IGNORED

Huckabee's terrible pardons.

Lillybee

I can't stand this guy, and he's dumb as a rock.

there is a news-satire show on CBC (Canada) called This Hour Has 22 Minutes. Some time in the late 90's when Huckabee was governor, the show did a bit at the State Capitol where the gag was to tell random Americans that the new Parliament building in Ottawa is a giant igloo, then get them to say, on camera, "Congratulations, Canada, on your national igloo." Many people fell for it. The end of the piece had Huckabee himself participating. What a clueless dumbass.

I can't find it on youtube yet, but i's probably in there somewhere. try searching 22 Minutes, Talking to Americans, Rick Mercer, and Mike Huckabee in various combinations. you might find it before I do....

I can't stand this guy, and he's dumb as a rock.

there is a news-satire show on CBC (Canada) called This Hour Has 22 Minutes. Some time in the late 90's when Huckabee was governor, the show did a bit at the State Capitol where the gag was to tell random Americans that the new Parliament building in Ottawa is a giant igloo, then get them to say, on camera, "Congratulations, Canada, on your national igloo." Many people fell for it. The end of the piece had Huckabee himself participating. What a clueless dumbass.

I can't find it on youtube yet, but i's probably in there somewhere. try searching 22 Minutes, Talking to Americans, Rick Mercer, and Mike Huckabee in various combinations. you might find it before I do....

You mean this?

[bBvideo 560,340:3aguywkr]

[/bBvideo]

It is funny, as opposed to this, which is terrifying.

[bBvideo 560,340:3aguywkr]

[/bBvideo]

You mean this?

It is funny, as opposed to this, which is terrifying.

yes, I found it about 5 minutes after you did.

and what is equally frightening is how many audience members thought his "forced at gunpoint" line was a funny joke; you can hear them laughing.

Doesn't this mean that he has no chance of being elected President? It seems to be the kiss of death to be labeled as soft on crime. A lot of people think the Willie Horton thing alone cost Dukakis the 1988 election.

So Mike Huckabee with the support of the right-wing machine was willing to pardon a serial rapist to get back at Bill Clinton. All this makes me wonder what they'll think of to get back at Obama. :pink-shock:

Doesn't this mean that he has no chance of being elected President? It seems to be the kiss of death to be labeled as soft on crime. A lot of people think the Willie Horton thing alone cost Dukakis the 1988 election.

This all came out in 2012 when he was running; it seems that his conservative base didn't give a damm.

This all came out in 2012 when he was running; it seems that his conservative base didn't give a damm.

Oh crap - that's not good news.

I don't know how I missed hearing about it before. I have family in Arkansas, so my ears usually prick up when anything from there makes the national news. When people make fun of Arkansas (Duggar jokes etc) I'm always quick to say that it really is NOT a stupid, hillbilly place. My family there is intelligent, charming, and educated. I was Fayetteville (where the University of Arkansas is) in April - that area is beautiful in Spring. It's so hard for me to understand how someone like Huckabee could possibly be popular and influential there. I have cognitive dissonance!

Huckabee also reduced the sentence of Maurice Clemmons who moved to Seattle and murdered 4 police officers in 2009.

I think it'll take a conservative darling being raped and murdered by someone he stupidly pardoned for his supporters to start using their brains a little.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Huckabee has no chance of being President for many many many reasons.

BTW, can this be a Huckabee thread? I wanted to make a thread for his college religious column RAPture Express

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski ... rm=4ldqpia (not breaking buzzfeed)

I so wish theses things could have been brought up while Huckabee was in my neck of the woods.

Archived