IGNORED

Mothers Day post for Teri Maxwell

SPHASH

Sounds just like a birthday post. And I thought everyday was Mothers Day in Maxhell. They made Mary's graduation party all about Teri. And they took Teri to the zoo in honor of her "retirement". I'm sure Sarah had to do the brunt of the work during Teri's depressive moods when she was growing up. Fuck you Teri.

Yeah, I think the Moody book that we're discussing on another thread makes it clear how distant Teri could be, at least in the early years.

They really get off on that nice round 30 years of homeschooling, don't they? Well, Sarah, lots of women work for 30+ years, inside and outside the home. It's not as unusual as your posts make it sound.

Just think, only 15 more years and Sarah will get to celebrate 30 years of being a SAHD!

LOOKATUS

LOOKATUS

LOOKATUS

LOOKATUS

LOOKATUS

LOOKATUS

J E S U S

LOOKATUS

LOOKATUS

LOOKATUS

LOOKATUS

LOOKATUS

LOOKATUS

LOOKATUS

LOOKATUS

Jeez louise, these people are boring!

And arrogant and conceited.

And boring!

What reasonable, half-Intelligent, self-respecting, God-loving couple would want to model their family on the Maxdulls??

Yeah, I think the Moody book that we're discussing on another thread makes it clear how distant Teri could be, at least in the early years.

They really get off on that nice round 30 years of homeschooling, don't they? Well, Sarah, lots of women work for 30+ years, inside and outside the home. It's not as unusual as your posts make it sound.

Just think, only 15 more years and Sarah will get to celebrate 30 years of being a SAHD!

From looking at the schedules Teri put on line, looked like she spent about a 1/2 a day working with each child. Figuring she never had anymore than 4 in school at a time, and she did 0 prep work, that comes out to about 2 hours a day. Don't think it is quite the sacrifice they make it out to be.

As many other Maxwell posters have noted, poor Sarah is so isolated that she has no clue that millions of women do pretty much the exact same things Terri does,and they don't need their adult children to advertise it across the internet.

You're not that special, Terri! And if you're such a fabulous teacher, why doesn't your daughter know that the term is "sisters-in-law," not "sister-in-laws?"

From looking at the schedules Teri put on line, looked like she spent about a 1/2 a day working with each child. Figuring she never had anymore than 4 in school at a time, and she did 0 prep work, that comes out to about 2 hours a day. Don't think it is quite the sacrifice they make it out to be.

Thanks for doing the maths.

It's like the first time I heard about Meechelle Duggar and her 13 (at the time) kids. I was unimpressed: she had no evil government school schedule for which to have the kids ready, never had to do carpool or get to a PTA meeting or lessons or sports, and having 3 girls among the oldest guaranteed she had inhome help. Same with Teri.

Over on the FREEEE Moody topic, someone is kindly cutting Teri some slack for having been sick but most likely ignored and just told to count her blessings and birth another reversal. Well, by the time I got to observe her in person , she had every bit the cocky confidence of Steve. She speaks in a strong voice and authoritatively. The only time she looked uncertain was when Steve was freaking out over the absent prop Bible.

She's had her problems in life but being the mother of a large family was one of the lesser ones, thanks to the way she and Steve "educated" them. Half an hour a day, huh?

Nothing new there. New year, same post with the same word vomit that has little to no actual meaning.

Teri doesn't deserve a Mother's Day present. Look at what she did to those poor children of hers. She was blessed with eight children, born intelligent and curious and full of potential. Then she and Steve crushed their spirits and killed their souls, and turned them into intellectually stunted, helpless adult babies who will not thrive on their own. Especially the ones still at home, and especially the girls. They could have been anything, if they had been taught well, and taught that they can. But now they probably will never accomplish anything. If they do accomplish anything in life, it will be in spite of their upbringing, not because of it. And also because of the therapists that will have to try to show them how to pick up the pieces of their broken souls and teach them how to live in this strange world.

Teri doesn't deserve a Mother's Day present. Look at what she did to those poor children of hers. She was blessed with eight children, born intelligent and curious and full of potential. Then she and Steve crushed their spirits and killed their souls, and turned them into intellectually stunted, helpless adult babies who will not thrive on their own. Especially the ones still at home, and especially the girls. They could have been anything, if they had been taught well, and taught that they can. But now they probably will never accomplish anything. If they do accomplish anything in life, it will be in spite of their upbringing, not because of it. And also because of the therapists that will have to try to show them how to pick up the pieces of their broken souls and teach them how to live in this strange world.

:clap: :clap:

Since reading the free Moody book she has definitely fallen in my estimation. Sarah has so little imagination that she can only write about her own experiences and that means Teri was all but worthless as a mom. In the Summer with the Moodys Mollie tries to make cookies on her own and fails. Her mother comes down from wherever she was (probably alone in her bedroom as usual) and instead of helping Mollie fix the problem and bake a new batch, the mother tells Mollie about her own failings as a cook. And then she suggests Mollie start a business selling cookies. I can't wrap my head around this. If I discovered my 10 year old daughter baking cookies on her own and having problems I would jump right in and help her. I might tell her some funny stories while we were baking together but I wouldn't just let her flounder on her own. Teri sounds so distant and so detatched as though Mollie/Sarah was a neighbor's child.

Kind of OT: Because our schedules for today were hectic, my sisters, my niece, my daughter, and I went out for a nice pre-Mothers' Day dinner last night. My daughter, who is in line to get a great new job, choked me up when she thanked my sisters and me for being so supportive and such good professional role models. She said that we helped her feel like a real adult.

Love this soo true!!

Yep, they finally said it -- THIRTY YEARS! Sigh. And IIRC, they said it more than once that towards the end of each kid's education, they are pretty much doing independent study. So, no, she didn't homeschool for 30 years. Her kids spent a collective 30 years to graduate from homeschool but she wasn't doing it.

One of the things that makes me angriest with the world is watching wonderful people who deeply want a child struggle with infertility while these families continually pop out babies only to ignore them when they are off the boob.

They're like the people who adopt a puppy because they are cute...only to send the dog to a shelter when they grow up.

Yep, they finally said it -- THIRTY YEARS! Sigh. And IIRC, they said it more than once that towards the end of each kid's education, they are pretty much doing independent study. So, no, she didn't homeschool for 30 years. Her kids spent a collective 30 years to graduate from homeschool but she wasn't doing it.

It's pretty easy to homeschool when you leave out literature and the only book report you do is on the bible. Math? I doubt she taught them algebra, calculus, and trigonometry. Just stick with 2+2 and the most difficult thing is fractions and long division. Science? Just say God made that tree and directs the weather. History? Just cover the American Revolution, Civil War, the Great Depression, World War II, and Ronald Reagan and you have it made. Don't forget to bash the New Deal as evil and forget covering the Wounded Knee Massacre and Monroe Doctrine. Phys Ed? Don't teach team sports as that is evil, just stick with daily walks. Spelling? It don't matter if you can't spell Heilungkiang because you need to know where you are going when you die. Geography? All other countries except the US are godless so don't bother trying to find them on a map. Foreign Languages? God only spoke English. Sex Ed? Hell no. Sex is only for making babies. Music? Only hymns are acceptable, no Mozart, Bach, and Chopin for you. And if you get good on a musical instrument Daddy will make you quit.

I thought Fundies allowed classical, butIi guess Daddy Maxwell thinks that is to 'risque'..

Only songs that promote ear worms about Jesus are allowed in Maxhell - thus the censorship of Row Row Row Your Boat.

And yes, lots of classical music is about Christianity but it's so very catholic and written in Latin and doesn't use the KJV wording........

I wonder if they use the classic Anglican hymns or if they go for exclusively American Evangelical music. I'm totally non religious, but I love the 18th/19th century Anglican hymns.

Well, one time our (seventh day adventist) pastor did mention in a sermon about classical music being of the devil. He was fringe though; most adventists I know thought classical music was a good thing, even if they themselves disliked it.

So, this attitude isn't just limited to stevehovah.

When it comes to the Christianity practiced by the Maxwells*, any Biblical justification is purely coincidental. It's all about Steve and what he wants. Everything needs to meet two rules: 1. Steve likes it. 2. Steve doesn't feel guilty about it.

At least he likes hymns, I suppose.

He could be like some of the Presbyterian/Reformed sects who only allow Psalms, preferably ones that lift the text straight out of the Bible.

*It's true for everybody, even more so for other Fundies, but Steve Maxwell is even more extra-especially good at it than most.

Just by enduring one of their performances (it wasn't pleasant enough to be a "concert" by my definition), they sing bluegrassy, Appalachian-style gospel songs. Guess I could consult an ad for their CDs to confirm or not.

Then of course there is at least one Maxwell-composed song, the sad ode to the late baby. But it's not a worshipful hymn as I remember it, just a memorial ballad.

That's mothers day post should be for Sarah. She's the one that has to do all this Maxwell bullshit. She's the one that became mom when Terri had her breakdown. Terri is a sorry excuse for a mother. She allowed her children to be abused and just gave up on fucking raising them. She's no better than the bitch of an ass husband of hers. Fuck you Teri Maxwell for putting your innocent kids through hell.

And Happy Mothers Day Sarah Maxwell.

I have always wondered if the Maxwells would have gone so far down the rabbit hole if Terri had received real treatment for her depression. I am sure the family would still have been crazy but probably just typical fundy crazy. It seems Terri just turned every decision in life over to Steve in order to cope with her depression. Maybe with treatment Terri would have fought a little harder for her kids. This isn't to say that I feel sorry for Terri, I blame her, just as well as Steve for the state of their family. I do wonder if Terri's family ever encouraged her to get outside help. They don't see crazy fundy so I can't see them just keeping their mouths closed.

That's mothers day post should be for Sarah. She's the one that has to do all this Maxwell bullshit. She's the one that became mom when Terri had her breakdown. Terri is a sorry excuse for a mother. She allowed her children to be abused and just gave up on fucking raising them. She's no better than the bitch of an ass husband of hers. Fuck you Teri Maxwell for putting your innocent kids through hell.

And Happy Mothers Day Sarah Maxwell.

Wonder if that's partially why Sarah isn't married, despite several of the boys being so. Gotta have a backup mom in case something happens to Teri.... And, given how enmeshed the Maxwells already are, I just completely grossed myself out.

I wonder if it ever occurs to Teri that something went very badly wrong with her family? Does she ever look at Sarah and think "I failed my daughter"? Does she ever have bad thoughts about Steve? I know she probably clamps down on all negative thinking-- after all it is too late and she has to pretend to herself that everything is perfect in Maxhell-- but in the deep, dark recesses of her soul does she ever wrestle with the idea that maybe the rest of the world is right and it is her husband who is wrong?

It is probably too late for Sarah but I fervently hope that seeing her granddaughters grow up and become Maxhell residents will give her some backbone. Taking a stand against some of Steve's craziness might help some of the other family members to step back an evaluate what they are doing with their lives.

Archived