IGNORED

Submissive Wives Guide to Marriage(TLC Special)

Kira

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH.MY.GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really, TLC? is right!!!! This makes me feel sorta sick to my stomach. First off, I know what a submissive marriage looks like because everyone I knew had one when I was growing up. I don't want or NEED a headship (Except to use in "pretend talk" references to my man on FJ :lol: :lol: ). Secondly, my man does not want or need me to be submissive to him. That is crazy eyes talk to us both. I'm so glad he is a man who is too sure of himself to need his wife to bow down to him. (I do totally adore him to bits though :)

TLC has gone off the rails. I will totally watch this though, with my teeth clenched and my computer open to Free Jinger. It promises to be quite snarkworthy.

At least she didn't say that the submissive wife must speak like Minnie Mouse.

Ya gotta wonder what companies would sponsor that show....what companies would want to be associated with this show???

TLC has gone off the rails. I will totally watch this though, with my teeth clenched and my computer open to Free Jinger. It promises to be quite snarkworthy.

I anoint thee the office FJ Submissive Wives Recapper!

I anoint thee the office FJ Submissive Wives Recapper!

I will do it! (But am very embarrassed that you think I will be the only one watching. :embarrassed: )

Don't worry Fascinated, this show sounds plenty snark worthy- I'm sure I will have to fortify myself with libations, but I will be watching too!

Say what now? Not sure if I want to watch this, but I probably will. I have a feline headship, and my husband and I are his helpmeets....LOL! Seriously though, I may be a SAHW for the time being, but my husband does not go for that shit (especially in the bedroom). He wants an equal partner. He was raised by a strong, opinionated southern mama and so was I. Fuck you TLC!

I will do it! (But am very embarrassed that you think I will be the only one watching. :embarrassed: )

No! I just thought you sounded enthusiastic enough for the task. I don't want to watch it but I wanna read about it :lol:

Don't people say that when reading body language looking upwards and to the left implies uncertainty or a lie?

With that in mind I question if she really feels submission is a gift

TLC should give equal time to a dominatrix and her submissive husband...dog collar and leash included.

If it were this, I would watch.

Why do people read the woman submit verse but never read on to finish the chapter? Husbands are told to treat their wives as Christ treated the church. Christ did not sit around demanding back rubs or food to be served to him. He died for all mankind.

So, Mr Miggy and I use this as a guide for our marriage but we agree that it only works if we both follow it. Sex on demand? No, of course not. He isn't going to do something that makes me miserable. Does he gave the final day in major household decisions? Yes but only after long discussions where he listens to my opinions. Of course, he also has to remember that according to Titus 2, my job is the day to day running of the house. He doesn't have the right to push in on every little decision. For example; Mr Miggy wants to renovate the kitchen. I want to go on a holiday. We discussed it. I explained that although the kitchen is old and has it quirks, I don't mind it. Mr Miggy listened to my opinion. Then he explained he really hates the kitchen, he does half the cooking and he finds it stressful to work in. He said that either we renovate or I will need to take over more of the cooking. So I "submitted", as in, I understand why he wants/needs the renovation done and agreed to let him go for it. As he remembers his part of the passage though, he suggested that I should go on a holiday alone as that will still be affordable.

This is how we believe biblical submission is meant to happen. The wife is not a slave or door mat. The husband is not a tyrant.

post-2352-14452000252952_thumb.jpg

post-2352-14452000253255_thumb.jpg

Why do people read the woman submit verse but never read on to finish the chapter? Husbands are told to treat their wives as Christ treated the church. Christ did not sit around demanding back rubs or food to be served to him. He died for all mankind

Exactly. It's just an excuse to keep women door mats. I hear often husbands may be the head, but wives are the neck.

Don't people say that when reading body language looking upwards and to the left implies uncertainty or a lie?

No. (This has been discussed on FJ in the past).

Eye movements are generally linked to which part of the brain (or which type of memories) is being acessed at the time.

No. (This has been discussed on FJ in the past).

Eye movements are generally linked to which part of the brain (or which type of memories) is being acessed at the time.

Sorry I should have done more research. I saw it on an obviously unreliable informational tv show

Have not read tons of archives either. FJ is too large

TLC should give equal time to a dominatrix and her submissive husband...dog collar and leash included.

I VOLUNTEER! I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!!!!

(I kid. But if this doesn't interfere with Call the Midwife, I may just watch it and see exactly how much of a trainwreck it is.)

All I can say is, my idea of submission is different than her idea of submission.

We all know that submissive wives/doormats are out there; some women just find it easier to let the man make all of the decisions, including the when, where, and how to have sex. What I find more interesting is that TLC has decided to air a special on the topic. Is this related to the Duggar programs? Is it just that TLC is positioning themselves as the Religious Fundie freakshow network? or is there a different agenda? I won't be watching (American reality shows bore me to tears) but I will be interested to hear how TLC handles the material. Will the married folk be treated respectfully or will they be thrown under the bus?

Archived