IGNORED

OMG, Botkins are giving it away for free!

Marian the Librarian

They must be getting desperate..."Homeschool Dropouts," the documentary the seven Botkin sibs made in 2009 - all 57 minutes, absolutely free.

The usual brain-herniating Botkin bloviation. Public schools are "statist indoctrination centers." Isaac says they were home-educated so they could become "the world's leading scientists, statesmen, church leaders..." (the hyperbolic apple never falls far from the tree).

Lots of crazy zombified eyes and I-just-got-out-of-bed hair. Cameo appearances by Nattie Darnell, Kevin Swanson, John Moore, David Noor. And really, really bad synthesized background music.

And Audri talks about giving up on the idea of pursuing a degree in cello performance, because homeschooling, and pride. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

facebook.com/westernconservatory

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder how long they will keep that up until they decide the plebs need to pay. And which one of them is a statesment-scientist? Does T-Rex Arms count as scientific statesmening?

On another note, I am still waiting for Nathaniel to snare a Botkinette. That pairing would create enviable word salads.

Wonder how long they will keep that up until they decide the plebs need to pay. And which one of them is a statesment-scientist? Does T-Rex Arms count as scientific statesmening?

On another note, I am still waiting for Nathaniel to snare a Botkinette. That pairing would create enviable word salads.

It'll never happen. He already has at least one failed courtship under his belt, which means he's given away a piece of his heart. That will Never Do!

The usual brain-herniating Botkin bloviation. Public schools are "statist indoctrination centers." Isaac says they were home-educated so they could become "the world's leading scientists, statesmen, church leaders..." (the hyperbolic apple never falls far from the tree).

[

so how is church leader a job? should be cult leader anyway.

They must be getting desperate..."Homeschool Dropouts," the documentary the seven Botkin sibs made in 2009 - all 57 minutes, absolutely free.

Lots of crazy zombified eyes and I-just-got-out-of-bed hair. Cameo appearances by Nattie Darnell, Kevin Swanson, John Moore, David Noor. And really, really bad synthesized background music.

And Audri talks about giving up on the idea of pursuing a degree in cello performance, because homeschooling, and pride. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

facebook.com/westernconservatory

How the hell can you be a "world leading scientist" if you don't go to college...like a REAL college??? Is this guy totally delusional?

That would require either of the Misses Botkin to want to relinquish her position as a SAHD celebrity to become a homemaker and baby factory. The lesson of Kelly Brown Bradrick looms large.

I think 'desperate' is right on the money. They were one of the premier lines of product for a company with a large established customer base for years. Unless they've been generating income from somewhere else, times have been hard ever since the VF product page went dark.

It makes sense that the business as a stand-alone is suffering, how long can the market 'ooo' and 'aahh' over this one family? The Western Conservatory products are repetitive self portraits painting the Botkins as ideal parents/daughters/whatever that the rest of us should emulate. Do they really think that people will want to listen to them talk forever?

That being said, I don't think they were ever incredibly wealthy during the VF days. I've always suspected that their financial situation has undulated over the years, and I think it's poor management on Geoff's part. He does not seem like a person who saves and generates money in normal, steady ways.

Wait, none of Geoff's kids are going to be Duck Biologists (or as I like to call it Dick Biologists)?

That would require either of the Misses Botkin to want to relinquish her position as a SAHD celebrity to become a homemaker and baby factory. The lesson of Kelly Brown Bradrick looms large.

I think AS and E would be pretty safe from being baby factories if they hooked up with Nathaniel. I don't see extreme amounts of baby making as being a huge hazard. :lol:

I think my 14 year old is more successful and influential than the Botkins ever could be. And he is just a pretty regular, although motivated, 14 year old.

What's the income stream from speaking at conferences? That seems to help support some of these professional fundie tribes.

Brain bleach STAT! I just had a vision of AS & E as the first fundie royalty sister wives!!!!! They could begin an entirely new biblically based movement, which could be an ENTIRELY NEW revenue stream for books, DVDs and webinars.

Remember, you read it here first. :D

Thoughts during the documentary:

Referencing a Ken Ham study at the beginning of your documentary definitely sets a credible tone and promises more good 'facts' to come.

Good Christian kids' sins are just as serious in God's eyes as the sins of depraved perverts and murderers? What in the hell have these kids been up to? :?

As others have pointed out up-thread, it is so very sad when Audri Vernier says that she was telling herself that she should use and not waste the gift that God has given her, and pursue cello at a university... but now she doesn't feel that way. :(

Ironically, soon after her future husband Ben Botkin says "Many homeschoolers i know get into music, not with a desire to be a leader in

the field, but just because everyone is doing it." I thought Audri desired to be a leader in her field? How are you supposed to achieve world domination- oh, excuse me, take dominion- by not utilizing what you are gifted at?

Several times I thanked God for the knowledge that Isaac would in fact get a haircut one day.

They really believe that all homeschool experiences were fulfilling and awesome and that if you think otherwise you are blaming God and are actually the problem. This head in the sand thing is what gets me every time with this group.

Loving the scare at the end, homeschooling will become illegal if some of the children leave the fold. Then they talk about homeschooling being a growing trend... so I'm.. hopefully afraid? :shrug:

Kevin Swanson definitely does not inspire Christ-like feelings in me. Maybe they should have cut him out.

Is it wrong that my mind went to a dirty place when I read the title "Botkins Giving It Away for Free"? :pink-shock: :penguin-no:

BUSTED!

Is it wrong that my mind went to a dirty place when I read the title "Botkins Giving It Away for Free"? :pink-shock: :penguin-no:

If it's wrong, I'm in the wrong with you.

On the other hand, the SAHD / Quiverfull / patriarchal movement has been about commodifying women's sexuality, so it kind of makes sense that we went there. Being valued for "purity" is no less messed up than being valued for one's tits and ass.

No. My first thought was of this song. [bBvideo 560,340:3a7enj8u]

[/bBvideo]

He may be able to give away the videos and books, but he's going to have to sell one or both of the girls eventually.

My version is not as good as some I've done but, here you go.

I sold secondhand theology as Vision Forum Wares

Til that Tool was found molesting one of his Au pairs

SO I’m stuck with aging merchandise, could my prices be too high?

I toured the family warehouse and told wifey, with a sigh.....

If I can't sell it, we’ll have to start to eat it it

Guess I’ll have to give it away

If we make them want it, maybe they’ll buy it

Who wouldn’t read what I say?

Now, I’m used to having the girls waitin at home every night

And while they’re getting older, we know their thinking is still right

Whoaw! But if we can't sell em, They’re gonna keep sittin on it

We’ll only give the books away

Now, you can't find a better pair of girls in town

And with minds like this, hah, not for miles around

And that is why if we can't sell them, I’ll just keep writing about it

Why should I give myself a shave?

Our dominion is assured, God will make so

But if we can’t sell the videos, the girls will have to go….. ahhhhh

Oh, so if they can't sell it, they’ll have to remain seated on it

I ain't about to give THEM away

because They’re lush, plush, slick and sleek

Darlin', two holy girls like this at any price is cheap

So, if I can't sell em, we’ll keep writing books about em.

Our kids can work without pay.

Now, look at this nice video, ain't it easy on the eye

Guaranteed to save any woman, girl or guy

But if I can't sell it, I'm gonna send out emails

I guess I have to give it away

Thoughts during the documentary:

Referencing a Ken Ham study at the beginning of your documentary definitely sets a credible tone and promises more good 'facts' to come.

Good Christian kids' sins are just as serious in God's eyes as the sins of depraved perverts and murderers? What in the hell have these kids been up to? :?

As others have pointed out up-thread, it is so very sad when Audri Vernier says that she was telling herself that she should use and not waste the gift that God has given her, and pursue cello at a university... but now she doesn't feel that way. :(

Ironically, soon after her future husband Ben Botkin says "Many homeschoolers i know get into music, not with a desire to be a leader in

the field, but just because everyone is doing it." I thought Audri desired to be a leader in her field? How are you supposed to achieve world domination- oh, excuse me, take dominion- by not utilizing what you are gifted at?

Several times I thanked God for the knowledge that Isaac would in fact get a haircut one day.

They really believe that all homeschool experiences were fulfilling and awesome and that if you think otherwise you are blaming God and are actually the problem. This head in the sand thing is what gets me every time with this group.

Loving the scare at the end, homeschooling will become illegal if some of the children leave the fold. Then they talk about homeschooling being a growing trend... so I'm.. hopefully afraid? :shrug:

Kevin Swanson definitely does not inspire Christ-like feelings in me. Maybe they should have cut him out.

The highlighted section seems to suggest that they are afraid that if some children leave the fold, they will report on abuse and poor education. Let's face it, if the homeschooling is good (and it can be very good) even the kids who leave won't be badmouthing it to the point that it would be made illegal.

But, maybe I don't get Botkin logic.

ETA I can't get the highliting or bolding to work.

Well, that's...something. I played it while I cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms and did laundry. There is no way I would have just sat and watched. It's truly terrible. Broad generalizations about public schools and public school students turn into broad generalizations about Americans in general. Apparently all public school educated Americans are wasting time getting abortions and listening to bad music. :roll:

If the music is meant to provide a sinister, threatening atmosphere, it misses the mark and veers into "let's highlight how silly this is" territory. I'm guessing outright laughter wasn't their intended effect on the audience; I'm just happy I had a good laugh while doing dishes and scrubbing toilets. The end credit music reminds me of the end credit music for the 1980s movie version of Flowers in the Attic. Also not their intent, I'm guessing. :lol:

Finally, I hate to snark on a child, even though he is no longer a child, but Noah Botkin had some major self-righteous attitude happening throughout that tradgesty. No doubt he was coached to have that kind of attitude, but it's so off-putting.

Not at all :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

OH GOD. This documentary is so painful to watch.

Yep - it's Night of the Living Stepford Children, for sure - really made me feel alternately squirmy and angry. Fast-forward to today, and while three of the sons have married and produced (at last count) four "future Botkin men," per one Facebook commenter, A-S and E are doing...what, exactly??

Give it away

Give it away

Give it away now

Give it away

Give it away

Give it away now

Give it away

Give it away

Give it away now

How come everybody

wanna keep it like the Kaiser?

Never mind me. Just singing something the Robotkins would never approve of. Damn, it's good to be a heathen!

:character-beavisbutthead:

I listened to all but the last few minutes while waiting in the doctor's office.

I was interested to learn that all American public school children have their "brains in jars" and are taught to think alike. That must be the reason that we all agree on everything and have very little conflict in this country. :sci-fi-beamup: We also learned that the second-generation of homeschoolers must go farther than the first. What exactly does that mean? That is remains a mystery. :tell-hand: They say the "homeschool movement". Many people discussed here would never say it was a "movement", they would say it was returning to a Biblical way of education. That was interesting. So many bloggers have said "I'm not part of any movement", just doing what the Bible says. :scared-eek: Oh, and they believe 98% of homeschoolers are not honoring their parents. This is because they consider other options for education. There are no other options; not private school, not a charter school, and not a public school. Humanist Europeans ruined the good Puritan education that started this country. More people could read when they were doing education the Puritan way. :penguin-no: It is a sin to be a "wage slave", you were given the gift of homeschooling- you much use that to something amazing. :violence-duel: Most importantly, it is a war. It is homeschoolers vs. everyone else. And the second gen better be ready for the fight. Insert various war metaphors included. They also interview the first Japanese home school grad. She says people in Japan are forced to bow to the flag? Not sure, but I'm gonna doubt that. :think:

Archived