wearing a frumper. Come on, Mary! I thought you'd left those behind!

It's not a frumper. You can see in some of the pics that it's just a long tank top. She's wearing a white skirt with it. The pink dress is a frumper, though, but not as bad as most frumpers.

What a bunch of sad sacks. Flower arranging is probably the most excitement they've had in a long time. I cannot imagine a more boring existence than the Maxwells.

I wonder what would happen if on the way home, the Maxwell women would have an epiphany and just decide to drive by their house and flee from Stevehova.

Hmmmm, when I just went to the site, the photo labeled Anna, Drew and Bethany is a picture of Steve and another guy.

You think Steve took note of you saying Anna looked pregnant and replaced the pic? But why with a pic of him and another guy? Doesn't even fit with the rest of the post.

It's not a frumper. You can see in some of the pics that it's just a long tank top. She's wearing a white skirt with it. The pink dress is a frumper, though, but not as bad as most frumpers.

I can't tell much about what she's wearing but I'll post again what I did in a prior maxwell thread- the way Mary's eyebrows are getting thick again, the stringy, uncurled hair and lack of fashionable clothes makes me think she got those privileges taken away by her jerk of a father. He probably thought she was getting too worldly. Also looks like no makeup recently. I hope we didn't get her in trouble.

I also noticed she wasn't wearing makeup. Maybe she just didn't feel like it that day - I rarely do on weekends unless I'm going out to dinner or something - but I hope Steve hasn't taken it away.

Hmmmm, when I just went to the site, the photo labeled Anna, Drew and Bethany is a picture of Steve and another guy.

You think Steve took note of you saying Anna looked pregnant and replaced the pic? But why with a pic of him and another guy? Doesn't even fit with the rest of the post.

I don't see a pic of Steve in that post.

I also noticed she wasn't wearing makeup. Maybe she just didn't feel like it that day - I rarely do on weekends unless I'm going out to dinner or something - but I hope Steve hasn't taken it away.

I've never looked at the pictures close enough to try and tell, but I always assumed the Maxwell women didn't wear make-up. I'm sure there is probably a biblical reason, but also because it would be considered a waste of money.

I don't see a pic of Steve in that post.

Weird. Maybe it's my phone. I'm seeing a pic of Steve and another man that was in another recent post.

I noticed that Mary's eyebrows were unusually bushy in these pics, too. She also has serious crazy eyes going in an otherwise blank expression. I hope nothing is up with her.

Maybe Mary was looking too hot for Maxwells. Maybe some men have intended to court her and not her sisters, and Teri has make her stop the shaving and the make up.

Of course I don't know, but I can see Teri manipulating Mary to make her feel dirty or guilty because her personal care (in fact, I think Mary is proud of her appearence and tried to dress the less frumpy she could).

If they are pushing Mary to hide her beauty, they are cruel.

I hope Mary to be Alyssa-2. I would reeeally enjoy to see Mary in jeans, but I know her family probably won't accept her.

We all had a sweet afternoon of fellowship and learning.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I just want to shake Sarah. The problem is if you call everything you do "sweet" then the adjective loses its meaning.

Get a thesaurus, Sarah. Use it. I have no doubt that your afternoon was pleasant and you enjoyed your nieces (and nephew) but since everything you do is sweet then you come across as a simpleton. I don't know if you are on anti-depressants or if your life is just so dull that every activity feels the same to you but your writing is cloying and sickly sweet leaving me to hunger for something more substantial and spicy.

I just want to shake Sarah. The problem is if you call everything you do "sweet" then the adjective loses its meaning.

Get a thesaurus, Sarah. Use it. I have no doubt that your afternoon was pleasant and you enjoyed your nieces (and nephew) but since everything you do is sweet then you come across as a simpleton. I don't know if you are on anti-depressants or if your life is just so dull that every activity feels the same to you but your writing is cloying and sickly sweet leaving me to hunger for something more substantial and spicy.

I also wish fundies would stop using the word "precious" to describe everything.

ETA: I'm not as much of a Maxwell expert as some of you guys. When did the Maxwell girls ditch the frumpers for good and go for t-shirts and ankle-length skirts? And how come?

I can't tell much about what she's wearing but I'll post again what I did in a prior maxwell thread- the way Mary's eyebrows are getting thick again, the stringy, uncurled hair and lack of fashionable clothes makes me think she got those privileges taken away by her jerk of a father. He probably thought she was getting too worldly. Also looks like no makeup recently. I hope we didn't get her in trouble.

Not sure if I followed the thread correctly, but was jumping down "rabbit holes" reading about the Naugler family & was led to a site NN was trying to emulate...

http://www.yestheyareallours.com/2015/0 ... k.html?m=1

An interesting read on how women are supposed to be "well kept" (in body, home & children) because it reflects on the "king of the castle" (no matter what type of castle that be) It talks about "putting your best foot forward" no matter your station in life.

So it is really curious to me "Why?" these quiverfull woman want/are required to look so frumpy & unkept? These were biblical quotes to follow..are we just picking & chosing which to follow in the patriarchal homes? Are they that paranoid & have that much lack of faith in their men that the women cant look nice because it will cause the men to not be able to control themselves & lust after their sisters (that is a whole can of worms on its own) But seriously? My son better know right from wrong & not make unwanted advances on a girl just because she is dressed with skin showing! (i do agree some teen clothing is very inappropriate but...) Where is the accountability for the men over their behavior? There is nothing wrong with a woman wanting to look nice & put her best face forward when in public (even the Duggar girls know that) Sadly, outward appearances are what people base first opinions on. These woman dont have to dress outlandish & slutty but they dont have to be old & frumpy either (even on a fixed budget you can look nice with second hand outfits). Jmo

I agree with you on the thesaurus 100%! Makes such a difference in the readers desire to pursue more or not.

Archived