IGNORED

Is it just me or does Anna Maxwell look pregnant?

ksuheather

Anna seems to truly love her nieces and nephews. I hope she has the chance to have her own children.

Steve - Let your daughters go. They are grown women and deserve a chance to live their own lives. You have 5 grown sons, they should all be searching for husbands for their sisters.

Wow. That's the second post in a row where Mary's wearing a frumper. Come on, Mary! I thought you'd left those behind!

If you MUST wear two tops in a hot Kansas summer, that is probably the coolest combination. :)

It must be horrendous to have a tshirt under a button down shirt on a hot day.

Not sure if I followed the thread correctly, but was jumping down "rabbit holes" reading about the Naugler family & was led to a site NN was trying to emulate...

http://www.yestheyareallours.com/2015/0 ... k.html?m=1

An interesting read on how women are supposed to be "well kept" (in body, home & children) because it reflects on the "king of the castle" (no matter what type of castle that be) It talks about "putting your best foot forward" no matter your station in life.

So it is really curious to me "Why?" these quiverfull woman want/are required to look so frumpy & unkept? These were biblical quotes to follow..are we just picking & chosing which to follow in the patriarchal homes? Are they that paranoid & have that much lack of faith in their men that the women cant look nice because it will cause the men to not be able to control themselves & lust after their sisters (that is a whole can of worms on its own) But seriously? My son better know right from wrong & not make unwanted advances on a girl just because she is dressed with skin showing! (i do agree some teen clothing is very inappropriate but...) Where is the accountability for the men over their behavior? There is nothing wrong with a woman wanting to look nice & put her best face forward when in public (even the Duggar girls know that) Sadly, outward appearances are what people base first opinions on. These woman dont have to dress outlandish & slutty but they dont have to be old & frumpy either (even on a fixed budget you can look nice with second hand outfits). Jmo

Women are Eve, the vixen who lured the studly Adam to sin. Poor Adam didn't have a chance against the alluring Eve. Therefore, women are accountable for men's lust. Ergo: frumpers.

I also wish fundies would stop using the word "precious" to describe everything.

I got a two-fer this morning on FB. An old friend, fundie-lite, posted about a 'sweet' friend and her 'precious' kindness. It's like a contagious disease, this fundie-speak, isn't it? :?

In fairness, thick eyebrows are fashionable right now. In any case I do dislike the suggestion that the Maxwell women and other fundies should wear makeup in order to be normal women. I do wear makeup, but not all the time - and I think having the confidence to go makeup-free is a good thing. I also don't see why women should have to go through painful eyebrow shaping just to please others. Sure, it's wrong if Steve forbids any of that, but at the same time plenty of non-fundie women don't wear makeup and don't shape their brows.

I don't think she looks particularly pregnant, certainly not as pregnant as David Waller looked in the Pink vested wedding photo in the other thread.

I'm just curious. I guess I find it very interesting that some posters are okay with speculating on if Anna Maxwell could be pregnant but when others speculate on Jill being pregnant, it turns into a war-zone and some take it very personal.

I'm just curious. I guess I find it very interesting that some posters are okay with speculating on if Anna Maxwell could be pregnant but when others speculate on Jill being pregnant, it turns into a war-zone and some take it very personal.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread speculating that Anna is actually pregnant, just pointing out an unflattering picture and expressing sadness that she might never get the chance to be. People aren't scrutinizing how firm her stomach appears, or trying to figure out her cycle as aggressively as the Jill threads.

Plus, it's so far out of the realm of possibility for single Anna Maxwell to be pregnant, vice Jill who is married and already a mother.

Elissa looks far more pregnant in the Memorial Day photo. Is it the shirt, the photography or is Sarah messing with the order these events occurred?

Archived