IGNORED

Louie Gohmert strikes again

thoughtful

This man makes me miss the incisive intellectual analysis of Edgar Bergan's dummy, Mortimer Snerd. :roll:

I’ve had people say, “Hey, you know, there’s nothing wrong with gays in the military. Look at the Greeks.†Well, you know, they did have people come along who they loved that was the same sex and would give them massages before they went into battle. But you know what, it’s a different kind of fighting, it’s a different kind of war and if you’re sitting around getting massages all day ready to go into a big, planned battle, then you’re not going to last very long. It’s guerrilla fighting. You are going to be ultimately vulnerable to terrorism and if that’s what you start doing in the military like the Greeks did … as people have said, “Louie, you have got to understand, you don’t even know your history.’ Oh yes I do. I know exactly. It’s not a good idea.â€

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/w ... e-military

http://wonkette.com/564301/louie-gohmer ... each-other

I'm sorry, but..... huh?

I think "huh?" is an appropriate and natural response to pretty much anything Gohmert says.

If and when one can decipher him, "huh?" may be replaced by "How the fuck did this this man get into office?!"

that was probably the weirdest train of thought i've read...this week...

Louie is rather challenged in what we might call the areas of intellect. Someone is running against him this year.

Unfortunately, he is beloved in this area so he is in Congress for life.

Uh, WTF did I just read? Dude ain't making no sense.

Don't worry, you are just fine. Louie only makes sense to nutbags. :cray-cray:

How does he explain that our allies, Canada, United Kingdom and Israel, allow gays to serve openly in the military? There are so many serious issues to deal with and who consenting adults sleep with is not one of them.

Totally OT:

I had a feeling...

and I was right...

Louie Gohmert's district includes Big Sandy, Texas, home of ALERT and Josiah Duggar.

Back to your regularly scheduled snark...

Totally OT:

I had a feeling...

and I was right...

Louie Gohmert's district includes Big Sandy, Texas, home of ALERT and Josiah Duggar.

Back to your regularly scheduled snark...

I had to spend a couple of days around the Big Sandy area recently for a business trip. That is an unusually...special part of Texas.

I had to spend a couple of days around the Big Sandy area recently for a business trip. That is an unusually...special part of Texas.

Could you elaborate a bit? Cause I have to admint, I'm rather curious.

Could you elaborate a bit? Cause I have to admint, I'm rather curious.

It's just a weird mish-mash of things--it's beautiful country, part of the Piney Woods so lots of huge (for Texas!) trees towering above. Really lovely to drive through. The people are generally very kind, gracious, "old South" kinds of folks--but there is still a deep, ugly undercurrent of racism in East Texas. Religious beliefs are very much a part of public life; it's not uncommon to see people praying over their food in a restaurant, lots of politico-religious adverts and billboards ("Marriage=One Man, One Woman!" "Life is Sacred from Conception!"). I had trouble finding a radio station with decent reception that was not Christian. I would not dare "out" myself as a liberal feminist atheist in that part of the country without expecting some fallout in my business relationships.

I have traveled all over Texas for work, and this part of East Texas is the most overtly religious I have seen, outside of far West Texas, where even the city offices put up religious messages on their signage. Bizarre.

Fun fact: The airport in nearby Longview has a super-long runway that used to be a back-up runway for the space shuttle program.

Lest someone think I throw around the word racist flippantly--I present Exhibit A about an incident in Big Sandy:

http://www.news-journal.com/news/local/ ... 00470.html (not breaking cuz it's a news site).

I think it's fairly rare in most parts of the US for someone to be so overtly racist these days, but maybe I live a sheltered life.

With enough people like DeWitt Thomas, we don't need to worry about terrorists, we'll bring ourselves down.

Lest someone think I throw around the word racist flippantly--I present Exhibit A about an incident in Big Sandy:

http://www.news-journal.com/news/local/ ... 00470.html (not breaking cuz it's a news site).

I think it's fairly rare in most parts of the US for someone to be so overtly racist these days, but maybe I live a sheltered life.

WHAT.THE.EVERLOVIN'.FUCK!!

That's so screwed up! Almost 60 years after Brown v Board of Education and 50 years after the Civil Rights Act, and we've not come any further than this?

WHAT.THE.EVERLOVIN'.FUCK!!

That's so screwed up! Almost 60 years after Brown v Board of Education and 50 years after the Civil Rights Act, and we've not come any further than this?

Do you truly think most people are like that guy? To write a nine-page document about a black guy sacking his groceries?!

That man is obviously off his rocker.

Archived