IGNORED

Robertsons' idolatry

MamaJunebug

I'm blocking FB posts from "GodVine," which I only know about because a well-meaning friend post them. This most recent one,

m.godvine.com/What-This-Duck-Princess-Says-At-1-26-Had-Me-Hollerin-AMEN-She-s-Taking-A-Stand-For-JESUS--6131.html

is so badly misnamed. Sadie Robertson takes a stand for FAMILY, not God/Jesus.

At least she calls her grandfather "opinionated," which I suppose is a step up from "doctrinally correct."

If you can stand to watch the whole clip through, her dance and all, at the end you get the treat of seeing Duck Blind Barbie a.k.a. the youngest one's wife, doing some kind of chesty twerking type move for the cameras as Sadie's oh-so-saintly mother follows suit.

The one truly talented member of that family – – the wife who can sing – – and her husband, Jason, who has a reasonably good sense of humor, impress me with their devotion to their daughter's recovery from birth defects and to their son's improvement from a previous suicidal state. The rest of this bunch is so full of itself, and so patriarchal, that I seriously wish they would get their stupid butts off TV.

That isn't going to happen anytime soon, so if they would just refrain from claiming to be Christian, I know of several million thinking, liberal Christians who would really appreciate it. That is all.

I can't believe these people are still in the public eye.

I was in the grocery store yesterday, and there were their faces on a brand of beef jerky. I was in a drug store buying a birthday card last week, and there they were on several cards.

I thought their popularity was going down, and their show was about to be cancelled?

I see Robertson in nearly every single store I go into, no matter what kind of store it is. But they live maybe 100 miles from me?

They have so much merchandise, I do find it annoying. It irks me that they put out wine and put Sadie on DWTS when their church is against these things. Once again, the rules are for everyone else, I mean they sent Sadie to a particular Christian school because that school espouses certain beliefs but the moment it becomes convenient those beliefs are tossed to the wind.

Frankly, I am surprised the Duggars don't follow the Robertson model by selling a ton of merchandise. People who might not bother buying the girl's book might think a bag of tater tots with Michelle's face on it is kinda cute, especially if the infamous tater tot casserole recipe is printed on the side.

Supposedly they are coming out with some type of Bible study book by the end of the year. So they are expanding from sex education to theology. :roll: Look for the roll out of the Duck Dynasty Guide To Quantum Physics in 2015.

I see Robertson in nearly every single store I go into, no matter what kind of store it is. But they live maybe 100 miles from me?

They have so much merchandise, I do find it annoying. It irks me that they put out wine and put Sadie on DWTS when their church is against these things. Once again, the rules are for everyone else, I mean they sent Sadie to a particular Christian school because that school espouses certain beliefs but the moment it becomes convenient those beliefs are tossed to the wind.

Frankly, I am surprised the Duggars don't follow the Robertson model by selling a ton of merchandise. People who might not bother buying the girl's book might think a bag of tater tots with Michelle's face on it is kinda cute, especially if the infamous tater tot casserole recipe is printed on the side.

I'm still seeing Roberstons/Duck Dynasty merchandise in some stores near me. I was in a Smith's grocery story on Thursday, I went to book and magazine section and Jase's book was there. Wal-Mart stores are the ones carrying a lot of DD products.

I'm also surprised the Duggars haven't gone down the merchandise route. I think the Duggars will stick to putting out more books. I predict that either Josh/Anna, Jill/Derrick or Ben/Jessa will publish some of book about marriage and relationship advice.

A Jim Bob bath poof?

A Duggar nail job for people with extra digits?

post-10046-14451999529901_thumb.jpg

in all seriousness though, Michelle probably could have sold planners and home manager software at the beginning. But DD was already in the merchandise business. The Duggars are just a freak show. :lol:

Archived