IGNORED

Arizona Governor Signs Controversial Abortion Bill Into Law

freejingerbeth

Back the hell up , how is that even legal? :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

What does this line even mean?

The fiercely debated bill also requires doctors to tell women they could possibly reverse the effects of a drug-induced abortion, a claim that critics have called "junk science."

What does this line even mean?

Apparently, there are some idiots who believe you can reverse the effects of the morning after pill. My mom is a master's prepared OB nurse. She said the whole idea is completely moronic.

Apparently, there are some idiots who believe you can reverse the effects of the morning after pill. My mom is a master's prepared OB nurse. She said the whole idea is completely moronic.

But since Plan B isn't abortion, I'm curious as to why Huffington Post would use language insinuating it is. I mean, I know conservative folks call Plan B abortion, but the majority of society doesn't call it that because that's not what it is.

Ok. I looked up the abortion reversal procedure. An anti-choice doctor by the name of Delgado claims that he has come with a way to reverse the outcome of a medication abortion by injecting progesterone into the woman, after she has taken mifprestone. However, there doesn't seem to be much data available to either prove the claim, or it's safety and efficacy.

ETA: I know Plan B isn't really an abortion. I was only using the language I found in an article about the doctor. I think that's what he called it.

But since Plan B isn't abortion, I'm curious as to why Huffington Post would use language insinuating it is. I mean, I know conservative folks call Plan B abortion, but the majority of society doesn't call it that because that's not what it is.

You're right. They did use that language. How weird. :think:

You're right. They did use that language. How weird. :think:

Because that requires knowledge of basic female biology and since learning science is bad, and lady's parts are just evil and icky, that just cannot be done.

These laws make me so mad. The only group that is punished is poor women who couldn't afford the procedures or medications out of pocket. It will not stop women from terminating pregnancies, it will just make the poor women go to sketchy doctors while the well-to-do get the same care they always did.

Because that requires knowledge of basic female biology and since learning science is bad, and lady's parts are just evil and icky, that just cannot be done.

These laws make me so mad. The only group that is punished is poor women who couldn't afford the procedures or medications out of pocket. It will not stop women from terminating pregnancies, it will just make the poor women go to sketchy doctors while the well-to-do get the same care they always did.

Amen!

So they're essentially requiring doctors to lie to women? What a world we live in.

So they're essentially requiring doctors to lie to women? What a world we live in.

In 2013, Kansas passed a bill that included this

Legislators in Kansas’ Republican-led state House and Senate passed a draconian anti-abortion bill Friday night, including provisions that order physicians to tell their pregnant patients that breast cancer is a risk of abortion, a claim that has been thoroughly debunked.

Well, what if you read out the spiel and then said "Don't worry, though, all the stuff I just told you is government-mandated bullshit with no basis in reality"?

It's the race to the bottom with anti-women legislation. The whackadoos in government are trying to outdo each other to prove their conservative credentials.

What is even the point of telling women this? Do these people really believe that women get abortions on a whim and will suddenly change their mind part way through?.... Oh, wait, yes, they do. :angry-banghead:

Archived