IGNORED

Duggars/Gothardites and women voting?

Meloncollie

Question for fundie followers - yes, the Duggar family campaigns for conservative candidates, but are fundie women who are ATI/Gothard/formerly VF followers allowed to vote? I'm sure they must discuss their votes with their husbands, fathers, whatever.. but ultimately, are they allowed to enter the voting booth and cast ballots alone, or must they bring a headship or male relative with them into the booth for guidance and oversight?

Just wanted to know and can't find anything on the 'net about this. I hope they are allowed to vote alone!

The entire point of the Quiverfucked movement is to breed children who will grow up to become legal adult VOTERS for ultra conservative candidates in hopes they can get one of their nutjobs like Splatty Santorum in the White House and turn America into Gilead. OF COURSE the women vote. They're not going to allow 50% of their ranks to not vote. That's how DEMONcrat LIEberals get into the White House dontcha know!

Of course the women vote for whom their fathers/husbands tell them to vote for. There was even a picture of Josh lurking over Anna's shoulder while she voted in an election a couple of years ago. Made me feel rather uneasy as the screen Josh "Anna" was voting on was out in the open, no privacy curtain around it at all. Maybe we do things a little differently during elections in Canada? Heh, we still use paper to vote! BUT our voting areas are at least 100% private, whether in booths or in open areas but on singular desks with large dividers around them. And you are DEFINITELY not to bring another adult with you while voting unless you have a disability that requires the help of one. Which Anna does not (no, Josh, her being a woman doesn't count as one)

My assumption has always been that in an ideal quiverfull society that women wouldn't vote but that in our current heathen society that conservative women must vote to bring that ideal society into being. I think that's more or what VF used to teach. Does anyone know for sure?

Exactly. Breed them out, then vote them out....The overall plan is to birth enough white conservative Christians as to out breed the liberals, athiests and minorities and to make them the majority in a few decades and have the majority of candidates and votes to implement their plans. Majority uneducated masses will vote in the people like the Websters and the Oak brook, Crown college educated. Even females who don't personally want 12 kids will have them for this reason.

Not wearing a tin foil hat here...used to listen to a Fundie light radio show where it was discussed all the time.

The entire point of the Quiverfucked movement is to breed children who will grow up to become legal adult VOTERS for ultra conservative candidates in hopes they can get one of their nutjobs like Splatty Santorum in the White House and turn America into Gilead. OF COURSE the women vote. They're not going to allow 50% of their ranks to not vote. That's how DEMONcrat LIEberals get into the White House dontcha know!

Of course the women vote for whom their fathers/husbands tell them to vote for. There was even a picture of Josh lurking over Anna's shoulder while she voted in an election a couple of years ago. Made me feel rather uneasy as the screen Josh "Anna" was voting on was out in the open, no privacy curtain around it at all. Maybe we do things a little differently during elections in Canada? Heh, we still use paper to vote! BUT our voting areas are at least 100% private, whether in booths or in open areas but on singular desks with large dividers around them. And you are DEFINITELY not to bring another adult with you while voting unless you have a disability that requires the help of one. Which Anna does not (no, Josh, her being a woman doesn't count as one)

I didn't get to see the episode, but that definitely sounds strange, I've only voted in person once (I've only been old enough to vote in the last two elections and I did an absentee ballot for the first one since I was away at college), but they were definitely strict about privacy. I can only speak for my one experience, but I cannot imagine the proctors allowing that to happen. Not to mention, the voting areas were so small, there wouldn't have been room for someone to be behind another voter.

Tbh, I can't even imagine a legitimate polling place allowing cameras in. I'm pretty sure even my cell phone had to be put away when I was voting.

Any chance that it was staged for the cameras?

It wasn't on the show, it was posted to one of their instagram accounts. It is indeed strange and seems like a very big no-no for a polling station to allow but maybe they made an exception for their local celebrities (Anna and her turd husband were still living in AR at the time).

Dunno how they do it in Arkansas, but here in conservative, bible thumping Tennessee they wouldn't be allowed to film OR "help" each other vote. It could be a staged photo - we will do that for politicians to help "encourage voting".

The Documentary "Jesus Camp" talks a bit about how the religious right is essentially breeding for political purposes. They focus more on Evangelicals, but I think the principal is pretty much the same. It's up on Netflix if you're interested and those kids will terrify and break your heart.

The point of Quiverfull is too take over America. So of course they vote thinking that America will bow down to their standards not realizing that being a fundie and conservative are two different things. Fundies are stupid, conservatives are not.

My assumption has always been that in an ideal quiverfull society that women wouldn't vote but that in our current heathen society that conservative women must vote to bring that ideal society into being. I think that's more or what VF used to teach. Does anyone know for sure?

That is what I suspect as well.

The show Mad Men accurately portrays this, I think. Homemaker Betty casually asks Don who they will be voting for in the upcoming 1960 election (JFK v. Nixon). Nixon of course.

Archived